The Boat House construction at Disney Springs The Landing

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

PrincessNelly_NJ

Well, I mean, it sort of is. Leave the kids at one of the 3 on-site children's activity centers (which are typically open fairly late) and go.

They work just like on-board a cruise pretty much. Drop them off, they have fun for a few hours, you have fun, then come back and pick them up. Everyone wins.
Or you could save yourself some money and just strap them to the bed with some duct tape...

although that might be frowned upon...:cautious::D

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Well, I mean, it sort of is. Leave the kids at one of the 3 on-site children's activity centers (which are typically open fairly late) and go.

They work just like on-board a cruise pretty much. Drop them off, they have fun for a few hours, you have fun, then come back and pick them up. Everyone wins.

I see what you're saying... but if I'm doing to Downtown Disney (or Disney Springs) for some adult fun and drinks I'm probably going to be there past their bedtime haha ;)

mechurchlady

The Landing will offer dining for families and have adult oriented amenities. Guests can dine on a nice steak dinner and go back to their resort while locals will be drinking and parting the night away. Every restaurant except for Fulton's, T-Rex, and Portobello are offering nightlife and entertainment as well as dining. That will allow restaurants to target tourists as well as locals

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, Dec 19. The exterior walls are being installed, prior to painting.

IMG_4256.JPG

Upper level windows are in. While not visible here, the tall "lighthouse" structure also has windows now.

IMG_4257.JPG

The sheet metal lower roof of the pier house is blue. The upper part of the roof is waterproofing material, prior to installation of sheet metal roof.

IMG_4255.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Monday, Jan 12. Boathouse construction. The scaffolding has been removed from the main building. Windows are prepped for painting the outside walls.

IMG_4462.JPG

The scaffolding has been removed from the top of the tower, exposing the roof and fresh white paint.

IMG_4464.JPG

A better view of the tower's top.

IMG_4466.JPG

Mostly hidden from public view, on the Fulton's Crab House side of the Boathouse, this section appears to be a test of what might be the final exterior wall colors. Note the blue on the rear building, and shingles on the foreground wall.

IMG_4471.JPG

The Boathouse tower makes quite a landmark, as seen over the roofline of Portobello's.

IMG_4473.JPG

Last edited:

flyerjab

Photo update as of Monday, Jan 12. Boathouse construction. The scaffolding has been removed from the mail building. Windows are prepped for painting the outside walls.

View attachment 79251

The scaffolding has been removed from the top of the tower, exposing the roof and fresh white paint.

View attachment 79252

A better view of the tower's top.

View attachment 79253

Mostly hidden from public view, on the Fulton's Crab House side of the Boathouse, this section appears to be a test of what might be the final exterior wall colors. Note the blue on the rear building, and shingles on the foreground wall.

View attachment 79254

View attachment 79254

Great photos! Good find from Fulton's.

WDWtraveler

The Boathouse photo update as of Thursday, Jan 15. External painting has begun. It was overcast today, so the colors are somewhat muted in these photos. The first photo includes the concept art on the construction wall for comparison.

IMG_4497.JPG

IMG_4490.JPG

IMG_4488.JPG

Finally, a view rarely seen, from the Downtown Disney ferry boat loading dock. The Hangar is in the foreground.

IMG_4483.JPG

Last edited:

flyerjab

The Boathouse is going to be a really nice addition! And wow, that building is huge...

Completely agree. I cannot wait to eat at The Boathouse. At least most of The Landing should be completed this year. My wife and I are foodies and can't wait to try the new offerings in DS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom