The big ? Everest v's The Mummy which one wins?

JROK

You can't compare these rides entirely. Yes they both have coaster elements and animatronics, but they're different rides. You can't compare RnRC and ROTM entirely either because they're different rides. RnRC is a rollercoaster where as ROTM is a dark ride with animatronics and scenes, as well as a coaster at the end. EE I imagine will be a coaster with animatronics. So you can't really compare the rides completely, but you can compare certain elements. Keep in mind that ROTM was/is a sort of new direction for rides in which you blend together traditional dark ride elements with coaster elements. I think they are all great attractions (I'll know about EE after Friday) and deserve some respect.

Just got back from everest. Im hesistant in saying that mummy is better, but I think it really is. There are things that I can compare

Length of time: Mummy is a longer ride. The rollercoaster portion of everest is longer that then that of mummy. Time frame though everest was shorter and I believe its too short.

Animatronics: The one animatronics that everest has are so much better than mummy's.

Story: It seems to me that the story of everest is hidden. You really have to dig deep to figure out the story of everest. It might come easier to some people than it did to me but I knew the story before going on it.

Queue: The line for everest is awesome. so many genuine facts from the nepal area. I talked to one of the castmembers told me that almost all the stuff in there were from that area.

all in all id say that mummy is better. everest needs a few things for it to be better and I hope to see those maybe. If anybody has any questions PM me

disneylands

Account Suspended
Corrus said:
Oh no!!! You're creating another Which is better war..

IMO They're BOTH very, very good, each in their own special way...
you can't compair "Mummy" with "Everest"

Strange, you took the words right out of my mouth! :animwink:

MichelleBelle

I've ridden ROTM but not Everest, but from watching the Everest video it seems to me they took what ROTM did and improved on it. It just looks so much more adventurous and fun. The Mummy didn't really "thrill" me... I was actually sort of disappointed with it. I mean, I haven't had the chance to ride them both yet so I guess I can't really back up my opinion, but I didn't think ROTM was anything to write home about and I'm a roller coaster/thrill ride buff.

Also, what excites me about Everest is that it's more of a coaster than ROTM... the "coaster" part of the Mummy was a snooze fest.

Lee

Adventurer
Mickeyman819 said:
Story: It seems to me that the story of everest is hidden. You really have to dig deep to figure out the story of everest. It might come easier to some people than it did to me but I knew the story before going on it.
That's one of my main complaints about Mummy...unless you stand in the whole standby queue (forever) and get the story there, the ride makes very little sense. The single rider or express lines leave you with a lot of story questions.

rowdyray

I love both thrill rides (Rock n Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror) and the rides with great theming and stories (Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain), but I found ROTM to be a let down. Some of the effects were neat but nothing that just blew me away, and the coaster part was less than intense. The only ride on Universal property that really knocked me out was Spiderman. Having not ridden EE, it would be hard to compare it and Mummy, but EE would not have to that great to be better than ROTM IMO.

Mummy is darker and more thrill-based while my impression of Everest is that it's more of an exquisitely themed family ride with a dose of thrill thrown in. Mummy is rather short at around 2 mins if I remember correctly while I hear that EE is about 3-4 mins.

Yeah the mummy is short if you done get stuck on the ride for 10 minutes like i did and then not get to ride again becasue we had to wait in the dark for some unknown reason. I got stopped during when you turn back to going forward. I was not to happy with universal. they told me that if i wanted to go on again i had to get back in line.

WeLComeHomE OKW

i havent been on Everest, but i would be safe to assume that Everest is much better and a much different ride... I would compare the Mummy with Indiana Jones at Disneyland MUCH MORE then Rockin Rollar Coaster. Mummy and Indiana Jones are like the same thing...just my opinion.

goofyfan13

unkadug said:
Wouldn't this question be better answered after EE actually is open to the public?

But that would make sense...:lookaroun

My favorite responses are, "Well I haven't been on either one, or I haven't ridden this one yet, but I would have to say that (fill in here) is better." Here's my question, if you haven't been on it/both how do you know? It's like trying to debate an article with someone, when you haven't read anything more than the headline.

RSoxNo1

I was very impressed with ROTM, and I'm really looking forward to riding Everest. That being said, does anyone have a ROTM ride video they can post here?

Merlin

Account Suspended
goofyfan13 said:
But that would make sense...:lookaroun

My favorite responses are, "Well I haven't been on either one, or I haven't ridden this one yet, but I would have to say that (fill in here) is better." Here's my question, if you haven't been on it/both how do you know? It's like trying to debate an article with someone, when you haven't read anything more than the headline.

:lol: MY favorite response (which you'll read a LOT of in this thread) is when people say, "You can't compare <fill in the blank> and <fill in the blank>". That statement has never made sense to me. Sure you can! You can compare anything you want. I think when people say that, it's just a lame way of getting around admitting that Everest isn't as good.

peter11435

Merlin said:
:lol: MY favorite response (which you'll read a LOT of in this thread) is when people say, "You can't compare <fill in the blank> and <fill in the blank>". That statement has never made sense to me. Sure you can! You can compare anything you want. I think when people say that, it's just a lame way of getting around admitting that Everest isn't as good.
There are things you can't compare. For example you can't compare ROTM and Small World, it just doesn't work. That said you can compare ROTM and EE. Since I have not ridden EE I will hold off on my judgement.

Jose Eber

I think you can compare the two rides, but then you can't. There were different budgets, different time restraints etc.

That said, I think Mummy is smoother :zipit:

But EE offeres the bigger (50 mph +) thrills.

Magic Maker

I will throw in my techinical two cents.

RoTM breaks down at least once every single day. It is a beautiful machine, especially with the lights on, walking the catwalk above it all. However, it sometimes is too much for itself.

E:E is also a huge technical monsters, but given how long it took for them to complete it may not have all the techinical issues that RoTM does.

Jose Eber

I just wonder what would happen if the 2nd rotational track wouldn't rotate and they let the car go after the yeti video...wouldn't it bottom out somewhere in the mountain or something? Is there a walkway there?

I'm curious.

peter11435

Jose Eber said:
I just wonder what would happen if the 2nd rotational track wouldn't rotate and they let the car go after the yeti video...wouldn't it bottom out somewhere in the mountain or something? Is there a walkway there?

I'm curious.
My understanding is that the system can’t release the train until the rotating tracks are in the proper position.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Corrus said:
So??

Although I'm a 100% Disney guy, doesn't mean that I can't go to Universal... :lookaroun
the key word in your sentence is "I"............ im 100% Disney as well, i just dont have the desire to go to Universal.... personal preference, i may one day, but when you figure in travel expense etc etc from Birmingham, i want a weeks worth of Disney, and not to take a chance on Universal

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom