The ball in tomorrowland is gone

SeaCastle

Seeing that the construction walls don't go completely around the location of the sphere, I would suspect this is more of a refurb than a removal. A removal would require them tearing up all of the pavement in the area and making it look like the sphere did not exist. This would most likely have to be accomplished if they were installing a planter or something similar.

If I was a betting man, I'd say that they are installing a filtration system for the water (if they haven't already). If I'm not mistaken, the Caribbean Plaza fountains never re-opened after the 2000 drought because their fountains never had filtration systems in their designs. Supposedly there are plans to fix the fountains so they can cease to be planters, and maybe this is part of that project.

Buried20KLeague

Martian Crab

p50581495-3.jpg

...me no take rolly-roll diznee man...me sigh-uh-meeze twins

Oriolesmagic

The wall was still up with no ball in sight as of yesterday.

Rode the TTA and the sight was still very similar to that of the picture in the first post.

WDWFanatic

im going to agree with seacastle and say they are refurb the area. The way they have only sectioned off some of the area makes me think it will be kind of like those areas for parents to take a break at the mall and let the kids loose in those play areas. They can try to spin the ball while the parents sit on some benches surrounding it. just my thought.

sillykid

Saw the ball in mid Feb, and must say there was something wrong with it. There were huge deep scratches on it as if it had been pushed with no water running. Kind of like a 20 year old lane owned bowling ball.

Thurp

Original Poster
This is what it looks like today. Notice the new pipes, they are making progress.

Attachments

• IMG_1000001674.jpg
    IMG_1000001674.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 147

rct247

In other related Tomorrowland thematic element refurbishments...

The Robo-News Robot has been removed for what I also assume is a refurbishment.

Photo:

254242_10100579175439708_13735617_60448470_6394103_n.jpg

blm07

If they replace it with a DVC, popcorn cart, merchandise cart, or new stage to play crappy pop music, I'm gonna be angry. Did I cover everything?

PhilharMagician

In other related Tomorrowland thematic element refurbishments...

The Robo-News Robot has been removed for what I also assume is a refurbishment.

Photo:

254242_10100579175439708_13735617_60448470_6394103_n.jpg

This is a good thing. That robot was in serious disrepair. Many stress crack in it's fiberglass structure probablyt from kids/adults trying to climb it. It also looked like they tried to repair it in place a few times and the repairs looked cheezy. Nice to see TL getting some much needed love. Now hopefully the facade refacing crew will next move to TL after they are done in Frontierland. A good spit and polish would do wonders on all that stainless steel.

SeaBase86

I always enjoyed reading the map on that ball that gave the names of the buildings in Tomorrowland. It felt like Alien Encounter and The Timekeeper were still there. Ahhh the 90's.

puntagordabob

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkadug
How so?

This is the same poster who once had these two posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeany031
I think that Disney make a bad idea to bring Brazil to epcot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeany031
Yeah me too! I think that Brazil Pavilion will be nice for Epcot World Showcase!

In the same thread.
---------------------------------------------------

Maybe Jeany031 just wanted to be sure they won the arguement...being on both sides is one way to do that haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom