The Amazing Race Returns Fall of 2008

GenerationX

I'm not sure how the FF clue was worded, but if "restaurant" was in there anywhere, Terrence was an idiot to try for the FF. I can respect someone for being a vegetarian, but you have to realize that any clue involving a restaurant is going to include eating nasty (and likely animal-based) food. Good riddance, once again, to an annoying team done in by their own hands.

Now, if the frat lunkheads get Philiminated next, we'll have a pretty worthy final three.

How cool were Toni and Dallas during the Detour? If you're going to walk busy streets in a cow costume, why not have a little fun with it?

SirNim

I'm not sure how the FF clue was worded, but if "restaurant" was in there anywhere, Terrence was an idiot to try for the FF. I can respect someone for being a vegetarian, but you have to realize that any clue involving a restaurant is going to include eating nasty (and likely animal-based) food.
I thought the same thing! :lol:

How cool were Toni and Dallas during the Detour? If you're going to walk busy streets in a cow costume, why not have a little fun with it?
That was great. They got that task done properly.

ann0d

Toni and Dallas went farther than I ever expected. Doubt if they will win if it comes to running at the end, but they are impressive.

kstella

It was very stupid of the vegetarian to try a food FF. I won't miss them shouting I love you at each other all the time:hurl::hurl:.

The boys are headed for a melt down. They're just not competitive enough to keep up with the other teams.

Maybe if they win, Tina can pay a good plastic surgeon to fix her eyebrows. She really needs to stop taking herself so seriously and respect that Ken might have an opinion himself and that just because he doesn't agree with her that doesn't make him wrong.

Sam02

Toni and Dallas went farther than I ever expected. Doubt if they will win if it comes to running at the end, but they are impressive.

You never know. Rob and Amber were beat by one team (their name escapes me) because they were able to get on an earlier flight and Rob and Amber couldn't. This meant there really wasn't much of a race at the very end. Rob and Amber definately could have beat them in a foot race, but that's not how it played out. Toni and Dallas could have the same luck.

artvandelay

Original Poster
You never know. Rob and Amber were beat by one team (their name escapes me) because they were able to get on an earlier flight and Rob and Amber couldn't.

Actually, Rob and Amber got on a flight that no one thought they could get on. Their plane was pulling away from the jet way and was stopped and returned to the gate so Uchena and Joyce could board. If that plane had left, Rob and Amber would of won by hours. It always seemed suspicious to me that plane came back to the gate.

Sam02

Actually, Rob and Amber got on a flight that no one thought they could get on. Their plane was pulling away from the jet way and was stopped and returned to the gate so Uchena and Joyce could board. If that plane had left, Rob and Amber would of won by hours. It always seemed suspicious to me that plane came back to the gate.

I remember Uchena and Joyce (thanks for the names!) getting the plane to come back to the gate (although I thought the plane hadn't left the gate only the walkway had been pulled away). But I could have sworn that Rob and Amber were not on the flight and thats why Uchena and Joyce got the lead on them. I guess I'm going to have to find video to refresh my memory.

artvandelay

Original Poster
I remember Uchena and Joyce (thanks for the names!) getting the plane to come back to the gate (although I thought the plane hadn't left the gate only the walkway had been pulled away). But I could have sworn that Rob and Amber were not on the flight and thats why Uchena and Joyce got the lead on them. I guess I'm going to have to find video to refresh my memory.

They both were on the same flight to Miami. Rob and Amber had trouble finding a store with a Spanish name. Uchena and Joyce found the store and won.

Sam02

They both were on the same flight to Miami. Rob and Amber had trouble finding a store with a Spanish name. Uchena and Joyce found the store and won.

Thanks! I love this show, but season's tend to run into each other so specifics go out the window for me.

What do you think about there not being a non-elimination round this last week. With 2 non-elimination legs left that means there will be 2 weeks of a final four before the final three. I don't like back to back non-elimination's, especially when the teams move into the final 3 spots.

GenerationX

Yes, Terrence and Sarah were Philiminated last week. I'm guessing this week will be a non-elimination and the week after that will be a regular elimination. That will get us down to the final three, where there is the traditional non-elimination leg before the final three race to the finish line.

maggiegrace1

Drew and I were laughing so hard at that...

Poor guy has NO coordination at all and it seems like he needs that next week also..:)

They also need to read the clues better..this is like the 3rd time they have messed up by not reading the clue..

I want Dallas and Toni to win..:)

Sam02

I was laughing so hard at the Frat boys, but I also felt really bad too. How humiliating must it be to have to relive that with the millions of people watching the show. Although the frat boys are not my favorite team, I do enjoy watching their mistakes.

I was so happy for Toni and Dallas. I hope they can make it to the final 3.

kstella

The frat boys really need to slow down and think more. It's not just a race of speed, but also brains. Why did they leave their shoes behind at the costume place? The took their backpacks, so why not their shoes? I never would have believed that anyone could be that uncoordinated. Can you imagine him dancing?(next week?)

The budding romance between Dallas and Starr is kind of fun to watch. It was cute that they were holding hands at the airport.

Did anyone else notice that Nick and Starr had each other's uniform shirts on? Why doesn't the Russian army wear regular socks?

magicfan

Does anybody else think that Dallas looks a good deal like Tim Tebow?

After seeing the one frat's uncoordination this week, there's no way they finish that extra task quickly and find a way to survive. Buh-bye...

GenerationX

The frat boys were hopeless (as usual) at all of the tasks this week, and I agree with magicfan that they have virtually no chance of avoiding Philimination next week. They have to complete an extra task ... involving coordination? Doomed. They seem harmless enough, but I can't bear to see such ineptitude continue to advance.

I think Tina drew her eyebrows on a little better this week. They almost looked human.

maggiegrace1

YAY!...I was sooo happy that Tina And Ken did not win!.. I was worried there for a while and was about to go crazy because it kept getting so close so many times..:)

Then they had to try and steal all of Nick and Str's thunderby asking her to wear her ring again..after they argued almost the whole last leg...haha

I think Nick and Star deserved to win and was glad they did..:)

One thing I noticed is that Dallas and Toni were not at the ending..I wonder why?

RAXIP

YAY!...I was sooo happy that Tina And Ken did not win!.. I was worried there for a while and was about to go crazy because it kept getting so close so many times..:)

Then they had to try and steal all of Nick and Str's thunderby asking her to wear her ring again..after they argued almost the whole last leg...haha

I think Nick and Star deserved to win and was glad they did..:)

One thing I noticed is that Dallas and Toni were not at the ending..I wonder why?

I'm REALLY happy Nick and Star won! I was getting really nervous at the end, 'cause Ken and Tina were always so close.

Poor Dan and Andrew disappeared halfway through the episode LOL

I noticed Dallas and Toni were missing too. The probably couldn't get of Russia in time without their passports.

GenerationX

That was a satisfying ending. The two top teams deserved to be there, and they battled it out until the end. I was really glad to see Nick and Starr win, as they finished the race with 7 first place finishes out of 11 legs. That's impressive, and I don't believe any other team in Amazing Race history has had that level of success.

I surfed over to televisionwithoutpity to find out what happened to Toni and Dallas. Apparently, it took them another day (and a visit to the American embassy) to get passports. They made it to the U.S. in time for the post-filming party, but not for the race finish. I didn't see any additional news about the Dallas/Starr relationship.

Speaking of relationships, I wonder if Ken and Tina are truly back together again.

According to the futon critic, the Amazing Race 14 debuts on Sunday, Feb. 15th for another racearoundtheworld. Waaaahoooooo!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom