The Amazing Race Returns Fall of 2008

SpongeScott

*sigh* Why did it have to be the geeks? I lost a favorite, too. There are a few left that I like. There are only a couple I simply cannot stand.
About the only one I can't stand at this point is Ken's wife. :lookaroun

No wonder he cheated on her. :eek: :lookaroun :zipit:

:lol:

hcswingfield

I wonder if there is any chance that Dallas will continue to wear his superhero/wrestling spandex outfit for the rest of the show? :lookaroun :slurp: :lookaroun

hcswingfield

*sigh* Why did it have to be the geeks? I lost a favorite, too. There are a few left that I like. There are only a couple I simply cannot stand.

The only couple I can't stand is the one where the girlfriend is always whining about somebody not saying hello to her. The two divorced women are also starting to annoy me.

maggiegrace1

About the only one I can't stand at this point is Ken's wife. :lookaroun

No wonder he cheated on her. :eek:

:lol:
:eek:

She is annoying as all hell....
The girls who were complaining bout the sports bra thing annoy me....
I wonder if there is any chance that Dallas will continue to wear his superhero/wrestling spandex outfit for the rest of the show? :lookaroun :slurp: :lookaroun
:sohappy:
One can only hope Harry..;):lol:

GenerationX

I love that Tina and her freakishly drawn eyebrows continue to berate Ken for his lack of "communication". And by communication, she means his inability to agree with every single thing she says.

The geeks interviewed at the start of the show that they're not the fastest team, but that they'll win by pausing and thinking things out. The producers must have loved that interview when they lost precisely for that reason.

The detours were both cool, and the roadblock was pretty funny. As usual, the producers have done a great job in setting up the tasks and providing us with phenomenal views of the city and countryside. There's a real good reason why this show has won six straight Emmy's for Best Reality Competition Show.

GenerationX

They never did show us how far behind Aja and Ty were. They were never definitively in the same camera shot as any of the other teams. They could have been (and probably were) hours behind the other teams.

No Non-Elimination Legs yet? We're overdue.

I've had it with Kelly and Christy, the divorcees. Pretty clear why they're divorced ... accuse someone of pushing a sports bra off a ledge, claim they're going to use their brains then forget to read the clue (multiple times), cackle over unflattering nicknames for fellow racers ... yeah, either of these two are a real catch.

Once again, incredible scenery!

artvandelay

Original Poster
Aja and Ty might of been a whole day behind the other teams. I was hoping for a non elimination leg so we could see how far behind they were. My pick for the final 3 are:

Ken and Tina
Star and Nick
Toni and Dallas

Terrence and Sarah are due for a meltdown (Terrence), Kelly and Christy's knack for not reading clues or signs will catch up to them, and the Frat boys seem to lack fire.

We're due for a non elimination leg soon. In the first episode, Phil said there would be 3 non elim legs. We're also due for a two parter (end of ep. 1 Phil tells them they're still racing).

GenerationX

... Kelly and Christy's knack for not reading clues or signs will catch up to them ...
You are correct! Not just on one task, but both tasks. First, one of them neglects to look for the marked clue in the color Roadblock. Then, they don't even bother to get out of their car to look for the small numbers in the Detour. Given their contempt for the other racers, it was nice to see them fall on their own incompetence. Good riddance.

This was Ken and Tina's best leg. They worked well together and seemed to actually enjoy each other's company. It was kinda sweet the way Tina turned to Ken in the cab and asked if he liked her green hair. They may be getting the Redemption Edit that happens in most seasons (remember Christina and her dad Ronald last season - he ultimately seemed to respect her after a rough start).

From a pure racing perspective, Nick and Starr are the team to beat. They're efficient at the tasks, and they don't help the other teams. Helping the other teams would be a great idea if you weren't in direct competition with those teams. And speaking from the shallow end of the pool, Starr is quite the hottie.

artvandelay

Original Poster
My son and I both shouted "Yes!" when Kelly and Christy were the last to arrive.

Gen X, Starr is hot and smart.

Looks like the teams are travelling this week and probably will be bunched up again.

bobjl527

My son and I both shouted "Yes!" when Kelly and Christy were the last to arrive.

Gen X, Starr is hot and smart.

Looks like the teams are travelling this week and probably will be bunched up again.

I know what you mean, but I am going to miss the divorcee's. I loved laughing at them every week.

Starr is very, very beautiful. I am pulling for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom