The 9 Most Racist Disney Characters

Cynderella

Wow what is wrong with people these days? They look into everything waay to much! I would have never in a million years thought of any of that when watching those movies. It's ridiculous.

shoppingnut

Wow what is wrong with people these days? They look into everything waay to much! I would have never in a million years thought of any of that when watching those movies. It's ridiculous.

Totally agree, people have way too much time on their hands delving into every frame of film. Instead, they should be out volunteering their time to help others.

Tenny317

you know why this annoys me because of the time period. People have to remember that at different times in our culture things were most acceptable. I just think alot of people are extremely sensitive to be politically incorrect. Get over it...if you can make fun of yourself and others in a nice silly kind of way then just let it be...because trust me i make fun of myself and my culture and all my friends and family do too who come from various backgrounds

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I believe this is the most racist Disney character:

Der_Fuehrer%27s_Face.jpg

:lookaroun :lol: :zipit:

JML42691

I have to agree with the point that some people are way over-analyzing things these days. For one of my summer reading projects over the summer I had to read the epic poem Beowulf. For the month of September we analyzed the "story behind the story" and we eventually reached the point that the entire story is a relation between good and evil and this relates to many Biblical figures and stories. Didn't anybody really think that the original authors may have just written the story as a simple form of entertainment? I think that we are just looking way too deep into things these days:(

brkgnews

Der_Fuehrer%27s_Face.jpg

Yeah, it's hard to beat a Nazi (Nutsy) duck when it comes to racist characters.

JML: the film was a pro-US propoganda film in WWII in which DOnald has a nightmare that he's stuck in Nazi Germany.

sbkline

you know why this annoys me because of the time period. People have to remember that at different times in our culture things were most acceptable. I just think alot of people are extremely sensitive to be politically incorrect. Get over it...if you can make fun of yourself and others in a nice silly kind of way then just let it be...because trust me i make fun of myself and my culture and all my friends and family do too who come from various backgrounds

Amen to that! :sohappy:

Cmdr_Crimson

The crows remind me of the scene in Family Guy where Peter says.."Ah that's good old fashion family racisim.":ROFLOL: Gotta love Family guy!

JML42691

Yeah, it's hard to beat a Nazi (Nutsy) duck when it comes to racist characters.

JML: the film was a pro-US propoganda film in WWII in which DOnald has a nightmare that he's stuck in Nazi Germany.

Thanks, haven't seen that before. At least it was only pro-US propaganda and a nightmare.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Please, don't tell me someone took me seriously?

I added smileys to that post!

JLW11Hi

Racism sucks...

...but I've seen so many articles and web sites on the internet that "uncover" these films and act like the racist imagery in them is news to everyone. I'm not so sure they are trying to fight racism as much as they just enjoy the fact that there is this "darker" history to the outwardly family-friendly Disney company.

We can learn from it, yes. But...I think we have learned from it. I think we learned from it about 40 years ago. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see too many black face images on TV or movies anymore.

Look at the animation of the crows in Dumbo. It's incredible. Who can do that anymore? Anyone seen Coal Black and the Seven Dwarfs by Bob Clampett? Same thing there. Yes, the outward stereotypical imagery is offensive, but by now we should all be inteligent and mature enough to look beyond that surface and see the art that lies beneath.

DisneyGigi

Der_Fuehrer%27s_Face.jpg

People replying to this post without knowing the story behind the cartoon is the perfect example of people automatically assuming the worst in something when it isn't always there to start with. (I got the smileys, btw :wave:)

Times were different than they are now and I see nothing out of the way other than voices are voiced in the manner that was common then.

This is one of the reasons we can't own Song of the South today.

LoriMistress

I'm not sure why people are attacking the subject matter. It's a well known fact that Disney (as well as many other companies like Warner Brothers), has created countless racist/offensive cartoons. But during that time period, most of those people--including Walt himself, wouldn't consider themselves as a racist/bigot. You may not like the fact that Disney (as well as every other company out there), consistently throws subtle suggestions--but most of the time people don't notice them.

Mecha Figment

you people do realize that this article is suppose to be sarcastic. it's done by a comedic magazine very similar to Mad magazine.

at least i hope very much it's sarcastic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom