The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

sponono88

Another WoC spoiler alert,

-
-
-

It looks like rather than just animating Mickey's face, the whole thing will be used a full projection screen throughout the show! From last night:

FullSizeRender%203.jpg

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Disney has confirmed no one will be laid off from the Disneyland Band. I agree with the author's take as well. It needs a new energy.

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201504/4497/
The author makes great points. Love that Disney is not laying anyone off. If the current musians either choose not to audition for the new matching band or don't make the new band they will be offered positions in othe park music groups. Sounds like Disney is modernizing the marching band. Will we be seeing formations down MS?

TP2000

Disney has confirmed no one will be laid off from the Disneyland Band. I agree with the author's take as well. It needs a new energy.

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201504/4497/

I agree too. The Disneyland Band members seem almost listless, or at least very bored, as they shuffle through their latest decade of playing the same songs and doing the same sets in the same places.

The group needs new blood, new life, and a new vision.

jrhwdw

You didn't record it?! You had one job!
Nothing like that crossed my mind at the time. I've been checking the mattercam though out the morning every day since the WOC's referb was nearing its end, knowing DLR will have to work on the 60th when the parks are closed.

I was doing something else online this morning, then I went back to the mattercam and there it was! In high-insight, I should have did a print screen or something, but it happened so fast! I couldn't believe what I was seeing! I didn't think they added lights to the roofs, just things that reflect the sun/spotlights to make it shine like diamonds. I figured they would light up the big diamonds, but this was a complete surprise!

EPCOT Explorer on twitter said that all the diamonds will have lights and change colors through the night. Don't know if he got that from my post or if he has other info.

I'll try to get something tomorrow morning if they test them again, They stopped as soon as I made my post this morning(Of Course!) so, you need to catch it early!

7 Weeks!!!!

GiveMeTheMusic

Heard that PTN soft openings seem unlikely at this point based on their current schedule. Hopefully that turns out to be untrue.

Also, heard no AP previews for 60th shows. Also hopefully not true.

jrhwdw

Heard that PTN soft openings seem unlikely at this point based on their current schedule. Hopefully that turns out to be untrue.

Also, heard no AP previews for 60th shows. Also hopefully not true.
Is PTN behind schedule? WOC-C! been testing every night via the mattercam but its' hard to tell on there if they're running the full show.

If nothing happens before the 22nd, DLR may have it's busiest 24 Hr event yet! And correct me if I'm wrong but DL has only one shot at DL Forever that night because of neighborhoods surrounding it?

Travel Junkie

That would be really too bad if there are no soft openings or AP previews. It seems strange that at least PTN and WOC wouldn't be ready by mid May.

Checking the online calendar Soarin is off the refurb calendar May 15th. Pan and the Matterhorn are still on as of May 15th.

GiveMeTheMusic

Is PTN behind schedule? WOC-C! been testing every night via the mattercam but its' hard to tell on there if they're running the full show.

If nothing happens before the 22nd, DLR may have it's busiest 24 Hr event yet! And correct me if I'm wrong but DL has only one shot at DL Forever that night because of neighborhoods surrounding it?

I don't know if PTN is behind schedule, but I was told it's going to be right on the nose as opposed to being show ready two weeks early or something like that.

jrhwdw

Well, I was able to get a few print screen shots this morning. When I first looked at the mattercam, the were color changing, Then when i was ready to try some print screens, they were just twinkling. They look done now.

Here are the shots. "Hopefully this works!"

Attachments

• DL 60th Castle April 4, 2015 519AM CDT.jpg
    DL 60th Castle April 4, 2015 519AM CDT.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 92
  • DL 60th Castle April 4, 2015 526AM CDT.jpg
    DL 60th Castle April 4, 2015 526AM CDT.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Figments Friend

I like the new CM nametags quite a bit, although the complete glitter overlay may make reading people's names a bit of a challenge in the bright Southern California sunlight.

Excited to see the comments about the 'sparkling diamond lights' on the Castle.
What have i been saying for the last few months...??
Total no-brainer...it had to be done !
;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom