The 10/27/2009 Diningpocalypse

sweetpee_1993

Still getting busy signal.

Unbelievable.

I just got home to start trying again. Took DS2 to the doctor (he officially has strep throat), filled a prescription, had lunch with the hubby, and all circuits are still busy w/online system still not working. Disney completely screwed the pooch on this one. I hope someone gets raked over the coals some kinda good for their complete lack of foresight with this.

mousefan1972

Wow. Just had the best CM ever!! Total time on call: 20 minutes, 33 seconds. (including hold time) Got everything we wanted, at the exact time we wanted, for our April 16-24 trip. Some of the harder to get ressies were: Fantasmic package at Mama Melrose, Le Cellier dinner, 'Ohana dinner, Chef Mickey's dinner. When I tried the online system prior to calling, it was still saying unavailable, but the CM on the phone had no issues at all with her computer.

Good luck to those still trying to get through!

sweetpee_1993

Wow. Just had the best CM ever!! Total time on call: 20 minutes, 33 seconds. (including hold time) Got everything we wanted, at the exact time we wanted, for our April 16-24 trip. Some of the harder to get ressies were: Fantasmic package at Mama Melrose, Le Cellier dinner, 'Ohana dinner, Chef Mickey's dinner. When I tried the online system prior to calling, it was still saying unavailable, but the CM on the phone had no issues at all with her computer.

Good luck to those still trying to get through!

So is there a trick to getting thru? Should I be standing on my left foot holding the phone in my right hand with left arm held straight up in the air??? :lol: This is insane.

Congrats on getting all your ADRs!

sweetpee_1993

And the single ring followed by the man's voice saying "I'm sorry but all circuits are busy..." is just wrong. You hear a ring, get excited, then crash back down to earth. The ring is such a tease!:brick:

mousefan1972

So is there a trick to getting thru? Should I be standing on my left foot holding the phone in my right hand with left arm held straight up in the air??? :lol: This is insane.

Congrats on getting all your ADRs!

I hit redial about half a dozen times; initially kept getting either a busy signal or the "all circuits are busy" recording, then on the 7th or 8th try got through.... this is not usually my luck. :lol: I'm the person who would wait on hold for an hour, get all the ressies in the cart, then the system would crash and I'd lose them all. :lol: So this is a new experience for me. Keep trying! Good luck!

Robin_Hood

Wow, I thought my day was tough, until I got done reading through this thread. I got up at 2:30 AM PDT, and attempted to go online at 3:00 (6:00 AM EST). After 20 minutes of trying to retrieve our reservations for late March-early April, the site promptly timed out on me. At 4:00 AM at starting dialing. On my first try I got right through, and was waiting on hold. Then, after about a minute, I heard, "We are experiencing technical difficulties," and then it hung up on me. Finally, after incessant dialing for over two hours, I got through around 6:15 PDT. I was able to book 16 of my 17 ADRs, but was told CRT was not yet available (It's still not available for dates after 02/04/09). After a few calls back, I was told to check back tomorrow for CRT. I took today off from work, anticipating a major traffic jam on the phone/internet (what an understatement!). Hopefully, CRT will open soon, and I will have everything I had planned/hoped for. Best of luck to each of you.

sweetpee_1993

I hit redial about half a dozen times; initially kept getting either a busy signal or the "all circuits are busy" recording, then on the 7th or 8th try got through.... this is not usually my luck. :lol: I'm the person who would wait on hold for an hour, get all the ressies in the cart, then the system would crash and I'd lose them all. :lol: So this is a new experience for me. Keep trying! Good luck!

Yep. I'm doing that. I got 1 1/2 rings before the guy told me the circuits were busy a few minutes ago. It's a good thing they haven't made phones we can reach thru yet. :lol:

lpet11984

Well I finally got through too! After a lot of patience and way too many busy tones, "All circuits are busy" responses, and a crash or two, we were finally able to get the two dinner reservations we need! A big huzzah to all the CMs on the other line... all the actual people I interacted through this whole thing were wonderful and accomodating! (It was the computers that just couldn't handle it...)

Good luck to all still working on getting their ADRs!

kmdisney

I don't understand how some of us are getting reservations.

I have "magically" gotten through to a live body twice today....both times they were not able to do any ADR's.

I am getting so frustrated :brick::brick: I need one main reservation for my daughter's birthday.

I know the CM's must be frustrated too...but I don't understand the good luck of some (which I am happy for....don't get me wrong) and the bad luck of others...

I am on hold for the third time today!!!!!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I don't understand how some of us are getting reservations.

I have "magically" gotten through to a live body twice today....both times they were not able to do any ADR's.

I am getting so frustrated :brick::brick: I need one main reservation for my daughter's birthday.

I know the CM's must be frustrated too...but I don't understand the good luck of some (which I am happy for....don't get me wrong) and the bad luck of others...

I am on hold for the third time today!!!!!
I suspect it's a matter of timing. If you happen to get through while the computers happen to be working, you get ADRs.

coasterphil

After waiting about 25 minutes, I finally got through to an incredibly nice cast member, who apologized profusely for the delay, stating they weren't expecting this volume. How could you not be expecting this? :veryconfu

They were expecting it, they just didn't care.

wdwwdeagle

I suspect it's a matter of timing. If you happen to get through while the computers happen to be working, you get ADRs.
And now, back to me...

When last I checked in w/wdwmagic I had been told by CM that computers were down, try this afternoon (this after waking at 4:30 am and dialing for 3 hours). I decided to just try again anyway, and somehow got through again right at the top of the hour, held for just 5 min.

CM #2 came on and said she would try to pull up her system. She truly sounded as surprised as I felt when she said it came up. I was able to get my reservations, but her computer seemed to be running slow, as one might expect.

So, I agree w/montymon... it just seems the luck of the draw. keep trying sweetpee, you'll get through eventually.

Also, just FYI -- I wanted to book Artist Point for dinner one night, but it is not loaded into the system yet, just as CRT is not loaded yet. She even put me on hold to make sure, and came back and said she had checked on it and was told it's not loaded yet. Just in case anyone else was trying for that. I'll just try again tomorrow.

Good luck all!

imagine_82

i just got in & booked 7 spots. the cm said there is plenty of availability since the systems were down, so it's a good time to call. prepare to be on hold, though...she said there were 100 calls in the queue. rough day to be a reservations cm. :(

kmdisney

I finally got through to someone who had a working system. Shelly is AWESOME....however, I was only able to book 3 out of my 8 dining selections we had wanted for our trip in March.

The funny thing is, we want Teppan Edo for my daughter's birthday dinner. Was not available any of the week we will be there....but Le Cellier kept popping up every time we tried for Teppan Edo. Le Cellier is never available.

With that being said....I am scared that the bookings are going to be a mess when people go to their reservations.

The CM said as long as I have my ADR, I am good to go!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

dezinerbug51

I started calling at 7am and never got Tinkerbell's magical noise until 12:15 pm. Then I sat on hold for another 31 minutes before I finally got a CM. Being a former CM, I could hear the pain in her voice as she made my Reservation, she was not a very happy person (understandable!). California Grill for Valentines day at 7pm. This was one of three reservatons left for that restaurant by the time I got through. I envy the people who got all of the 6pm - 6:40 pm reservations (I was looking for 6:15 pm so we could see both the sunset and the fireworks). My boyfriend is a CM over in Celebration and he said that when he spoke with DRC this morning there words were, "Our system has literally blown up, we did not anticipate it being this massive." I think they were a little under prepared! I'll be calling everyday to see if there was a 6:15 pm cancellation for Vday that I could pick up!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom