The 10/27/2009 Diningpocalypse

wdwwdeagle

California Grill for Valentines day at 7pm. This was one of three reservatons left for that restaurant by the time I got through. I envy the people who got all of the 6pm - 6:40 pm reservations (I was looking for 6:15 pm so we could see both the sunset and the fireworks). I'll be calling everyday to see if there was a 6:15 pm cancellation for Vday that I could pick up!!

Just show up a little early and have a drink at the bar before dinner. I'm pretty sure they'll take you on up if you have the dinner reserv. and tell them you're just going to have a cocktail before dinner. Then you'll be able to see the sunset, as well as the fireworks.

dezinerbug51

Thanks for the advice!! I had Valentines Day dinner there last year and I remember it being very very crowded around the bar area so I didn't even think of that as an option. But I think that may be what we will do so that we can see the sunset as well. It's an amazing view from up there. Seeing the sunset and then the fireworks with my boyfriend last year truly made for a special evening!!

lpet11984

So how's everyone doing?? Hanging in there? Any more luck now that's it's later in the day? Maybe since the early swarms of people just got frustrated and stopped it's been easier to get in?

sweetpee_1993

I'm in I'm in I'm iiiiinnnn!!! I've never been so dang happy to hear hold music in my entire life! Only took me 14 hours of effort to get here!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Please, oh magical Disney Gods, don't disconnect me!!!

mousefan1972

I'm in I'm in I'm iiiiinnnn!!! I've never been so dang happy to hear hold music in my entire life! Only took me 14 hours of effort to get here!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Good luck! *crosses fingers for you*

I'm feeling reaaaallly lucky that I was successful earlier.

lumpydj

I'll be online in the morning -but if I can't get anywhere at 6am, I have to rely on DH to call at 7am :eek:. I have a seminar I have to go to and I need to leave the house around 7am and I don't get very good cell phone reception in my area - so I can't do it on a cell phone. I emailed instructions and a spreadsheet to DH (very detailed - what time to start calling, phone number, ressie number, what to say through the prompts so he doesn't have to wait for the question, and the order of ADRs to make, etc.). His response to me was "What?". Lord help me!!! :hammer: At least now he'll be able to appreciate what I go through to plan our trips...:rolleyes:

Good luck to everyone tomorrow that needs to call! :wave:

DH CAME THROUGH FOR ME!!! :sohappy: He was able to get all but one - by 10am!

2/7 Lunch - Tutto Italia (wanted Garden Grill - but no biggie)
2/7 Dinner - Teppan Edo
2/8 Dinner - LTT
2/9 Lunch - SciFi
2/9 Dinner - 50's Prime Time
2/10 Dinner - Hoop Dee Doo Review
2/11 Lunch - Rainforest Cafe (AK)
2/11 Dinner - Cape May Clambake
2/12 Bfast - Chef Mickey's

Still waiting for Wishes Dessert Party dates to be released (hope they extend it).

LOVE my DH!!!!

sweetpee_1993

Holy Moses!!! My call took about 45 minutes. Got everything the honeymooners were hoping for. WooHoooooo!!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Thank you, oh magical Disney Gods!

wdwwdeagle

Okay, sweetpee, spill it sister....

took DD to buy pumpkins and got home expecting to see how it went w/dis. dining, and nothing yet from you??? I'm now invested in this reservation adventure you've got going on....

Also, FYI to all -- I called again this afternoon and got Artist Point, so it's in the system now.

EDIT: Okay, I see you posted as I was posting... so glad it all worked out for you!

sweetpee_1993

Okay, sweetpee, spill it sister....

took DD to buy pumpkins and got home expecting to see how it went w/dis. dining, and nothing yet from you??? I'm now invested in this reservation adventure you've got going on....

Also, FYI to all -- I called again this afternoon and got Artist Point, so it's in the system now.

EDIT: Okay, I see you posted as I was posting... so glad it all worked out for you!

Yeppers. Again, I'm glad they haven't yet invented phones a person can climb thru because I woulda given that CM a big ol' sloppy kiss. :kiss:

Got the honeymooners the following:

3/8 - 5:45 pm - Jiko
3/9 - 5:40 pm - Yachstman
3/10 - 8:30 pm - Ohana
3/11 - 5:35 pm - Artist Point
3/12 - 5:30 pm - Hollywood Brown Derby
3/13 - 7:35 pm - California Grill

Nope, none of this was for me. I've already had calls from the bride & groom thanking me. I knew with them working & going to school they'd never stand a chance on a day like this. I didn't expect to spend the entire day fighting it but they're worth it. I didn't want to let them down. :D

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I love the name of this thread! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Here is my story that I posted on a different thread:

So the journey for the 2010 ADR's started this morning at 5:45 am (EST). I tried online just before 6 am and got on! But then after stalling out and then the "our system is down...please call our dining" error that everyone saw - I started on the phone. I started calling at 6:45 am and did not get through until 12:10pm!!! Now I did call almost every minute from 7 to 8. Took a break until 8:30 and then until 9 am. Then off an on until 12:10.

Once i finally got connected...I got the Live Person 25 minutes later. This is when she told me that the system is being "enhanced" (really...that is what we are calling this?? :veryconfu) and that I had to call back. I begged and asked her to just put me in the loop again. She did that and I got picked up again right away. The CM was just about to put me in the loop again and the entire system crashed! He couldn't even connect me back the loop again!!! So I gave up and called off and on until 3:15. Then I got through again...and got a Live Body and after 25 minutes...I made 1/2 my ADR's!!!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: I got the ones I wanted most first and I said that I would call back (which I am about to do now). But I got everything I wanted so far!!! (except Les Chefs and CRT b/c they are have not released though). I got the times and places so far and am so thrilled!! I hope the next round goes well! :sohappy::sohappy:

What a long day! I'm exhausted! But I have the ADR's and am thankful for that!!

Good luck everyone who keeps on calling!!! :wave:

lpet11984

That's just awesome, Sweet Pea! I was rootin' for ya along the way! Glad you were able to get everything for the happy couple squared away.

Good luck to all continuing to call!

mousebymarriage

Holy Moses!!! My call took about 45 minutes. Got everything the honeymooners were hoping for. WooHoooooo!!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Thank you, oh magical Disney Gods!
Sweet Pea I am so happy for you. Lucky they don't make phones where you can reach out and touch someone because the way you sounded I think the "touch" would have been less than magical!:D

maggiegrace1

Online dining is working now and I am able to get anything I want for march...they even have the ones that people are saying are hard to get available..So keep trying!..:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom