Trip Report The “No Trip” Trip Report *COMPLETED*

There are pre-trip reports.

There are trip reports.

I’d like to welcome you to what I believe might be the first “No Trip” trip report.

My name is Tuvalu. Ok, that’s not my real name (it’s not “Shirley” either 😉) but it’s how I’m known here on WDWMagic. For the past six years I have contributed a lot of trip reports in this forum. A lot! Along the way I have met so many wonderful people and made new friends, some of whom I have had the privilege of meeting in person. Honestly the reason why I write is for you, the reader, because I cherish our interactions. (Getting to re-live my trip is just a bonus!)

My husband Woody, my daughter Em and I were supposed to be leaving for our Spring Break trip to WDW tomorrow. Of course we are sad we cannot go (and our doing our part to keep ourselves and others safe) but remain confident we WILL get to go back sometime in the future.

I had been contemplating going “live” for our trip. Woody and Em are not fans of my reporting “live” since my attention is diverted from enjoying vacation with them. However this idea for a “No Trip” trip report came straight from Woody himself!

So for the next week, if you‘d like to Journey into My Imagination and read about what could have been, I’ll be here.

5DA90856-676D-4566-A037-FCC623AE42B9.png

93boomer

Premium Member
Let’s walk all the way back through the park, shall we? From Asia to the mythical land of Pandora.

Is that where the music streaming service was founded? No

Is that where the fancy charm bracelets are made? No

Is that where Disney spent a ton of money on fluorescent paint and black lights? Bingo!

Our first experience in Pandora was at night. We had not seen Avatar and wandered around in a clueless daze. Had no idea what we were looking at. Took us FOREVER to find the FP entrance for Na’vi River Journey. Thankfully the FP queue is extremely short and we were in the load area immediately.

View attachment 461110

We had high expectations for this attraction. It took like what, 6 years to build?

We sailed the Na’vi River with the same dazed and confused expression we had while walking around Pandora. (The Shaman was cool though.) This was Em at the ride exit.

View attachment 461111

I can safely say that today the third time IS NOT the charm. We are still underwhelmed with NRJ. But it was the only Tier One choice available on Day 60.

And before we go to dinner, I need to share something.

I believe (from prior trip reports) I might have given the impression that the infamous Callan may be the most inept Photopass photographer. As I sorted through my pictures, I ran across a beauty taken by a nameless PP here in Pandora.

Hands down this wins the award for the MOST. AWKWARD. PHOTO. EVER.

View attachment 461112

Sorry, Em, for humiliating you for a second time with this public post. But we’re in a pandemic and people need a laugh!
And we did indeed laugh! Sorry Em!!
I share your feelings on NRJ. The wait was not worth for the short boat ride.

93boomer

Premium Member
Dinner not at Earl of Sandwich, @epcotisbest.

Dinner not at Pecos Bill’s, @Songbird76.

Dinner not at Sunshine Seasons, @Mr Ferret 88. (And definitely not at Goofy’s Candy Co.!)

Dinner here. (Where were you when I needed you, @93boomer?)

View attachment 461135

Satu’li Canteen for anyone unfamiliar with the entrance.

Typically we go for the beef bowl with noodles.

View attachment 461130

Tonight we feel like chicken. With multi-grain bread.

View attachment 461133

The blueberry mousse cheesecake is Satu’li’s signature dessert.

View attachment 461132

That‘s a hard pass for us. Fortunately chocolate cream pie is available.

View attachment 461134

We’re stuffed. And tired. Time to return to our room!
Awww sorry! I was outside enjoying the sun!😉
Yes I would have known “our” fav eatery!!!
I will try to keep up now. 😆

wdwfamilynh

7 pages late, bit I’m in 🥰
How did you make an emoji of yourself? And, yes, I thought you actually got into the car and went for a long ride 🤦🏼‍♀️ In my defense, I am exhausted these days. Can’t wait to hear more!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for taking the time to do this. It's nice to have something fun to read.
Thank you for taking the time to follow along!

7 pages late, bit I’m in 🥰
How did you make an emoji of yourself? And, yes, I thought you actually got into the car and went for a long ride 🤦🏼‍♀️ In my defense, I am exhausted these days. Can’t wait to hear more!
The Memoji feature is available on Apple products.
Your confusion is understandable....I’m trying to blur the line between reality and fantasy. 😉

slipperalwaysfits

Our first park is Animal Kingdom?

I thought for SURE you were headed to Hollywood Studios and PizzaRizzo!

And the lion roars!

Stop.

I can’t do this.

I’ve never heard the lion roar. Can’t pretend I do now.

The lion is sleeping. He is always sleeping.

Yes. He is ALWAYS. SLEEPING. So glad somebody who's been as many times as you only sees him sleeping, as well. Maybe once, I've seen him up walking...but only once.

TEN MINUTES FROM AFRICA TO EVEREST!!!!!!!! IMPRESSIVE SPEED WALKERS!:geek::geek::jawdrop:

Hands down this wins the award for the MOST. AWKWARD. PHOTO. EVER.

I think what the PP Photog was trying to do is funny but her staging is a bit awkward. Em's face is priceless, though! :facepalm:

We did! Although we aren’t real fans of mythical fantasy, we appreciated the tenderness and humor in the story.

Thank you for summing up my review of ONWARD perfectly. ;)

Disney Loving Swede

Thank you thank you thank you for this! We were meant to be in Tokyo this week, celebrating my hubby's 40th and are instead watching how we are one of the only countries in the world still mostly open for business... I needed some positivity and normality in my life so a new Tuvulu trip report was prefect! Again thanks!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sunday, con’t

After breakfast we pack up and haul our belongings to the car. We could have stowed our stuff with Bell Services, but we left supplies for the rest of the week (case of water, umbrellas, additional footwear, etc.) in the car. We’d rather move everything at once when our studio villa is ready.

Of course the villa isn’t ready yet and check in isn’t until 4 pm. But we can find ways to occupy ourselves until then....we’re in Disney World for goodness sake!

There is no doubt where we are going on our first full day.

20D44DCE-7E72-4271-89F2-86825474A435.png

Hooray for sunshine! After our last two trips, Em and I are used to starting our day at MK in the rain.

Stare at this photo for a few seconds. Can’t you just imagine yourself here?
DC2518A8-748B-40EB-9BBA-34546C640D61.png

We arrive in time to catch the Welcome Show on the Castle stage. It’s not in the same league as the former show in front of the train station, but at least it’s something and builds anticipation for little kids.

(All right, big kids too!)

55A2D316-ED34-403A-AD7F-730AF6E01B51.png

And any show that includes fireworks can’t be too bad!

4A208189-6285-43A2-82CE-1260806F71B6.png

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Do we Arty Pooh?

Yes indeed, we do, we do!

36833E57-AEE6-4403-9C3A-2009EAA574BE.png

Now it’s time for Fastpass 1.

Flying to Neverland sure is fun!

1120A1B1-E381-408E-BF59-28850B8C4514.png

Standby line is not too long.

Good thing we don’t mind the song!

19DEEB8F-9384-4951-97D4-844B555F849B.jpeg

Need a pit stop in Corona.

No virus here. TP lotsa!

B19EC5D4-F7D2-44FE-8DE5-3908D9C7BF3A.jpeg

(The janitor is modeling proper social distancing.)

Across the park for Fastpass 2.

Jungle animals we will view.

42E1350F-DDFA-4698-98DD-D653A6720B55.png

Trader Sam greets us too!

3DAFB575-8FD3-4112-83A9-61A32D5CD697.png

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
@tonystark Fastpass 3 is for you!

B46EF0D3-20F9-4A68-BE6F-FB1ADB653DBC.png

(P.S. ~ Are you still in Scotland or are you home?)

Lunch was my pick. Not BOG.

ADFAB315-54A0-4330-B5F4-5EA19809AC53.gif

I wasn’t excited about eating here in February, but I have a hankering for chicken tenders and fries.

7961D49B-D976-4D33-B3D9-FBD7948B1C92.jpeg

We find a table on the second floor next to a window.

People-watching as we dine!

Best chicken tenders EVER.

C0D01ADD-1658-4A08-82E0-CC2D649A059E.jpeg

Woody and Em like to dip their tenders in Canyon sauce. (This will mean absolutely nothing to 99% of you reading.) I prefer my tenders plain, so I give my sauce to Woody.

2 for 2 on yummy meals today!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I thought for SURE you were headed to Hollywood Studios and PizzaRizzo!
It’s still early in the week. 😉

Thank you thank you thank you for this! We were meant to be in Tokyo this week, celebrating my hubby's 40th and are instead watching how we are one of the only countries in the world still mostly open for business... I needed some positivity and normality in my life so a new Tuvulu trip report was prefect! Again thanks!
How disappointing for your family. I’m sure it would have been a fantastic destination for his 40th birthday celebration. But once you turn 40, you’re allowed to start subtracting years so hopefully you can celebrate anew in 2021!

I’m still in Scotland! I was wavering on making a decision for the longest time, and before I knew it all my pals had gone home and it would take me 5 flights to get home at this point so... it’s been a very quiet time.
Quiet can be good! You have many years of “busy life” ahead. Enjoy it while you can.

93boomer

Premium Member
Do we Arty Pooh?

Yes indeed, we do, we do!

View attachment 461247

Now it’s time for Fastpass 1.

Flying to Neverland sure is fun!

View attachment 461246

Standby line is not too long.

Good thing we don’t mind the song!

View attachment 461248

Need a pit stop in Corona.

No virus here. TP lotsa!

View attachment 461249
(The janitor is modeling proper social distancing.)

Across the park for Fastpass 2.

Jungle animals we will view.

View attachment 461243

Trader Sam greets us too!

View attachment 461244
DH says to tell you that he enjoys when I read out loud your TRs to him. But, these are his favorite and are just plain hilarious!🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom