Trip Report The “No Trip” Trip Report *COMPLETED*

There are pre-trip reports.

There are trip reports.

I’d like to welcome you to what I believe might be the first “No Trip” trip report.

My name is Tuvalu. Ok, that’s not my real name (it’s not “Shirley” either 😉) but it’s how I’m known here on WDWMagic. For the past six years I have contributed a lot of trip reports in this forum. A lot! Along the way I have met so many wonderful people and made new friends, some of whom I have had the privilege of meeting in person. Honestly the reason why I write is for you, the reader, because I cherish our interactions. (Getting to re-live my trip is just a bonus!)

My husband Woody, my daughter Em and I were supposed to be leaving for our Spring Break trip to WDW tomorrow. Of course we are sad we cannot go (and our doing our part to keep ourselves and others safe) but remain confident we WILL get to go back sometime in the future.

I had been contemplating going “live” for our trip. Woody and Em are not fans of my reporting “live” since my attention is diverted from enjoying vacation with them. However this idea for a “No Trip” trip report came straight from Woody himself!

So for the next week, if you‘d like to Journey into My Imagination and read about what could have been, I’ll be here.

5DA90856-676D-4566-A037-FCC623AE42B9.png

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
4443049C-E37B-4136-BE47-B3FDF7C71087.png

Our first park is Animal Kingdom?

Indeed, a surprising choice for a family who’s just not into it. But there are a few things here we enjoy doing. And it’s not 1,000% humidity in April. A few FPs and a meal in a park that closes at 8 pm is an ideal way to spend a few hours on travel day.

We walk through the Oasis (honestly, does anyone stop here and look around?) and onto Discovery Island. There are a few Photopass CMs waiting to take family shots with the Tree of Life in the background, but we are running late for our FP and we don’t stop.

The FP line for Kilimanjaro Safari is a cluster as usual. Woody sighs. We wait 20 minutes to board our jeep. Moods improve when our trek begins.

E953EF8C-3671-4939-8B35-B3591988789A.png

Lots of animal sightings. I am in the moment and not focused on picture taking. Neither is Em ~ she didn’t even bring her camera. But because it is obligatory in this forum to post photos of animals seen on KS, here is a white rhino.

375747CA-BEAE-4D30-BDDF-A319F5E1676D.png

A child might say, “That rhino is not WHITE!” And said child would be correct. Then it would be up to the parent to explain WHY the animal is called a white rhino ~ assuming the parent heard the explanation from the safari driver. If not, a simple “He’s dirty from the mud!” will suffice. Don’t ask me how I know this.

There are giraffes galore. Cheetahs are resting near the fence.

And the lion roars!

Stop.

I can’t do this.

I’ve never heard the lion roar. Can’t pretend I do now.

The lion is sleeping. He is always sleeping.

Our ride has ended. Kwaherini, Kilimanjaro Safari. We have another FP to make.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Let’s walk all the way back through the park, shall we? From Asia to the mythical land of Pandora.

Is that where the music streaming service was founded? No

Is that where the fancy charm bracelets are made? No

Is that where Disney spent a ton of money on fluorescent paint and black lights? Bingo!

Our first experience in Pandora was at night. We had not seen Avatar and wandered around in a clueless daze. Had no idea what we were looking at. Took us FOREVER to find the FP entrance for Na’vi River Journey. Thankfully the FP queue is extremely short and we were in the load area immediately.

8C9119FD-F5B8-4504-A65C-F0271A51F5DC.png

We had high expectations for this attraction. It took like what, 6 years to build?

We sailed the Na’vi River with the same dazed and confused expression we had while walking around Pandora. (The Shaman was cool though.) This was Em at the ride exit.

A192A2B4-B9A9-4C9D-ADFA-63A9D7BC3413.png

I can safely say that today the third time IS NOT the charm. We are still underwhelmed with NRJ. But it was the only Tier One choice available on Day 60.

And before we go to dinner, I need to share something.

I believe (from prior trip reports) I might have given the impression that the infamous Callan may be the most inept Photopass photographer. As I sorted through my pictures, I ran across a beauty taken by a nameless PP here in Pandora.

Hands down this wins the award for the MOST. AWKWARD. PHOTO. EVER.

C820F0FC-CAEF-4488-A2B0-F5FBBFD8A12D.png

Sorry, Em, for humiliating you for a second time with this public post. But we’re in a pandemic and people need a laugh!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Dinner not at Earl of Sandwich, @epcotisbest.

Dinner not at Pecos Bill’s, @Songbird76.

Dinner not at Sunshine Seasons, @Mr Ferret 88. (And definitely not at Goofy’s Candy Co.!)

Dinner here. (Where were you when I needed you, @93boomer?)

BCC4519E-7650-4436-ADD8-EBF5AFB4FDC0.jpeg

Satu’li Canteen for anyone unfamiliar with the entrance.

Typically we go for the beef bowl with noodles.

44F20198-E0BB-41E7-BAEA-67D856183301.png

Tonight we feel like chicken. With multi-grain bread.

1BD7B3D8-A4BF-4BA3-B7DE-437D60B1C6DF.jpeg

The blueberry mousse cheesecake is Satu’li’s signature dessert.

4E08DCB4-90C3-421B-90D4-D5D0B44E31A9.jpeg

That‘s a hard pass for us. Fortunately chocolate cream pie is available.

F285D611-5814-4178-B0DB-EF330C106445.jpeg

We’re stuffed. And tired. Time to return to our room!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
This brings back good memories! 😊
It sure does! 🥰

@Tuvalu this is wonderful! I haven't really had time to read any reports for a few weeks and seeing this today made me smile. And how awesome that your room was ready right when you arrived! ;)
Awww, I’m touched I made you smile. (And if you are looking for additional reading, I just finished my February TR.)

Joining in, what a great idea to do A virtual trip, we had a 3/23-3/30 trip I had to cancel. We had been in January for 10 nights and so glad we had that one.
We are rebooked for August , hope that one works out!:)
I am sorry you missed your March trip. And for selfish reasons, I too hope your August trip works out!

Plowboy

I'm late, I'm late, I'm very very late.

Don't want to steal Tu's thunder but i'd had a thought in the far recesses of my mind about doing a "mythical" trip report as we've had to cancel the real trip. It was scheduled to begin in about 2 weeks. I'm enjoying yours (as I always do) for now. I have to give more thought to whether I want to go forward with mine.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm late, I'm late, I'm very very late.

Don't want to steal Tu's thunder but i'd had a thought in the far recesses of my mind about doing a "mythical" trip report as we've had to cancel the real trip. It was scheduled to begin in about 2 weeks. I'm enjoying yours (as I always do) for now. I have to give more thought to whether I want to go forward with mine.
The more the merrier! :happy:

Not trying to hijack your no trip-trip report, but I thought everyone should know that I would be at Cali Grill Brunch right now enjoying probably my 5th mimosa if not for this cursed virus! 😢
Also, for some reason I thought the photographer's name was Callum, not Callan!
Just think how much more you’ll appreciate and enjoy your next Cali Grill brunch after having missed it today.
I know I’ll be having those thoughts later this week when we were supposed to be having dinner at CG. As the current saying goes, “We’re all in this together.” ❤

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sunday, April 5

As usual I am the first to awake this morning. I am quiet so as not to disturb Woody and Em. When the hunger pangs eventually strike, I make my way in search of breakfast for the family.

Not much activity in the lobby today.

8ABBCB30-B16C-452B-B024-F24F8C5F530C.png

Imagine my surprise when I find that Roaring Fork is not offering Mickey waffles.

However chocolate chip pancakes on a Minnie plate is a pretty good substitute.

0D91F13E-E3AF-4998-95B1-93D28EA6083D.jpeg

There are plain pancakes too. Woody eats them with real maple syrup. Em is chocolate chip gal like her mama.

They have their caffeine fix as well. I partake of my favorite juice which I brought from home.

1CBF09EE-2A5D-4B4D-98E1-7D0C0B3B4C93.jpeg

While not exactly my fave POG juice, it is a tasty tropical beverage. One that goes well with chocolate chip pancakes, IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom