Trip Report The “No Trip” Trip Report *COMPLETED*

There are pre-trip reports.

There are trip reports.

I’d like to welcome you to what I believe might be the first “No Trip” trip report.

My name is Tuvalu. Ok, that’s not my real name (it’s not “Shirley” either 😉) but it’s how I’m known here on WDWMagic. For the past six years I have contributed a lot of trip reports in this forum. A lot! Along the way I have met so many wonderful people and made new friends, some of whom I have had the privilege of meeting in person. Honestly the reason why I write is for you, the reader, because I cherish our interactions. (Getting to re-live my trip is just a bonus!)

My husband Woody, my daughter Em and I were supposed to be leaving for our Spring Break trip to WDW tomorrow. Of course we are sad we cannot go (and our doing our part to keep ourselves and others safe) but remain confident we WILL get to go back sometime in the future.

I had been contemplating going “live” for our trip. Woody and Em are not fans of my reporting “live” since my attention is diverted from enjoying vacation with them. However this idea for a “No Trip” trip report came straight from Woody himself!

So for the next week, if you‘d like to Journey into My Imagination and read about what could have been, I’ll be here.

5DA90856-676D-4566-A037-FCC623AE42B9.png

MickeyCB

Took 2 hours and 20 minutes this am, but got all 6 days for October (21-26).
But, it's a weird feeling, sort of a shoulder shrug thing because you don't know if it is really going to happen, and being locked into a single park each day is a very odd feeling as we usually hop quite a bit.
Also, I will say the system is a hot mess, for kicks after I got my October days, I tried a random day in late July (with no resort reservation) and was able to get a spot for 3 of us whose AP's have not be initiated, but my son's pass that is good through December with the extension, said "he has reached his park pass limit".
I dunno.🤷‍♀️

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Update ~

After multiple calling attempts, three hours on the phone yielded our (hopeful) home in a couple weeks....

DE97D67B-5FCD-450E-B777-572E5E434FFA.jpeg

F344B679-920F-4100-ABA7-5FFA375A2F70.jpeg

....a one bedroom Boulder Ridge villa. Em and I get to stay on Wilderness Lodge property just as we wished!

Making dining reservations was no picnic either. I saw this screen numerous times during my 90 minute ordeal!

DE15AD5A-1CA0-4C69-8901-77AF5AF6ABE1.jpeg

I thought Disney trip planning pre-pandemic was a lot of work. But it pales in comparison to what I....and countless others....have suffered through the past 10 days. Nobody should have this much frustration planning a vacation!!!!!

And it won’t be until Em and I set foot in our villa that we’ll believe we are actually at WDW. There’s still so much uncertainty.

Until then, we’ll hang out in LIMBOLAND a little while longer.

RememberWhen

Update ~

After multiple calling attempts, three hours on the phone yielded our (hopeful) home in a couple weeks....

View attachment 480950

View attachment 480942

....a one bedroom Boulder Ridge villa. Em and I get to stay on Wilderness Lodge property just as we wished!

Making dining reservations was no picnic either. I saw this screen numerous times during my 90 minute ordeal!

View attachment 480948

I thought Disney trip planning pre-pandemic was a lot of work. But it pales in comparison to what I....and countless others....have suffered through the past 10 days. Nobody should have this much frustration planning a vacation!!!!!

And it won’t be until Em and I set foot in our villa that we’ll believe we are actually at WDW. There’s still so much uncertainty.

Yay!! This brings me so much joy. Yesterday was so sad. I kept looking at my calendar and thinking “oh. We had a FP to meet Tinkerbell (DD3s favorite) right now” or “dinner is ok, but I sure wish we were at Crystal Palace right now.”
Fingers crossed that you and Em are able to go and stay safe and have a wonderful trip!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Were you able to get what you want for dining?
Yes. But only for the restaurants that are opening. We’re bummed we can’t eat everywhere that we had ADRs for.

Yay!! This brings me so much joy. Yesterday was so sad. I kept looking at my calendar and thinking “oh. We had a FP to meet Tinkerbell (DD3s favorite) right now” or “dinner is ok, but I sure wish we were at Crystal Palace right now.”
Fingers crossed that you and Em are able to go and stay safe and have a wonderful trip!
Thank you, @RememberWhen. ❤

As a fellow lover of the turkey sandwich for lunch, I’m sure you share the sentiment that 2020 has now gone too far 😩

View attachment 478598
Indeed!

63576322-4311-4D9F-915C-AA2227F0CC8A.gif

Hoping this is a temporary change (though I fear it isn’t.)

Songbird76

Yes. But only for the restaurants that are opening. We’re bummed we can’t eat everywhere that we had ADRs for.

Thank you, @RememberWhen. ❤

Indeed!

View attachment 480983

Hoping this is a temporary change (though I fear it isn’t.)
Will you share with the class what ADRs you were able to make? I hope you get to go as planned...I'm a bit worried about the spike in cases in Florida. I keep wondering if they will open as planned, but for your sake, I hope there's no problem and that you have an amazing trip!

My daughter keeps saying she wants Boma breakfast and Polite Pig lunch, and Ohana dinner, etc....all the things she misses. She just wishes we could go right now, even if the parks aren't open.

93boomer

Premium Member
Update ~

View attachment 480950

View attachment 480942

View attachment 480948

It has definitely been an experience making plans this year. Hopefully, it will turn out ok. Keeping fingers and toes crossed! 😉

Laurenciaa

50 minutes and counting.... hopefully not as long as what you guys underwent for a reservation at WDW...
And this is only to snatch a "guaranteed" park entrance :(

EDIT: it could also be that they opened it but no real activity yet... extremely frustrating
1593695471207.png

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
50 minutes and counting.... hopefully not as long as what you guys underwent for a reservation at WDW...

EDIT: it could also be that they opened it but no real activity yet... extremely frustrating
View attachment 480998

So sorry you had to wait so long - I opened it on my iPad while I was working and I think I waited about 20 mins. Were you able to reserve the date(s) you wanted?

Laurenciaa

So sorry you had to wait so long - I opened it on my iPad while I was working and I think I waited about 20 mins. Were you able to reserve the date(s) you wanted?

I abandoned the initial screen after an hour and magically I got a personal email from the Passholder mailbox that I could have access to the parks on July 13 and/or 14! I registered for the 13th! Super excited :) oh and also reserved a spot in August and September... just to get back into it :p

Good thing you also got a reservation @Swissmiss!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I abandoned the initial screen after an hour and magically I got a personal email from the Passholder mailbox that I could have access to the parks on July 13 and/or 14! I registered for the 13th! Super excited :) oh and also reserved a spot in August and September... just to get back into it :p

Good thing you also got a reservation @Swissmiss!

Getting the parks reservations yesterday was “easy” compared to today trying to make a hotel reservation - yesterday when I tried it would ring a couple of times and then go dead. Attempt number 1 today: 20 mins and I accidentally disconnected it was another call came thru. Attempt number 2: 1 hour 16 mins and I had to disconnect because I had a Skype meeting, 3rd time: success! (After maybe a half hour or so). And now as I type this, I realize I’m kind of an idiot because we’re going to drive, so there is no reason to stay on property.:banghead: All the more so because I get free preferred parking with my AP :banghead::banghead: (At least now I can look around for another hotel if I want and can cancel my reservation on property one week before and still get a full refund).

Minnesota disney fan

Late joiner on page 11! I plan to get through all 23 pages today! Love, love this idea. Thank you so much, Tuvalu, for giving us this little piece of paradise, or Disney:)

I just read page 23, and wanted to add that I feel for those of you who have to jump through these hoops just to get park entrance and adr's!
It is a hot mess right now! I know I don't want to go back until it is all back to normal. I know I can't tolerate masks in that heat (heck, I can't tolerate it without them:) Also the lack of shows, fireworks, parades and certain attractions doesn't feel right to me. We also do alot of park hopping, which is not going to happen now. I hope it all works out for you at Boulder Creek, which looks like a beautiful property.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

View attachment 480998
Getting the parks reservations yesterday was “easy” compared to today trying to make a hotel reservation - yesterday when I tried it would ring a couple of times and then go dead. Attempt number 1 today: 20 mins and I accidentally disconnected it was another call came thru. Attempt number 2: 1 hour 16 mins and I had to disconnect because I had a Skype meeting, 3rd time: success! (After maybe a half hour or so). And now as I type this, I realize I’m kind of an idiot because we’re going to drive, so there is no reason to stay on property.:banghead: All the more so because I get free preferred parking with my AP :banghead::banghead: (At least now I can look around for another hotel if I want and can cancel my reservation on property one week before and still get a full refund).
Wow ~ it seems Disney's "International" IT is just as inept as its US counterpart!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Will you share with the class what ADRs you were able to make? I hope you get to go as planned...I'm a bit worried about the spike in cases in Florida. I keep wondering if they will open as planned, but for your sake, I hope there's no problem and that you have an amazing trip!

My daughter keeps saying she wants Boma breakfast and Polite Pig lunch, and Ohana dinner, etc....all the things she misses. She just wishes we could go right now, even if the parks aren't open.
Em and I hope we get to go as planned also. 🤞It looks like the parks reopening is going to happen but if it gets delayed we will be content with a resort-only trip.

It has definitely been an experience making plans this year. Hopefully, it will turn out ok. Keeping fingers and toes crossed! 😉
"Experience" is an understatement, that's for sure!

Late joiner on page 11! I plan to get through all 23 pages today! Love, love this idea. Thank you so much, Tuvalu, for giving us this little piece of paradise, or Disney:)

I just read page 23, and wanted to add that I feel for those of you who have to jump through these hoops just to get park entrance and adr's!
It is a hot mess right now! I know I don't want to go back until it is all back to normal. I know I can't tolerate masks in that heat (heck, I can't tolerate it without them:) Also the lack of shows, fireworks, parades and certain attractions doesn't feel right to me. We also do alot of park hopping, which is not going to happen now. I hope it all works out for you at Boulder Creek, which looks like a beautiful property.
Thanks @Minnesota disney fan for powering through this "No Trip" report! :bookworm:
I can't blame you for waiting for the "World" to be back to normal. Let's all hope it's sooner rather than later!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Wow ~ it seems Disney's "International" IT is just as inept as its US counterpart!

In some ways it’s not fair to say yes, because it’s essentially non-existent. As an AP, I have no choice but to call, as you cannot make a room only booking via the website, much less a booking with an AP discount. And to make matters more annoying, my type of AP comes with a “concierge” phone number that I am supposed to use; my experience has been that my waits are lower if I use the “regular” phone number. The worst part however is that the loop music is a terrible 45 second to 1 minute song written for DLP.

The CMs answering calls right now are still WFH, so I imagine that might add to some of the wait time. While my own experience as WFH as been quite positive in terms of speed and connectivity, my colleagues experiences have varied over the past 4 months.

Songbird76

In some ways it’s not fair to say yes, because it’s essentially non-existent. As an AP, I have no choice but to call, as you cannot make a room only booking via the website, much less a booking with an AP discount. And to make matters more annoying, my type of AP comes with a “concierge” phone number that I am supposed to use; my experience has been that my waits are lower if I use the “regular” phone number. The worst part however is that the loop music is a terrible 45 second to 1 minute song written for DLP.

The CMs answering calls right now are still WFH, so I imagine that might add to some of the wait time. While my own experience as WFH as been quite positive in terms of speed and connectivity, my colleagues experiences have varied over the past 4 months.
I found the planning for our DLP trip a couple of years ago to be an exercise in futility compared to planning for Disneyworld. You can't do ANYTHING online. They have an app, but the only thing it does is show a map and wait times. You can't actually use it to make dining reservations, make fastpasses, or anything. It's JUST the map. When I called to ask how I could make ADRs, they told me it couldn't be done via the app...I don't even know why they recommend installing the app beforehand. It's worthless. I'd say their IT leaves something to be desired.

lindawdw

I'm so glad to see that you got a reservation for BRV at your beloved Wilderness Lodge and that you'll get the chance to enjoy the pool there which I know you enjoy so much. It will be so nice to be back on property again for sure. I thought the live streams of MK for the CM preview days went really well so hopefully things will go smoothly for you. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom