Trip Report The “Jasmine kissed me” Suprise Christmas Trip!

A33632BE-0F32-42B9-AD78-FADFA6A29EF5.jpeg
Who: Me, Hubs, Jet (7), Bear(4), Nene(4), Handsome (2), Grandma & Grandpa

What: Suprise Whirlwind Christmas trip

Where: AOA & Contemporary

When: Dec 15-19th

Why: I started planning this trip 382 days ago. We were in the middle of an addition on our 100 year old farmhouse. My family of 6 had been transplanted into a 2 bedroom rental house with 1 bathroom. After weeks of dragging our 4 rowdy kids to granite stores, paint stores and window companies I felt like a failure as a parent. Our lives and theirs had been consumed by this beast and money pit we call our home. The 6 month project had turned into a year and was 35% over budget. I needed to make up for this nightmare of a year to my beloved babes. I decided that night that we were going to take them to Disney at the wrap of our construction. Thus planning began.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
It was our turn to meet the sisters. Elsa was first. She loved the girls shirts and told them all about making her own dress. Handsome showed her his ice making skills which led to some friendly banter between the sisters.
C0B120A9-1CE6-47C6-97FD-B085A8F6ACCA.jpeg
92F93EBF-861F-4ED7-B8A6-AAEC6F6A72BF.jpeg

Then it was Anna’s turn. The kids were really interested in the set. Anna told them how beautiful Arendelle could be throughout the seasons. She spent so much time with them and was really the perfect Anna.
36B55431-FB0F-4766-BD9D-51E50E446730.jpeg
C8079C6A-196E-44CA-94AB-465551D72AD1.jpeg
34EF2619-0AD5-44A8-BCC3-BF093B80499C.jpeg

Attachments

• 5A782602-C6F3-4B23-9FF0-B1673645E722.jpeg
    5A782602-C6F3-4B23-9FF0-B1673645E722.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 3937CF53-9060-4E89-AF43-5DF648399B00.jpeg
    3937CF53-9060-4E89-AF43-5DF648399B00.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 109

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
It was time for our last fastpass. I had been waiting for the kids to get to ride FEA for two years. With three girls Let it Go had brainwashed us all and I was excited for all of us to get to finally ride!!! I almost wanted to ride standby just to take in all the details but time wasn’t on our side. The line moved quick and before we knew it we were in Arendale.
42A6322F-3EDB-4768-8753-164F32093887.jpeg

We loved all the characters they were all so well done. The building excitement. The sudden reversal and the drop. We just loved it!
7FEB725D-C925-48B5-BB37-2C42A7E18386.jpeg

Until... Jet in her excitement when we were almost done stood up to turn around to talk to her daddy about the ride. The ride operator saw her stand and slammed on the brakes. Nene who is the most petite of our children, went flying forward and bashed her face into the boat. She had blood pouring from her mouth. I had been video taping the ride for the kids so of course my momentary freak out was caught on film, yikes. She was histerical the ride operator kept apologizing (obviously not her fault),big sister was crying from guilt. We finally get everyone calmed down enough to assess the damage. Luckily she just bit the inside of her mouth. We had a very serious talk with the kids about following the rules of rides and how serious the consequences can be. We were lucky she just bit her mouth it could have been worse. In the end we all still loved the ride. We just had a few bumps and bruised egos to show for it.

slipperalwaysfits

WOW! So glad Nene was okay!!! Good to have "the talk! about ride rules!"
You guys were brave soldiers to do an ADR and a park on arrival day! Sorry about the characters at Park Fare not being very interactive but I'm so happy for you that Anna, Elsa and Snow White helped make the meet and greet's magical!

Bummer you had to miss the Safari but I'm so glad they enjoyed ROL!

Your hubby is sweet to buy you all champagne while you wait (among other things)! Can't wait to read about the rest of the trip and find out about Tink and the lost tooth!

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
So at this point it is 7:30pm and none of us had a break all day. Our dinner ADR is at 8:15. When I booked this ADR I thought we would go back to the room for naps after our fastpass with friends. Well the glorious room ready text had never come. We are all dragging. We decide to ride the Grand Fiesta Tour. The wait time is only 10 minutes.
5FAAE0C3-F0BC-4772-B1DF-5446B1A412A1.jpeg

I just love Donald! After we finish up we decide to check in early. Dinner is at Hacienda de San Angel. Goal was to eat and then have a view for the fireworks. They said they could seat us now but no waterside view. If we waited 30 minutes they would guarantee us a view. We decided to wait. I knew if there was any chance my kiddos were staying awake I needed to take a page from @21stamps. I needed sugar stat!! We decided to take a stroll to Karamell Kuche. Jet was enjoying the shops along the way.
8294BF03-D825-45C6-A893-D7C32AFC210A.jpeg

We get there and the line is out the door which can’t be navigated with a double stroller. No problem Grandma and Grandpa to the rescue they will hang with the kids. We wait and order 2 Caramels with marshmallow, 2 plain Caramels and a Caramel covered pineapple. Handsome, Nene and I like the Marshmallow. Bear plain. Daddy & Jet the pineapple. We start the walk back to Mexico and Handsome and Nene fall asleep.

Last edited:

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
WOW! So glad Nene was okay!!! Good to have "the talk! about ride rules!"
You guys were brave soldiers to do an ADR and a park on arrival day! Sorry about the characters at Park Fare not being very interactive but I'm so happy for you that Anna, Elsa and Snow White helped make the meet and greet's magical!

Bummer you had to miss the Safari but I'm so glad they enjoyed ROL!

Your hubby is sweet to buy you all champagne while you wait (among other things)! Can't wait to read about the rest of the trip and find out about Tink and the lost tooth!

We are gluttons for punishment and tend to run ourselves ragged at Disney!! Thank you for the kind words on Nene I think every learned a lesson. Glad to have you along.

21stamps

So at this point it is 7:30pm and none of us had a break all day. Our dinner ADR is at 8:15. When I booked this ADR I thought we would go back to the room for naps after our fastpass with friends. Well the glorious room ready text had never come. We are all dragging. We decide to ride the Grand Fiesta Tour. The wait time is only 10 minutes. View attachment 255279

I just love Donald! After we finish up we decide to check in early. Dinner is at Hacienda de San Angel. Goal was to eat and then have a view for the fireworks. They said they could seat us now but no waterside view. If we waited 30 minutes they would guarantee us a view. We decided to wait. I knew if there was any chance my kiddos were staying awake I needed to take a page from @21stamps. I needed sugar stat!! We decided to take a stroll to Karamell Kuche. Jet was enjoying the shops along the way.
View attachment 255280
We get there and the line is out the door which can’t be navigated with a double stroller. No problem Grandma and Grandpa to the rescue they will hang with the kids. We wait and order 2 Caramels with marshmallow, 2 plain Caramels and a Caramel covered pineapple. Handsome, Nene and I like the Marshmallow. Bear plain. Daddy & Jet the pineapple. We start the walk back to Mexico and Handsome and Nene fall asleep.

Ha ha! Glad to know I’m not the only one!

It was time for our last fastpass. I had been waiting for the kids to get to ride FEA for two years. With three girls Let it Go had brainwashed us all and I was excited for all of us to get to finally ride!!! I almost wanted to ride standby just to take in all the details but time wasn’t on our side. The line moved quick and before we knew it we were in Arendale. View attachment 255090
We loved all the characters they were all so well done. The building excitement. The sudden reversal and the drop. We just loved it! View attachment 255092
Until... Jet in her excitement when we were almost done stood up to turn around to talk to her daddy about the ride. The ride operator saw her stand and slammed on the brakes. Nene who is the most petite of our children, went flying forward and bashed her face into the boat. She had blood pouring from her mouth. I had been video taping the ride for the kids so of course my momentary freak out was caught on film, yikes. She was histerical the ride operator kept apologizing (obviously not her fault),big sister was crying from guilt. We finally get everyone calmed down enough to assess the damage. Luckily she just bit the inside of her mouth. We had a very serious talk with the kids about following the rules of rides and how serious the consequences can be. We were lucky she just bit her mouth it could have been worse. In the end we all still loved the ride. We just had a few bumps and bruised egos to show for it.

This will be a great story between them when they’re older. ;)

21stamps

Your kids are an absolute delight in all of the photos.. even the grumpy face ones! :)
I’m so impressed with how much you have accomplished in your trip so far, especially with such a large party! Sounds like you have a wonderful family :)

I’m waiting impatiently to find out what happens with the tooth!

MississippiBelle

You have such a beautiful family! Can't wait for the rest of the report... 4 kids, 7 and under! Wow!! Aside from a few grumpy faces (which were my specialty at that age) everyone looks happy too!

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
In
Your kids are an absolute delight in all of the photos.. even the grumpy face ones! :)
I’m so impressed with how much you have accomplished in your trip so far, especially with such a large party! Sounds like you have a wonderful family :)

I’m waiting impatiently to find out what happens with the tooth!

I have been very blessed in the family department. Thank you! Writing these trip reports are so much harder than you would think! Between work, school, activities, Netflix this is taking me forever! I’ll keep plugging along so I can get to the tooth. Promise!

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
So we make it to our ADR and we have to carry Handsome and Nene since they are both sleeping. We are sat at a large table with booth seating as well as chairs so perfect to lay the sleeping beauties on. One problem. No water/window seating. My father-in-law asked if it would be possible to move and they said they would see what they could do. At this point I had given up and thought I would be content hearing them. So hubby and I both order classic margaritas. I regretted not getting a specialty one but since we just had the Caramels I was on sweet over load. I order milks for the kids and my in laws just get waters. The moment all our drinks arrive the waiter asks us to follow him and bring our drinks. Yay! A table with a view opened up. Nene slept through the move Handsome woke up. Husband,father-in law and I all got the New York Steak. We were on the dining plan so I asked if they would swap our dessert for guacamole,which they happily did. Guacamole was really good and I overdid it since it was such a large portion. Steak had a good charbroiled flavor and the corn mashed potatoes were yum! I had ordered a meal for Nene but she was still sleeping so Handsome ate it. All the kids (including my mother-in-law) had the grilled chicken and they seemed to like it. We just finished our entrees when it was time for Illuminations to start. Being so close we didn’t get the whole big picture however I though this was a great way to watch in a very relaxed setting. We all LOVED it.
EF67D952-659A-4167-A0BA-E43AC024B88A.jpeg
B79A287E-2DF5-469A-B74D-3FFA2A56D2B1.jpeg

I can’t remember when we took this picture but I really like it so it’s getting posted out of order anyways.
B336F217-E67B-4F6F-BD43-37B058CE3081.jpeg

We had a good meal, great service and the best company. We made our way slowly with the masses. We made it up the ramp for the monorail and just missed the first one. Soon enough another arrived and we were the first ones on. Jet was the only one awake by this point and was thrilled when she got a glimpse of the castle as we passed.

21stamps

In

I have been very blessed in the family department. Thank you! Writing these trip reports are so much harder than you would think! Between work, school, activities, Netflix this is taking me forever! I’ll keep plugging along so I can get to the tooth. Promise!

I know they take long to write.. I had no idea when I started mine last year. With 4 kids, I’ll forgive ya if this one takes a while to finish. ;)

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
That is a great family photo at night in EPCOT! What luck you could switch tables to watch Illuminations while enjoying a nice dinner.

Our dinner was perfect. I was worried that we would miss out being in a restaurant but it was exactly what we needed.

I know they take long to write.. I had no idea when I started mine last year. With 4 kids, I’ll forgive ya if this one takes a while to finish. ;)

Thanks! Hopefully you were safe through this Ohio snowstorm. We hunkered down and watched Cars tonight. First time the girls let Handsome pick.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
As we were riding back to the hotel I remembered we never got the room ready text. I checked my email and got a dreaded “ Please see the front desk” again! By the time we oriented ourselves and found the front desk it was 11:00pm. Poor jet had been on her feet since 8:30am. She was really being a trooper. Once again our magic bands weren’t linking up. It took them an hour to fix it! The cast member was so sweet. She felt so bad for our poor tired babes. She gave us each three wildcard fast passes. We had her set them up for our last day so we could go out with a bang. Grandpa and I start talking about how rough the morning is going to be. Remember that 7:45 am ADR at Trattoria al Forno?? Well I remembered the Minnie Vans and asked concierge. The lady was playing on a computer and pretended she didn’t hear me. I asked again and she said very impatiently. “You just need to download the Lyft app!” I thanked her and we headed to our rooms. It was 12:30 by the time we got there. 5353 & 5354. They were connecting so that made things easier. We quickly settled in and promptly passed out!!!

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
6:00 came quick!! I got ready packed the park bag then woke up the hubby. Nene was next. She woke easily and was happily got dressed. We went to the bathroom so she could brush her teeth and I could do her hair. She said “ Mama we didn’t eat dinner last night.” I said “We did baby you fell asleep.” Suddenly a horror stricken look crossed her face and she asks “Mama did I miss the fireworks?” I said “Yes baby I’m sorry you were sleeping.” She started sobbing. I felt so bad. We hadn’t even tried to wake her up once we were in the restaurant. We should have attempted to rouse her. I gave her a hug and apologized that she missed them. :cry: She said “ It’s ok Mama you’re always the best Mama.” :cry::cry::cry: She is our challenge at times but has a heart as big as Disney. I just love her sweet soul. At this point I tried to request the Minnie car and realize I need a special code. Down to concierge I go. The lady this time also seemed annoyed I was asking about the Minnie vans. She finally plugged my info in the computer and gave me the buzz off look. I get a feeling not all cast members like the Minnie vans. I get back to the room to finish waking the squad. Everyone else woke a little grumpy. I told them I had another Suprise for them which cheered them up. I got a notice that our ride was on its way. We head downstairs and look what was waiting for us.
F60A4338-A54F-4774-81EF-088BCEE8AF8B.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom