That Polynesian smell ...

a2grafix

Let me preface by saying that I should have asked a cast member at the Polynesian while I stayed at the Shades of Green Dec. 11-16, but alas I did not.

Each time I ventured inside the Polynesian hotel, be it after walking the Shades of Green trail to the back entrance of the Great Ceremonial House, cutting through the loading dock and into the main ground floor entrance, or exiting the monorail and through the second-floor doors ...

... This massive "South Pacific" smell hit me, and hit me hard.

This might have been discussed before, and sorry for not looking around for it. I was wondering if anything could come up with the fragrances that could equal the smell of the Polynesian. It's quite strong and I love it.

It has to be a mix of the running water through the lobby, coconut, pineapple, and something else.

If possible I'd love to purchase candles that might replicate the smell for my apartment.

Thanks!

gingerbreadtikibar.jpg

a2grafix

Original Poster
You know, we just did the 10th-18th at Hawaii and I was doing OK on withdrawal symptoms until I read this post.

Thanks for nothing everyone . . .:cry:

Awww, last time I visited "South Anchorage" was February 1999. I'm happy to be part of the 49-50 club.

Upvote 0

heartodisney

You know, we just did the 10th-18th at Hawaii and I was doing OK on withdrawal symptoms until I read this post.

Thanks for nothing everyone . . .:cry:

Ao No ho'i (what a terrible thing!), but for you and your family, Hau' oli Makahiki Hou (Happy New Year!) and Malama pono (take care)! :lol:

Upvote 0

Madhatter06

It is the smell of happiness! I stayed at Poly in 2007 and when I went to re-pack my suitcase in 2008 for another trip I opened it up and was overwhelmed with the scent of the hotel. I can still smell it everytime I go in my suitcase!

Upvote 0

Kwit35

Totally agree! The smells at Disney are the best. I do love the smell at Poly, however my two favorites are Animal Kingdom Lodge and Soarin'. Two smells that make me sigh with happiness.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom