That one ride that other people love, but...

StarWarsGirl

You just can't stand.

For me, it's always "Small World". The song gets stuck in my head. I just don't enjoy riding it, but will just shut up and go along for whoever I'm with. I find it worse than SGE.
My neighbor got stuck on Small World one time. She has not been on it since. Speaking of which, anyone else hear about the guy who sued Disney for getting stuck on Small World? We're probably not allowed to discuss it because it could get political, but I found the headline a little amusing.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
My neighbor got stuck on Small World one time. She has not been on it since. Speaking of which, anyone else hear about the guy who sued Disney for getting stuck on Small World? We're probably not allowed to discuss it because it could get political, but I found the headline a little amusing.

There's a thread on it in the DL forum.

DizneyPryncess

Space Mountain & Mission: Space for me. Space Mountain is too jerky for me, I usually come off of it with a sore neck, so I just gave up on it. And I get motion sickness pretty easily, so Mission: Space is out for me. Most everything else I enjoy to some degree.

StarWarsGirl

Space Mountain & Mission: Space for me. Space Mountain is too jerky for me, I usually come off of it with a sore neck, so I just gave up on it. And I get motion sickness pretty easily, so Mission: Space is out for me. Most everything else I enjoy to some degree.
That ride is pretty jerky. My father came off of it last time really sore. "I think I'm giving this one up first!" he said. I don't like Mission: Space either. Last time I was bribed into going on it and my screen kept flicking off. It was a good thing that my stomach was empty.

DizneyPryncess

That ride is pretty jerky. My father came off of it last time really sore. "I think I'm giving this one up first!" he said. I don't like Mission: Space either. Last time I was bribed into going on it and my screen kept flicking off. It was a good thing that my stomach was empty.

Yeah, I'm with him! I think my neck easily gets sore from a past car accident. After that, more rides at amusements parks started to bother me. Maybe I'm just getting older though, haha.

StarWarsGirl

Yeah, I'm with him! I think my neck easily gets sore from a past car accident. After that, more rides at amusements parks started to bother me. Maybe I'm just getting older though, haha.
Car accidents and their resulting injuries are brutal no matter how old you are. I got hit last summer and had a back and neck problem afterward which I ended up in physical therapy for. Space I could only do if I wasn't in the back, and Dinosaur I couldn't do at all. Safari also was painful. I learned to brace myself, but that trip wasn't quite as much fun. The good thing is I went back in January and could handle the rides, so the physical therapy worked and I shouldn't have to worry about it on future trips. But that's also because I was 17 at the time and healed pretty well, lol. I'm just glad that I was alone because I know my parents would have had it worse than me, and my brother would have been traumatized and injured. But I'm sure there are certain rides you can't handle with neck problems. Which is completely fine! Others get motion sick (myself) and some just don't like them.

DizneyPryncess

Car accidents and their resulting injuries are brutal no matter how old you are. I got hit last summer and had a back and neck problem afterward which I ended up in physical therapy for. Space I could only do if I wasn't in the back, and Dinosaur I couldn't do at all. Safari also was painful. I learned to brace myself, but that trip wasn't quite as much fun. The good thing is I went back in January and could handle the rides, so the physical therapy worked and I shouldn't have to worry about it on future trips. But that's also because I was 17 at the time and healed pretty well, lol. I'm just glad that I was alone because I know my parents would have had it worse than me, and my brother would have been traumatized and injured. But I'm sure there are certain rides you can't handle with neck problems. Which is completely fine! Others get motion sick (myself) and some just don't like them.

That's almost exactly what happened to me too! I was 22 when I got hit, and ended up in physical therapy. For a while I couldn't handle most rides. Now I can handle them if they aren't too jerky. I think with Space Mountain, because it's dark, I can't brace myself. With rides where I can see, I can brace myself better and my neck doesn't end up hurting. I'm with you on the motion sickness thing too. Some rides don't bother me with that, and some do. It's just trial & error. :)

StarWarsGirl

That's almost exactly what happened to me too! I was 22 when I got hit, and ended up in physical therapy. For a while I couldn't handle most rides. Now I can handle them if they aren't too jerky. I think with Space Mountain, because it's dark, I can't brace myself. With rides where I can see, I can brace myself better and my neck doesn't end up hurting. I'm with you on the motion sickness thing too. Some rides don't bother me with that, and some do. It's just trial & error. :)
With me it's more my back than my neck. I had some minor whiplash in my neck, but my back was hurt pretty badly. So every little bump just really hurt. On everything. That and after the accident I was afraid to drive for about two months. Well, I couldn't for a while because I couldn't move to drive. The worst part was that it was a hit and run and the guy who hit me got away. :( I occasionally get some back pain now and then, and with having a history of back problems in my family, I have to be careful! But I do find myself bracing myself on attractions more. That and no lifting luggage for me. I also make sure I'm swimming while down there because if I can stretch it out, it hurts less on attractions. So I'll go for a morning swim or come back and swim at least every other day and it helps immensely.

Astro Orbiter makes me SO motion sick. I can handle Dumbo, Aladdin, and any of the other spinners, but I can't do Astro Orbiter. It's really weird. I can't figure out why it's that particular one. Especially since I can go wild on Tea Cups and not get sick. o_O I think I must have built up an immunity on that ride, lol. Star Tours used to make me motion sick, but since they changed it, it no longer does that.

DizneyPryncess

With me it's more my back than my neck. I had some minor whiplash in my neck, but my back was hurt pretty badly. So every little bump just really hurt. On everything. That and after the accident I was afraid to drive for about two months. Well, I couldn't for a while because I couldn't move to drive. The worst part was that it was a hit and run and the guy who hit me got away. :( I occasionally get some back pain now and then, and with having a history of back problems in my family, I have to be careful! But I do find myself bracing myself on attractions more. That and no lifting luggage for me. I also make sure I'm swimming while down there because if I can stretch it out, it hurts less on attractions. So I'll go for a morning swim or come back and swim at least every other day and it helps immensely.

Astro Orbiter makes me SO motion sick. I can handle Dumbo, Aladdin, and any of the other spinners, but I can't do Astro Orbiter. It's really weird. I can't figure out why it's that particular one. Especially since I can go wild on Tea Cups and not get sick. o_O I think I must have built up an immunity on that ride, lol. Star Tours used to make me motion sick, but since they changed it, it no longer does that.

I can handle the spinner rides for some reason, but definitely not the Tea Cups. Star Tours probably made me more ill than anything, I forgot about that one. I might have to try it again since the change.

I'm glad your back has improved since your accident, I can definitely relate to everything you said. We're lucky to have recovered as much as we have, even if it does leave us changed.

StarWarsGirl

I can handle the spinner rides for some reason, but definitely not the Tea Cups. Star Tours probably made me more ill than anything, I forgot about that one. I might have to try it again since the change.

I'm glad your back has improved since your accident, I can definitely relate to everything you said. We're lucky to have recovered as much as we have, even if it does leave us changed.
The other ride that leaves me motion sick is not in Disney, but that swinging pirate ship they have at Hershey. That literally made me run to the bathroom one day. Oh, and in Disneyland, they have this Ferris Wheel with cars that swing on a track. My parents thought it was fun and both my brother and me were ready to throw up at the end.

And thank you:).

Genie of the Lamp

Country Bear Jamboree. To put it bluntly honest, it puts me too sleep. Last time I saw it was in December of 2011, so I'll maybe check it out if I have time the next trip I take to the World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom