Thanksving Week / Easter

Hi,

I am currently booked from Sat Nov 19th - Sun Nov 27th.
I know it is Thanksgiving week but how bad is it?

I have been there for Easter a few times so I have dealt with crowds.
Is it worse?

Thanks

ThinkTink721

We have never been during Easter, but we did visit during Thanksgiving week last year...it was pretty busy...especially one night at the MK...it was extremely crowded!
But, you do get to see all of the nice Christmas decorations...so it is worth it to visit during this time at least once!
:wave:

Upvote 0

majorrfb

We have been to the World both Easter and Thanksgiving over the years. Both were very busy with Easter being a guess. When is Easter? If Easter falls into a public school vacation week (Northeast: third full week of April) then attendance will be a MAD HOUSE. Otherwise not to bad with primarily locals attending the parks Thanksgiving is usually a short week for public schools with a half day before Thanksgiving and the rest of the week off. Hope this helps. :wave:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi,

I am currently booked from Sat Nov 19th - Sun Nov 27th.
I know it is Thanksgiving week but how bad is it?

I have been there for Easter a few times so I have dealt with crowds.
Is it worse?

Thanks

No, Thanksgiving is much better then Easter week. I went a couple of years ago during Thanksgiving. Arriving the Saturday prior to Turkey Day and staying until the Saturday after. The first few days were fantastic. Hardly any crowds. Very nice. Then Wed before Thanksgiving things picked up and it stayed steady until we left. Still, not as a bad as the Easter crowds. Make sure to book a place for Thanksgiving Dinner! We really wanted to get Liberty Tree as it was the last year with characters and Thanksgiving and we couldn't get it. It booked up in 18 minutes!!!!!

Upvote 0

chwilson88

I went during Easter this past year (2011) and the easter crowds really weren't as bad as everyone on here makes it out to be. Maybe I'm just more tolerant, but it didn't seem so bad. I mean, if you arrive at MK at noon and expect to just breeze through then no you're sadly mistaken, but if you plan and arrive early to parks etc, then there are no issues.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

We have been for Easter (spring break), Thanksgiving and Christmas...Thanksgiving is not too bad. Weather is better (not HOT) and that alone makes it more enjoyable. Christmas decorations are up and beatifuk. Go have a great time and enjoy all the new things to see!!

Upvote 0

CaneinBatonRoug

We were there last year at about the same time(11/18/10 through 11/24/10). The weather was good and the crowds were almost non-existant most of the time. Crowd levels really started picking up on the Tuesday and Wednesday of actual Thanksgiving week. The Christmas decorations, for the most part, are all up. The one noticeable missing thing was the Christmas tree in MK.

Never been for Easter break.

Currently planning another trip for this year, the week leading up to Christmas. Even on the crowded days, it seems Disney for the most part, keeps things rolling fairly smoothly.

Upvote 0

CynBeth

We got a pretty good deal on US Air. We leave early and have 1 plane switch and should arrive at MCO around 9 am so we figure we will be able to spend half day at DHS. Hopefully the Osnourne Lights will be up.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Thanksgiving crowds have changed over the years. We used to love going that week + the following week. In the past the crowds slowly built between Tuesday and Thursday (Thanksgiving) to reach the level of insanity which is Friday. Crowds would subside slightly for Saturday and fall off a cliff on Sunday. Our last Thanksgiving trip 2 years ago the crowds arrived on the Saturday before Thanksgiving and were crazy the entire week and reached the pinnicle on Black Friday most likely because of locals visiting with no school for the kiddies. We have also seen the week following Thanksgiving becoming quite busier over the years. We would always plan the Thanksgiving and the day after would basicaly be crowd watching days and would walk around the parks and look at all the extended queue's for the rides and even the QS restaurants and watch in awe at the amount of people in the parks. One great reason to visit this time is that there is almost never anything closed for refurb. In fact even seasonal rides and shows are typically open during this week. Going back a few years ago this was the final operating week for Timekeeper and WOL and we were there to enjoy them for on last time. Unfortunately after about 8 years in a row going for Thanksgiving week and the week after we have decided to visit another time of the year.

I wish I could compare it to Easter, but I have never gone for Easter week.

Thanksgiving week is very doable. Just plan your days expecting crowds.
  • Get to the parks when they open
  • Make reservations as early as possible
  • Get MVMCP tickets soon in case they sell out since the parties are very limited that week. I only think that Sunday will be available during your trip
  • Friday after Thanksgiving starts the holiday season for Epcot.

Upvote 0

Goofy6294

I went during Easter this past year (2011) and the easter crowds really weren't as bad as everyone on here makes it out to be. Maybe I'm just more tolerant, but it didn't seem so bad. I mean, if you arrive at MK at noon and expect to just breeze through then no you're sadly mistaken, but if you plan and arrive early to parks etc, then there are no issues.

Ditto

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom