Thanksgiving Week Update

DisneyDellsDude

Original Poster
We were on our 7th WDW vacation this past Thanksgiving week.
We stayed at the Polynesian - which was excellent!
But, I had a really bad cold all week.:(

No pictures, but here's some things I noticed over the past week.

Magic Kingdom
-All effects were working on Splash Mountain, including the jumping rabbit AA, the jumping waters in the scene right before the big lift, and even the waterfall that's on the right side of the logs outside before you go into the finale showboat scene.

-Haunted Mansion is still looking fairly good, although in the stretching room we went in, you could see the wallpaper was starting to come off near one of the portraits.

-The stack of hats are still missing from the AA in Pirates.

EPCOT
-No new progress on SSE Descent that I could tell.

-The curtains are still not working on Ellen's Energy Adventure.

-The mist on the dancing fountain near Mousegears was working.

Hollywood Studios

-My first ride on Toy Story Midway Mania, I got 154,500 - which was the most from our group. I did look at a strategy guide online though.:D We waited in line for about 100 minutes. This was Thanksgiving day, and we only spent a few hours in this park. To me, the park is a mess. TSMM is a good start, but this park still needs a LOT of work. And also, in line for TSMM, potato head didn't take his ear off. He froze twice, but they got him working again about 5 minutes after each time. He still has limited vocab, so we heard some jokes twice. Also, the line moves extremely slow. We had a party of 6, so when we got down to the dock, we said "6" and then were seated. NO ONE ELSE got on our train, so our train was only running on 75% capacity. No wonder the line moves so slow, people get bored, pick on the items in the queue, and yell insults at potato head to give off some steam!

Animal Kingdom
-We got this iced tea at a stand near the Yak and Yeti and put some "natural" sugar in it and it was really good!

-The mist and the water in the geysers on Kilimanjaro Safaris was working.

-I didn't go on E:E, but my sister said that she could bairly see the yeti. Only his eyes were lit up, which led me to believe that the Yeti is currently in the infamous "C" mode (which is a broken version of the B mode)

Polynesian
- They're running a low number of busses, so our ride to DHS and AK was packed!!!

Downtown Disney
- The lights were on in the Adventurer's Club, but I could see no one.:(

NOW THE TWO RUMORS I PICKED UP FROM THIS TRIP
- I didn't hear this, but my friend said that as he was going on the CoP, a castmember said it would be closing soon. (We all know where this is going)

-And a famous quote from our Disney Magical Express bus driver on the way back to the airport...
As he was talking about how two new ships were debuting in 2012 for the Disney Cruise Line, he said they are going to be adding attractions to the ships, and then made a comment about riding a rollercoaster out in the middle of the ocean.

That's it.
I was not on the internet for the past week, so if anything was already covered, sorry.
I'll post more stuff if I remember it.

imamouse

Thanks for the update (sorry about your cold). That's really interesting about the roller coasters on the new Disney cruise ships. Shades of the Stratosphere in Vegas :D.

smk

Sounds like you had a good time. How were the crowd levels? Besides the 100 minute wait on TSM, which always has a line, did you have long waits?

How was the Osbornes lighht show this year, it is one of my favorites and I haven't seen it since 2006 :(. I hate the Holiday crowds so I doubt I will go again over the Holidays which makes me sad. Well, I could go anytime but DH reallys hates the crowds and he would stay at home, so no fun for me. He really thinks he owns the place and no one else should go on the days he is there :lookaroun.

DisneyDellsDude

Original Poster
Sounds like you had a good time. How were the crowd levels? Besides the 100 minute wait on TSM, which always has a line, did you have long waits?

How was the Osbornes lighht show this year, it is one of my favorites and I haven't seen it since 2006 :(. I hate the Holiday crowds so I doubt I will go again over the Holidays which makes me sad. Well, I could go anytime but DH reallys hates the crowds and he would stay at home, so no fun for me. He really thinks he owns the place and no one else should go on the days he is there :lookaroun.

The other longest wait we had was for Space Mountain with "90 minutes" (but it was really only 45).

We got home yesterday, so weren't able to see the lights this year.

Crowds were busy Wednesday, Thursday (Thanksgiving), and Friday, but lighter Monday and Tuesday of the same week.

NadieMasK2

I really wish they would work on the Yeti. I absolutely love E:E but it's just not the same experience anymore.

Maybe we should start a protest thread "PLEASE give the Yeti some love!!" :lol:

Thanks for the report.

VilliansRule

We were there Thanksgiving Week...

and all the parks were pretty busy. We didn't wait in line long for much, we Fast Passed the best we could and left it at that. Toy Story was a VERY fun ride, but the FPs went QUICK. We managed to get on it twice with FP. We rode Tower of Terror about 6 times in a week (though it broke down several times or was only running with one half open) We did the single rider line on Rockin Roller Coaster. It too broke down more than once. We only got Expedition Everest once, another malfunction. Hell, even Ellen's Energy Adventure broke down on us!! (our toilet even stopped up, but hey---it's Disney so who cares, right?)

But we love Disney! So a Thanksgiving week AT Disney beats a Thanksgiving Week NOT AT Disney any day!!

Philo

I love the rollercoaster rumor!

No way is this going to happen though. I know that these ships are pretty stable but slight movement would affect the calculations for momentum etc and hence the motion / speed of the coaster - the last thing you want is to make a coaster that might not make it up that second hill!

Thanks for the other observations

stitch2008

-And a famous quote from our Disney Magical Express bus driver on the way back to the airport...
As he was talking about how two new ships were debuting in 2012 for the Disney Cruise Line, he said they are going to be adding attractions to the ships, and then made a comment about riding a rollercoaster out in the middle of the ocean.

Maybe that means they are going to put something like Cyber Space Mountain from DisneyQuest on the new ships.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom