Thanksgiving/Christmas trip! Need some help!

disneytati

Hi, guys!

I was planning to go to WDW in September, but due to some date/economic difficulties, my aunt has made me an irresistible proposal: going for the Thanksgiving week and first week of December! She knew I would accept it, as it joins the two things I love most: Disney and Christmas!!!!:D

Well, now I am soooooo anxious! I need some advice...

What happens on Thanksgiving week? I've heard they have special shows, and events. Any tips?

What are the dates for Mickey's very merry christams party for this year? How much does it cost?

Do they have a Country Bear Jamboree christmas edition every year? Do you know about any other christmas events around WDW?

Are they really going to have a christmas themed Donald's Breakfastossaurus at AK? Need early reservations?

I just can't wait!!!!:sohappy:

wannabeBelle

Hey Cymbal if we end up in Disney at the same time we can put my Mom and your DH together to wait for us while we hit all the crazy coasters!!!! WOOO HOO!!!!!! LOL LOL Actually I am trying to get it together for my next trip after October. I Am seriously looking at the first week of December to do all my Christmas Disney stuff. Are you going to be heading down there at all for the holidays?

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
Hey Cymbal if we end up in Disney at the same time we can put my Mom and your DH together to wait for us while we hit all the crazy coasters!!!! WOOO HOO!!!!!! LOL LOL Actually I am trying to get it together for my next trip after October. I Am seriously looking at the first week of December to do all my Christmas Disney stuff. Are you going to be heading down there at all for the holidays?

I'm hoping! I was really wanting to be there for the F&W festival, but that's not looking too good right now :( The 1st week in Dec was actually my fav time to go...I just have issues about MVMCP! :animwink:

It would be so much fun to have a friend to hook up with....Keep in touch! I'd love to go....maybe your Mom and DH can have fun drinking coffee while we're doing the rides! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

definitely!!! As of this moment my dates look like 12/3 or 12/4 to 12/8. The resort looks like the P.O. French Quarter, most likely with an outside chance of the All stars. We are planning for the Candlelight Processional on 12/7, which is my friend Richie's Birthday!! Probably going to do MVMCP on that Thursday. Mom hasnt firmly decided if she is coming or not but I know she would LOVE a coffee buddy!!!

Upvote 0

disneytati

Original Poster
Originally posted by cymbaldiva

You're welcome! It's not easy to find a guy like that at all! We don't have them down South either! :lol: DH is doing the best he can - he's not much into Disney at all, he just puts up with me!

Hey, girls! It's not easy to find a guy like that anywhere in the world! We don't have any of these here in Brazil either! :lol: I've been looking for one... (thank God my boyfriend doesn't understand english, so doesn't come into the forums to read this...:animwink: ) So, you are planning to go in december? Cool! maybe we could set up a meeting!:cool:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

OK Ladies this seems to be a recurring theme about not being able to find particularly good men!!!! My biggest problem is that I have a thing for really tall men named Rob. I guess this all goes back to my Beast fascination!!! Anyhow Yes I will most likely be in Orlando 12/3-4 to 12/8. Provided of course I can find a travel buddy. The rides and attractions just arent as fun by oneself!!! Not usually an issue, but as with any trip not nailed down everything is a maybe!!!! Hope to see you all there in December, we can sing Christmas Carols!!! Belle

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

definitely!!! As of this moment my dates look like 12/3 or 12/4 to 12/8. The resort looks like the P.O. French Quarter, most likely with an outside chance of the All stars. We are planning for the Candlelight Processional on 12/7, which is my friend Richie's Birthday!! Probably going to do MVMCP on that Thursday. Mom hasnt firmly decided if she is coming or not but I know she would LOVE a coffee buddy!!!

Sounds very kewl! PO is a great place to stay, 1st week in December is almost always perfect...and DH always likes a coffee buddy! :D

You do know I won't do MVMCP, right? :animwink:

Upvote 0

disneytati

Original Poster
That is OK I can always go do MVMCP with the others while you and DH have a nice romantic dinner somewhere??

On what date are you planning to do MVMCP? Maybe we could meet there!:)

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Assuming those dates I Am definitely doing the MVMCP on December 5, 2002. I am also planning on the Candlelight Processional for December 7th2002, dinner package and all!!! I am not sure who the narrator is going to be. Last year we had Phylicia Rashad from the Cosby Show and it was awesome. We had dinner at the Biergarten in Germany, but this year I think we are going to go for the middle level for the UK or the Upper level for Chef De France!!! WOO HOO!!! Hey Cymbal Diva, any news on if you are gonna make it to WDW for the first week in December? Id love to have you and DH along!!! Belle :kiss:

Upvote 0

Camelot

I have to agree with you, cymbaldiva, on MVMCP, in regards to the cookies and hot chocolate. Eccckkk ! They were awful.

The backdrop for the photographs was disappointing, too. You would think Disney could have come up with something classy.

The nicest part was the Christmas fireworks, and the foam "snow" on Main Street, but that's not worth a second trip for me.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

That is OK I can always go do MVMCP with the others while you and DH have a nice romantic dinner somewhere??

Not a bad idea....I'd love it if all of this would work out!

Thanks for the support Camelot! Ah I do miss the sugar cookies back in the day...:slurp: ! For me MVMCP was one large all you can eat sugar cookie buffet! :D

Upvote 0

disneytati

Original Poster
Hope they change their minds about the cheap cookies this year... I really LOVE cookies!

I guess it is official that there will be a christmas edition for Donald's breakfastossaurus at AK. Any cast members out there who could give me some hints of what is going to have there?:)

Upvote 0
Now I'm afraid of the cookies and hot chocolate! :lookaroun We will be at WDW for 11 days in early December. We have always gone during summer, so it will be nice not to deal with the intense heat. We are doing all the holiday events, so I hope they are worth it (except for the cookies, I guess). We are staying at the Grand Floridian, but last time we were in the Garden Suites at the Boardwalk and really, really liked it!! We hear that it is worth it to check out all the resorts for their Christmas decorations. Any other holiday tips? We can't wait to go.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

The weather is almost always so perfect that time of year! You'll have an amazing time! And the Xmas decorations at the GF are absolutely FABULOUS!!! The decorations are beautiful everywhere though....IMHO you should make a point to see as many of the resorts as humanly possible! :D

Do remember to watch out for the hot chocolate and cookies though...:lol: :animwink:

Upvote 0

disneytati

Original Poster
That's it! The decorations are already worth the trip! And there are the shows, parties, carolers, and all the special merchandise!!!

I just can't wait!!!:kiss:

Upvote 0

Worldphile

Originally posted by doombuggy1983
Now I'm afraid of the cookies and hot chocolate! :lookaroun We will be at WDW for 11 days in early December. We have always gone during summer, so it will be nice not to deal with the intense heat. We are doing all the holiday events, so I hope they are worth it (except for the cookies, I guess). We are staying at the Grand Floridian, but last time we were in the Garden Suites at the Boardwalk and really, really liked it!! We hear that it is worth it to check out all the resorts for their Christmas decorations. Any other holiday tips? We can't wait to go.

The other resorts are defintiely worth checking out. WL has some great Christmas decorations.

Upvote 0

disneytati

Original Poster
Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant
The thing I love most about WDW at Christmas time is the candy apples! YUM!!:slurp:

I like candy apples too! But as it is a kind of winter food, we have it here in July, during the country parties. Christmas reminds me of turkey, ham, and cookies!!!

Hey, Kingdom Konsultant, do you know any details about the christmas Donald's Breakfastossaurus?

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Donald's Breakfastasaurous will be decorated in the Christmas fashion with it's usual menu and the charecters will be dressed in their Safari gear. If I find out any differently, I will let you know. I am on the phone with Disney quite a bit during the day, and I will remember to keep asking about any changes. Do you need the menu?

Egg Beaters Available from Your Server Upon Request
Assorted Cereals, Dino Eggs (Tiny Donuts)
Muffins , Bagels , Biscuits
Breakfast Burrito
Scrambled Eggs , Western Eggs
Hash Browns , Dino Hash , Potatoes
Pancakes , French Toast
Sausage , Bacon
Oatmeal , Grits
Juices , Coffee , Milk

$15.99 for adults $8.99 for kids

Tax, gratuity, beverages are extra

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom