Thanksgiving/Christmas trip! Need some help!

disneytati

Hi, guys!

I was planning to go to WDW in September, but due to some date/economic difficulties, my aunt has made me an irresistible proposal: going for the Thanksgiving week and first week of December! She knew I would accept it, as it joins the two things I love most: Disney and Christmas!!!!:D

Well, now I am soooooo anxious! I need some advice...

What happens on Thanksgiving week? I've heard they have special shows, and events. Any tips?

What are the dates for Mickey's very merry christams party for this year? How much does it cost?

Do they have a Country Bear Jamboree christmas edition every year? Do you know about any other christmas events around WDW?

Are they really going to have a christmas themed Donald's Breakfastossaurus at AK? Need early reservations?

I just can't wait!!!!:sohappy:

conntom

to disneytati Mickey Very Merry Christmas Party is a must do.
It is a lot of fun the dates are Dec 1,3,5,6,8,10,12,13,15,17,19,
20, the Price is 33.95+tax must buy ticket now or it's 38.95if you
buy it there.
for children it's 23.95+tax now or 28.95 there. I hope you go
I will be there on Dec 8 :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

I go every Thanksgiving and Its a great time of year to go! Contrary to popular belief, the crowds during this week are relatively small.

Guess what else.......I'll be there this year for the same two weeks as you!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

I can't wait either!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

We went for Thanksgiving two years ago. Make sure you have a PS for dinner. We didn't and were told all restaurants were booked. waited 90 mins. at Liberty Tree Tavern.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

It is a beautiful time of year to go! You might want to re-think MVMCP though....IMHO it's not worth it. As for the weather and the crowds - almost always perfect! :)

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey Cymbal, you dont think MVMCP is worth it?? I loved it every year I have gone (since 1999). The snow on Main Street is amazing. Just picture kissing the one you love in the snow on Main Street while the Castle sits in the background with all the different colors thrown on it!! WOW Time to find a new BoyFriend for me!! LOL LOL
As far as food yes I had heard something about the Donald's breakfast being retooled for Christmas. I would also STRONGLY recommend the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package. Basically the show is free either way, but if you get the dinner package, you get priority seating. I heard the Roy Disney is going to be the featured speaker on Nov 29, 30 and Dec 1st call and check it out!! I went last year for the first time and found it to be excellent. This year it is a must do for me. Liberty Tree Tavern is always a good choice for eating in the MK and I think I had heard something about a package deal for that and the Mickey's Very Merry. Call 1-407-wdw-dine for more information from hours to menus and any given restaurant. Have a wonderful time!!

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
This is my advice to you. You will have plenty of time to do see everything that they have in store for Christmas, so think things through. You have the Osbourne Family Lights at MGM(free) every night. You have Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party on at least 4 of the nights you are there. Pick one or even two if you really like it the first time. Do not go on a fri, sat. or sunday though. It is most crowded on the weekends. If you haven't been to this event yet, by all means, do it for your own experience. Order your tickets now, since this event is very popular. The Candle light Processional is another beautiful Disney event for the Holidays. Plesae keep in mind that you do not "need " to do the package, but you do have much better, reserved seating if you do.

You restaurant choices are:
Biergarten
Akerhaus
The Garden grill
all buffet and $26.99 per adult

Rose and Crown
Nine Dragons
san angel
Marrakesh
full dinner 32.99 for adults

Chefs de France
Alfredo's
Le Cellier
Teppanyaki
full dinner 39.99 for adults

book this package through wdw-dine
their is a 48 hour cancellation policy

Don't forget about the marketplace. They do have it decorated nicely and they have carollers that stroll around at night, amongst other things.
In the Animal Kingdom , santa Goffy can be found in Camp Mickey Minnie

Make sure you check out the life size Gingerbread House gift shop in the lobby of the Grand Floridian.

Many hotels have gingerbread exhibits of houses made by the chefs at WDW
Last year we stayed at the Contemporary in the Tower and had a wonderful view of the fireworks from MVMCP from our balcony every night.

Upvote 0

disneytati

Original Poster
:D Hey, guys! Thanks for all the tips!
Wow! So many things to do!!!!

Well, MVMCP is my priority this year. My aunt went to it in 1995, brought some videotapes and I just loved it! I would not miss it for anything! Can I buy tickets from Brazil? Maybe with a credit card, yeah?

What happens in the Candlelight Procession? It is at EPCOT, isn't it? Does it happen everyday? And yeah, the Osbourne lights seem to be really beautiful too!

I am going to call wdw-dine to ask about the dinner packages and Donald's breakfast. But (don't laught at me...:eek: ) what are the numbers for these? Sorry, we don't have that in our telephones here in Brazil...

Upvote 0

disneytati

Original Poster
Originally posted by Main Street USA
I go every Thanksgiving and Its a great time of year to go! Contrary to popular belief, the crowds during this week are relatively small.

Guess what else.......I'll be there this year for the same two weeks as you!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

I can't wait either!:sohappy:

Hey, we can set up a meeing! There's a roll call for December somewhere here in the forums, we better check it out!

Just can't wait!!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Mortimer

We went the first two weeks of December last year and loved it. Last year they taped the televised Christmas Parade the first week of December. It was not advertised anywhere, but they had it on a weekday morning. The only reason we knew they were doing it is because we were almost the grand marshalls, the director stopped us in Frontierland the night before and asked if we would be interested. He informed us that they had about three families they were looking at and said he would call us at our room, he called and said they had selected another family but gave me his name and told me to ask for him in the morning and he would sit us where we would be seen on television. I found him the next morning and he was true to his word. It was pretty cool to go home and then watch ourselves at WDW on Christmas morning. Have fun!

Upvote 0

DisneyCP2000

Originally posted by disneytati

What happens in the Candlelight Procession? It is at EPCOT, isn't it? Does it happen everyday?

The main event of Holidays Around the World is Candlelight Processional. There's plenty of other things to see and do at world showcase during the holidays. If you're interested in meeting holiday favs from all over the world check out each pavilion. China has the monkey king, UK has Father Christmas, Italy has La Befana, and all the other countries have thiers too. Okay, next up...there's the Lights of winter it's nothing more than 7 panels of lights that flash in sync with music. It's not much but it's amazing to see it. At 6:30 ish there's the tree lighting ceremony. It happens right under the lights of winter and it's very magical, of course. Finally the big one...Candlelight Processional.

Tips...these are some of the things I learned when I worked the event (I took care of Dinner package guests most of the time) :)
->Dinner Packages ONLY guarantee you a seat. Therefore, NOT the best seat in the house if you show up 10 minutes from the show. So make sure you get there early if you plan to see the show up close. If you show up late...the line can be from AA all the way to Morrocco!
->Dinner packages also don't guarantee under cover seating either (the earlier you arrive the better chance you get with under cover seating...),
->Dinner Packages - They gave away one of a kind pins during the 2000-2001 season. they were really nice!
->Dinner Packages - (if you plan to have dinner then the show)Don't book your dinner too close to the show. I've seen a lot of guests come to the show late cause the restaurant had slow service.
->Standby. Be sure to get there really early! I would suggest getting in line 15 minutes after the previous show has started. This should get you good seats in the theater. Just stand around the area a judge how the crowd is.

Happy pre-holidays!

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
Hey Cymbal, you dont think MVMCP is worth it?? I loved it every year I have gone (since 1999). The snow on Main Street is amazing. Just picture kissing the one you love in the snow on Main Street while the Castle sits in the background with all the different colors thrown on it!! WOW Time to find a new BoyFriend for me!! LOL LOL

No, I don't think it is at all worth it anymore :( . First time DH and I ever attended was in 95 and it was FABULOUS!!! Very limited ticket event (so light crowds), plenty of characters everywhere, and REAL sugar cookies ...just like the ones the sell only in Christmas shapes :slurp: ! The last time we went was in 2000 (btw, the only year we missed was 99) - big difference! Wayyyy crowded, cheapy grocery store cookies :fork: and I don't even want to go into the bug in DH's hot chocolate! The only thing that even saved the evening was seeing the shuttle liftoff from just outside the MK gates just after we left the "party"
Anyhow, not at all a pleasant experience and I definately won't pay perfectly good $$ to repeat it !

Peace Ya'll! :wave:

Upvote 0

conntom

To cymbaldiva I was at Disney at the time the shuttle went up
i was at the Pool in my hotel and you are right about the cookies
cheap cheap and so was the hot chocolate it was cheap to.
But would I do it again yes I love the fireworks at the end of the
night :)

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

no help on the new boyfriend thing though huh?? LOL LOL I can see your point on the cookie and Hot chocolate thing. A BUG!! UGH!!!! Not my dream evening I Am afraid!!!

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

I'm sorry Belle! I really did mean to wish you luck on the new b/f! I guess I just got on a rant...

Anyhow, that's why I won't do MVMCP again - first the sugar cookies s***** and then the bug. Not an experience I ever want to repeat!

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
To DisneyTati

Yes, you can purchase them with a credit card. The phone number is, 1-407-939-3463. that's country code, city code and #.

The Candle light Processional features a Celebrity Narrator who recites the story of the birth of Jesus. There is an orchestra and a huge choir, which enters the theater (American) holding candles. It really is a beautiful show.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Thanks ever so much for the good thoughts Cymbal, It is VERY tough to find a good looking, tall , sweet, straight guy here in NYC who digs Disney as much as I do!!! So Until I find my Beastly Prince I guess Ill just have to fly solo!!! Oh well!! I could do worse than having my Mom as my roomie. Mom is pretty cool although she isnt into coasters.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
Thanks ever so much for the good thoughts Cymbal, It is VERY tough to find a good looking, tall , sweet, straight guy here in NYC who digs Disney as much as I do!!! So Until I find my Beastly Prince I guess Ill just have to fly solo!!! Oh well!! I could do worse than having my Mom as my roomie. Mom is pretty cool although she isnt into coasters.

You're welcome! It's not easy to find a guy like that at all! We don't have them down South either! :lol: DH is doing the best he can - he's not much into Disney at all, he just puts up with me!

You'll have a fabulous time! Oh, and DH isn't into coasters either...I do those solo, but it's still lots of fun! Say Hi to Mom for me! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom