News Test Track to be reimagined

Sectorkeeper71

Exactly. Summer is the quietest time of year now and the second you come outside, it’s either hot as balls or pouring. I’d love for them to open the GotG standby queue so I can hide in there for an hour.
My family used to go in the summer all the time. Last time we went in June of 2022 everyone universally said “never ever again”.

My wife and I went on our honeymoon in November and it was night and day so much easier to just exist than summer time

ninet930thTA

Of all the things in Epcot to invest in right now, why this? Both SSE and Imagination need investment more desperately than Test Track. The current version of Test Track is a downgrade from the original version (IMO), but it certainly doesn’t feel dated.
One of the few differences between Epcot and other parks is these are all sponsorship rides. When a ride gets updated a sponsor is paying for all the costs not Disney. That's why universe of energy was removed. Exxons sponsorship was up and didn't want to renew it. Instead of leaving that space empty along with the old wonders pavilion they decided they would put a ride in there.

ToTBellHop

My family used to go in the summer all the time. Last time we went in June of 2022 everyone universally said “never ever again”.

My wife and I went on our honeymoon in November and it was night and day so much easier to just exist than summer time
We actually love summer. It’s stupid hot but the lines are SO SHORT and you don’t need Genie (!) so we just go early, slam down a bunch of rides, and leave after lunch to swim for a few hours. Back in the parks after dinner. It’s a lovely time. Just can’t be out between 12 and 4 or so.

Sectorkeeper71

We actually love summer. It’s stupid hot but the lines are SO SHORT and you don’t need Genie (!) so we just go early, slam down a bunch of rides, and leave after lunch to swim for a few hours. Back in the parks after dinner. It’s a lovely time. Just can’t be out between 12 and 4 or so.
Our go to was always something similar, the issue is we were going when it was still super crowded and hotter than hell, so it was a no win proposition.

If you dangle the short waits and being able to take a mid-day nap without the FoMo that goes along with the high crowds, you *may* be able to tempt me

My wife though? Probably not 😂

ToTBellHop

Our go to was always something similar, the issue is we were going when it was still super crowded and hotter than hell, so it was a no win proposition.

If you dangle the short waits and being able to take a mid-day nap without the FoMo that goes along with the high crowds, you *may* be able to tempt me

My wife though? Probably not 😂
Our hatred of Genie is strong enough to go each August!

Eric Graham

Don't know how well-known this is, but the composer (Paul Leonard Morgan) did the soundtrack for a movie called Limitless, and it sounds uncannily like Test Track 2.0 interior music. There are a few tracks on the soundtrack that have this feel.

Wait, do you mean the Bradley Cooper Limitless or the Chris Hemsworth Limitless. I was hoping for a sequel of the Bradley Cooper Limitless movie but they only did a TV show of it...I've always wondered why movies have very similar names for movies...It's very confusing...

DisneyCane

I hope with 3.0 they either lean more into the EV aspect or lean into a romanticized retro car journey. The concept art with the forest gives vibes for both, so we’ll see.

Love the current soundtrack, but now that we have real Tron, might be time to pivot.

A smooth car ride with classic oldies playing throughout would really lend itself to a chill, fun experience.
It can be done kind of like WoM and go back in history to start and then end up with the EV future that allows you to take a high speed loop outside.

DisneyCane

It’s interesting how many of us say, “really, Test Track again?” when honestly, all of the (old) Future World pavilions should be updated this often. I wonder what Chevrolet finds so rewarding about this partnership when so many other sponsors have come and gone. Are they really selling that many cars due to the post-show?
In 2005 I purchased a Chevy Avalanche after seeing it in the post show. If not for the (then GM) sponsorship, I would have replaced my F150 with an expiring lease with another F150 for sure. I don't know how many sales they get from the sponsorship but having the vehicle showroom is much better advertising than some signs or something like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom