News Test Track to be reimagined

Animaniac93-98

If only there was some other pavilion in Future World East to compensate for Test Track's closure.

Maybe something inside, like a big dome, that wouldn't close during a thunderstorm

Maybe a thing with not just one ride, but some shows too, for those that aren't tall enough or get motion sickness

Maybe with something to keep kids active if they want to run off some steam

Something with healthier food options as well

IDK, just throwing it out there...

granfiesta

As someone who always skipped the Design Studio portion of TT 2.0, I'll be glad to see it go. I hope that the new version can have a preshow of some sort more akin to the original. That was really fun and they could probably put in some nods to World of Motion in there.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I love the Design Studio portion but I don't think it should be "required" to get on the attraction...a separate area...like they have at the exit, honestly, is fine.

The other issue is that a lot of the screens never update during the ride anyway, so you never really see proper info about how your design is doing anyway until you get off of the ride.

PREMiERdrum

I love the Design Studio portion but I don't think it should be "required" to get on the attraction...a separate area...like they have at the exit, honestly, is fine.

The other issue is that a lot of the screens never update during the ride anyway, so you never really see proper info about how your design is doing anyway until you get off of the ride.
We rode last week, and only one screen in the entire attraction displayed my girls' creation.

The screen at the reentry ramp as atrocious burn-in as well. Scrap the whole lot of them.

fgmnt

“It is difficult to get Disney to understand something when their ILL revenue depends on them not understanding it.”
― Upton Sinclair if he'd visited EPCOT
I’ve been of the mind that there is more money to be made in the epcot food and drink booths with Guardians VQ. Gets people in the park and buying high margin treats while they wait for their call time.

UNCgolf

I've never been on Test Track 2.0. I've only been at WDW a handful of times since it was changed and never bothered with it. I don't really remember why, but I assume it's because I had FP+ for other attractions instead and didn't think TT 2.0 looked interesting enough to wait an hour to ride. Now I'll never experience it!

And I can't say I feel like I missed anything, so I'm excited to see how this new version turns out.

Do we have any inside information on what exactly they're planning to do? They must already know if it's closing so soon.

SplashJacket

We are so back baby!
IMG_1827.jpeg

mikejs78

Premium Member
I'd imagine the customized car feature will be removed? Would prefer they just use that space for additional queuing space instead of putting people out in the sun.

I know that this part of TT is much maligned, and I don't disagree with that mindset in principle. But I do know my kids will be devastated. TT is one of their favorite rides, and they *love* the design studio. At least we will be able to go on it one more time since we will be there in a little more than a week.

I don't often agree with you, but in this case, you're spot on.

SplashJacket

I hope with 3.0 they either lean more into the EV aspect or lean into a romanticized retro car journey. The concept art with the forest gives vibes for both, so we’ll see.

Love the current soundtrack, but now that we have real Tron, might be time to pivot.

A smooth car ride with classic oldies playing throughout would really lend itself to a chill, fun experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom