Test Track refurb???

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yeah I see pictures of the old queue and you could see the windows. I think either lowered the queue ceiling or covered them because when I went in I turned around and looked for them but couldn't see them
The 1998 queue ceiling was the ceiling of the old rotunda. The lounge was still above the ceiling. All they did was add windows and doors to enclose the original exposed entrance hall (the bit with the spiral ride track) below the lounge level.

The Empress Lilly

Speaking of the notion of interactivity with the attractions as a whole, this is where it will be interesting to see how things shake up long-term. Taking out personal opinions about the redo of Test Track, one of the greatest things of "classic" DL and WDW attractions was that you were immersed in an environment where you were essentially taken into a story and you got to experience it all the while not having to actually do anything except enjoy it. Nearly everything at WDW now has to have some interactive element and while I understand the concept of making a queue way more enjoyable for kids because they're downright boring for kids (and adults many times), but the need to make us an interactive part of so many attractions, that's interesting. I like the idea of sitting back in an omnimover and just watching the show.

Maybe it's not so much about a lack of attention span of today's guests, maybe it's more about the narcissistic personality that so many have today. They have to be part of the action, just like they have to scream from the rooftops about everything in their life on Facebook or Twitter (not putting them down because I like them, but you know what I'm trying to say) along with the need for 15 minutes of fame on some "reality" show. People are so full of themselves today that maybe Disney is just giving the collective guests what they really want, to seem important, and part of the show. The last thing I want to do is watch myself on a screen on SSE, but I digress....
Please do, please do digress some more. I'm loving it!

disneyeater

I wonder if they keep the lights off up there or adjusted them in a way not to bleed into the ride. It is really dark now so it probably will be harder to see stuff. But I bet if lights are on up there you still might be able to see. Although it was really easy in 1.0 being a lit warehouse

I never really found it easy to see in 1.0. It was still fairly dark when viewed from the lounge despite not seeming that way when you are on the ride. The much better view was on the other side watching the cars fly by at high speed and seeing much of Epcot from those windows.

232323232%7Ffp54433%3Enu%3D7%3B75%3E6%3C4%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3A7%3B9%3B5%3A4348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp5439%3B%3Enu%3D7%3B75%3E6%3C4%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3A7%3B9%3B5%3A5348nu0mrj

R W B

I've been stuck in the lobby of the Design Studio, right before you enter the room to design your car for about 25 minutes now. From what I'm over hearing from people in business attire, not just the college age ride operators is that the area right after the design studio and further are clogged up with too many guests. I assume that's flow problems??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom