Test Track refurb???

celluloid

I am predicting within six months to a year that the newness will have worn off for most people and the design process will be simplified to just choosing out of options of each category to become more user friendly and and shorten the waits.

Clamman73

Now, on to the ride itself... At first, it was simply exciting to see the familiar Test Track "track" with completely new window dressing. A lot of that excitement comes from comparing what it looked like before to now. Now that that newness has worn off for me, I feel the visuals are just a bit lacking. One thing I'd like to point out is that the ride looks amazing in the POV videos because they are darker than the track actually is. In reality, you can still clearly see the walls and, while it does still look very pretty and nice, it is not as convincing as the POV videos show. Stuff like the laser grid trees springing up and the new laser grid truck are very cool... but there could have been more of that. The three environment chambers are definitely the weakest part. The first room is either supposed to, or needs to, have fog in it so you can actually see the laser beams scanning your vehicle. The second room needs actual strong wind blowing at the car to match the visuals in the mirror. The third room doesn't even interact with your car in any way. And then there's of course the outside loop, which is unchanged and lacking any onboard audio.

With just watching videos, I agree with your assessment...In the environmental chambers there needs to be a sensory feedback like they had before with hot and cold, and your suggestions for the current ride sound good. Also, having a certain smell in areas that associate with the ride, like we all enjoy on other attractions.

Is there absolutely going to be no audio on the outside loop? I don't think I've heard any on any of the videos. Would be cool if they just add the new TT music at least.

True about the design process...Just needs to be pick a particular shape of vehicle out of four choices, pick an engine, pick type of tires, etc and get onto the ride.

celluloid

There is a fog machine of some sort spraying a thin fog mist in the laser scene, but it is not dispersing enough or doing the job. You can actually see it as the vehicle on some POV's arrive into the scene.

The fact that they could not stick a fan of some sort up in the dark ceiling for the Wind Tunnel Aerodynamic testing themed scene is absolutely pathetic.

ExtinctJenn

Unfortunately...
2012-12-05
Is it possible maybe that because that was on 12/3 and the "official" opening wasn't until today that the FPs will have the new logo today/tomorrow?

ebof1023

so does anyone know what the average guest feedback is? i know that was a big concern that the average person may not like this

WDWBryan

Love that model.

One thing I don't get is the windows below the lounge when in world of motion days that was open space. Did they build a second floor or something below when they created test track?

Tom Morrow

Love that model.

One thing I don't get is the windows below the lounge when in world of motion days that was open space. Did they build a second floor or something below when they created test track?
No, they just enclosed that area and it became the main part of the queue with a high ceiling. In TT1.0, the windows allowed you to see the cars speeding by from inside, but now I think they are blacked out.

ExtinctJenn

No, they just enclosed that area and it became the main part of the queue with a high ceiling. In TT1.0, the windows allowed you to see the cars speeding by from inside, but now I think they are blacked out.
I think you're right based on other reports I've seen. I wonder if the windows from the lounge are blacked out now too or if it still offers the viewing area down into the attraction itself? Anyone know?

Tom Morrow

I think you're right based on other reports I've seen. I wonder if the windows from the lounge are blacked out now too or if it still offers the viewing area down into the attraction itself? Anyone know?
Not sure if they're blacked out, but you can no longer see them from on the ride.

WDWBryan

Yeah I see pictures of the old queue and you could see the windows. I think either lowered the queue ceiling or covered them because when I went in I turned around and looked for them but couldn't see them

WDWBryan

I wonder if they keep the lights off up there or adjusted them in a way not to bleed into the ride. It is really dark now so it probably will be harder to see stuff. But I bet if lights are on up there you still might be able to see. Although it was really easy in 1.0 being a lit warehouse

ExtinctJenn

I wonder if they keep the lights off up there or adjusted them in a way not to bleed into the ride. It is really dark now so it probably will be harder to see stuff. But I bet if lights are on up there you still might be able to see. Although it was really easy in 1.0 being a lit warehouse
Actually that's a good point. With how dark the attraction itself is, you'd probably have to have the lights off in the room to see into it to begin with (let alone to prevent being able to see the lights from the attraction). Maybe that's the deal? No more lights in that part of the lounge. One can hope. The company I work for has a relationship with GM and I've been thinking of seeing if that means I can wiggle my way in. LOL! :D

JEANYLASER

It's tonight the reopening of the new Test Track? Inside the magic tell me that it will be start at 7:00 pm! please tell me that is correct or incorrect?:confused:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It's tonight the reopening of the new Test Track? Inside the magic tell me that it will be start at 7:00 pm! please tell me that is correct or incorrect?:confused:
It has been open for the last few days, but will the grand opening dedication will be tonight. It is not open to guests during that event.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom