Terrorists in Florida?

Tramp

Original Poster
Happening right now!

Police believe they have thwarted a terrorist attack in Florida when they stopped two cars on I-75 between Naples and Miami (Aligator Alley).

Bomb sniffing dogs responded positively to the cars for the presence of explosives...

The three men are being detained. A 20 mile stretch of the highway has been closed and a 3500 foot no-fly zone has been established over the area.

The cars were stopped early this morning after an all points bulletin had been issued when a Georgia waitress reported that the men had been talking about an attack, overheard saying that Americans wept on 9/11 and would weep again on September 13th in Miami.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Tramp
Happening right now!

Police believe they have thwarted a terrorist attack in Florida when they stopped two cars on I-75 between Naples and Miami (Aligator Alley).

Bomb sniffing dogs responded positively to the cars for the presence of explosives...

The three men are being detained. A 20 mile stretch of the highway has been closed and a 3500 foot no-fly zone has been established over the area.

The cars were stopped early this morning after an all points bulletin had been issued when a Georgia waitress reported that the men had been talking about an attack, overheard saying that Americans wept on 9/11 and would weep again on September 13th in Miami.

All I can say is this...it's a good thing these things are being stopped BEFORE they happen.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Watching the news conference on it now.....lovely....very litte specific info about these 3 guys stopped on I-75 shortly after mid-night.....

cars tested positvive for some acclerant or explosive...thru bomb sniffing dogs.

Tramp

Original Poster
Originally posted by DMC-12
Watching the news conference on it now.....lovely....very litte specific info about these 3 guys stopped on I-75 shortly after mid-night.....

cars tested positvive for some acclerant or explosive...thru bomb sniffing dogs.

...apparently, they have found some sort of 'triggering' device, something the average tourist doesn't carry...:lol:

...They've gotta be concerned where they've been between the time they left Calhoun, Ga. about 10:50 am yesterday til the time they were pulled over this morning...

...a patron of the restaurant was the person who reported them...her name is Eunice Stone....and was just interviewed on Fox...sounds very normal, not a wacko.

DMC-12

Originally posted by Tramp

...a patron of the restaurant was the person who reported them...her name is Eunice Stone....and was just interviewed on Fox...sounds very normal, not a wacko.

Apparently they are all of middle eastern decent....one is 5'10 200lbs 20-30 yrs old..more details coming in.....

They are from Illinois *gulp*:eek: they are here legally and one of the cars looks to be a hunter green Honda Prelude....oh..and they Like Shoney's :hurl: :lol:

On the triggering device...the bomb squad is checking out the Honda Prelude now...

I wish I could make out there liscense plate ... cause I would call a *cough* friend....and get more info...:)

DMC-12

They blew right past the toll booth on I-75...and shortly there after they snagged them....and shut I-75 down

MajinBuu

What I find funny is that these guys were so stupid!!! They can't be Al-Queida(SP?). If it wasn't for that woman who overheard them talking about it in a PUBLIC place like that, who knows what might have been going on in Miami. And I heard they got pulled over for SPEEDING?? Is that right? And I thought it was Allagator Alley... not I-75.:confused:

dopey

What in Miami could they blow up? A cruise ship? Ballot boxes? Flamingos? Seriously, what's there that a terrorist would want to target?

RobFL

Account Suspended
Alligator Alley is a segment of I-75 that runs East/West in south Florida. The road typically runs North/South through the rest of the state, including my own little town here in Tampa.

-Rob

mwitkus

i'm glad they caught them but i have to be honest that this doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about my upcoming trip to disney.. i'm leaving in 2 weeks... i hope things are calm by then...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom