Terminator terminated.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
It is official. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles was officially added to the FOX Sci fi show body count. A body count which includes shows like Firefly, Space Above and Beyond, Sliders and Alien Nation yet shows like Dollhouse live on.:shrug: I'll be the first to admit that T:SCC had some issues but the last season finished with a really interesting plot twist that I would have loved to see said twist play out. Hopefully another network will pick it up (ie Sliders being picked up by Sci Fi) and at least conclude the third season.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/terminator-the-sarah-connor-chronicles/terminator-the-sarah-connor-ch-28766.aspx

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Booo... yeah I read about this yesterday. :(

Bummer... figures.. one of the TV shows I actually really really like... they kill it. :lol::shrug::(

WDWFREAK53

How could they end it like that?!?!?!?! Man...that bums me out. It actually makes me kinda mad because I invested the time...got interested...and BAM...no ending...no solution...nothing. What was the point?

Did the new movie have anything to do with it being cancelled?

Maybe part of it was due to the storylines not "meshing" with each other.

(And...more importantly...where the heck am I going to get my Summer Glau fix?!?!?!?)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
How could they end it like that?!?!?!?! Man...that bums me out. It actually makes me kinda mad because I invested the time...got interested...and BAM...no ending...no solution...nothing. What was the point?

Did the new movie have anything to do with it being cancelled?

Maybe part of it was due to the storylines not "meshing" with each other.

(And...more importantly...where the heck am I going to get my Summer Glau fix?!?!?!?)
They did the same thing with Space: Above and Beyond. They ended with a major cliff hanger then canceled the show.

Number_6

I wouldn't be surprised if you got your Summer Glau fix on Dollhouse sometime next season. Joss loves pulling people in that he's worked with before. Plus since the "November" character on Dollhouse has been sent back to her regular life, they'll need a new "November" anyway.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
There is a LOT of potential for a season 3. I mean.. in this alternate future... no one knew who John Connor was. Crazy!

He could try to find a way to get back to the present and fix that... or he could sick around and they would all call him crazy.. lol.

I mean... there is just so many ways they could of ran with it.

EpcotServo

"Another classic Science Fiction show, tragically canceled before it's time."
-Bender

I did not like this show at all, but since your in grieving about it I'll refrain from commenting on that Dollhouse remark or the downfall of American Television.

:animwink:

imagineer boy

Season 3 started off great with the T-1000 lady killing all the people in that factory which was awesome, but after that I thought the show lost its momentum greatly. All the later episodes basically consisted of random flashbacks to the future and it seemed like Cameron was hardly in the show anymore.

Its too bad really. :shrug:

WDWFREAK53

Season 3 started off great with the T-1000 lady killing all the people in that factory which was awesome, but after that I thought the show lost its momentum greatly. All the later episodes basically consisted of random flashbacks to the future and it seemed like Cameron was hardly in the show anymore.

Its too bad really. :shrug:

Whoa...my eyes just went crossed.

They flashbacked to the future? Wouldn't that cause a paradox in the space/time continuum? :lol:

WDWFREAK53

Oh you know what I mean. :lol:

I know what you mean...and you were exactly right. You didn't say anything wrong...it just sounded extremely weird.

(It was a flashback to the future because they came from the future and they flashed back to their life when they were in the future).

Number_6

It is official. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles was officially added to the FOX Sci fi show body count. A body count which includes shows like Firefly, Space Above and Beyond, Sliders and Alien Nation yet shows like Dollhouse live on.

In fairness, Sliders had three seasons on FOX before going to Sci-Fi. But yeah, I do agree that Firefly and Space Above and Beyond definitely went before they should have.

As for Dollhouse being renewed and TTSCC not, it came down to money. After airing the 12 episodes of Dollhouse, Joss brought the filmed, but not aired, 13th episode to the network. The 13th episode was filmed when they had almost no money to work with and turned out a quality episode, something that made the network happy. What made FOX even happier, was that 20th Century Television said they would be willing to take on a higher amount of the overall production cost themselves, meaning that FOX could spend even less themselves. Add to that the DVR numbers and views on Hulu and Fox.com and they found that they would actually be able to make a little money off of Dollhouse. TTSCC on the other hand, requires more effects per episode, which makes it harder to produce a 13 episode season for the same amount they could get Dollhouse for. Dollhouse has some effects, but they can write story that requires a minimal amount of anything more than flashy lights and a couple of blanks for a gun. If all you got was that on Terminator, then the average Terminator fan would probably complain and stop watching. So you need enough of a budget to have a decent amount of effects, especially on future flashes with terminators, HKs and the like running, rolling and flying around.

I'm sorry to see Terminator go, unfortunately I didn't get the chance to really follow it this season. Since I can only watch stuff in the mornings when I have breakfast before getting ready for work, or in the evenings when I might not have the time to, I had to limit my viewing of things and missed out on a couple of shows. I would have used the end of things like 24, Chuck, Heroes and Castle to finally catch up a bit, but now I'm not sure I want to do that unless someone else picks up Terminator. I don't want to get invested in the characters further and then get the rug pulled out.

imagineer boy

Speaking of Terminator, anyone planning on seeing Terminator Salvation? I'm seeing it in a few minuites, but so far the reviews haven't been too good.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Speaking of Terminator, anyone planning on seeing Terminator Salvation? I'm seeing it in a few minuites, but so far the reviews haven't been too good.
I'll be checking it out this weekend. The reviews have not been good but I never let that sway me. These days it seems like people go to movies just looking for problems and things to complain about. I am not expecting a Lord of the Rings, WALL-E, or Star Trek style masterpiece I just want to sit in a theater for a couple of hours and watch some stuff blow up. If there is a good story to go along with it, great, if not no big deal.

Gucci65

I'll be checking it out this weekend. The reviews have not been good but I never let that sway me. These days it seems like people go to movies just looking for problems and things to complain about. I am not expecting a Lord of the Rings, WALL-E, or Star Trek style masterpiece I just want to sit in a theater for a couple of hours and watch some stuff blow up. If there is a good story to go along with it, great, if not no big deal.

Me too! It's an short escape from reality.

When I was going thru my divorce years ago, I went to see all the slasher movies. Can't explain why, but those put me in a good mood:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom