Terminated

Pixiedust1393

Original Poster
Any advice on how NOT to get terminated during the college program?

What I have heard so far:
-No underaged drinking.
-No stealing signs from Disney property.
-No calling off from work to go to the parks.

Feel free to add to the list!:wave:

figmentmom

Use common sense, and follow the rules that Disney sets! A positive attitude and willingness to work hard will get you far further than a list of don'ts. :animwink:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Don't be stupid, don't do stupid things

Seriously, it's pretty hard to get termed as long as you follow the rules.

disneygoof1

I don't know if your of age to buy alcohol, but if you are, don't buy alcohol for your minor roomates. That happened to one of my roomates in 03, he got caught buying alcohol at the store by walgreens close to Vista way, where I stayed. He was caught by a rep, and he was fired on the spot, even had to move out and leave that same night. So just don't be stupid!

WDWKat26

Correction to the "No calling in and going to the parks" thing.

There are a few types of call-in's but the most common are Call Personal and Call Sick. If you call Sick and go to the park and get busted, then you can get fired. However, if you call Personal, that is your personal day to do whatever you want, including going to the parks. For example, if you have family in town and want to go to the parks with them, but you have to work, you'd call personal, not call sick, so you can still join them in the parks.

Courtney488

Correction to the "No calling in and going to the parks" thing.

There are a few types of call-in's but the most common are Call Personal and Call Sick. If you call Sick and go to the park and get busted, then you can get fired. However, if you call Personal, that is your personal day to do whatever you want, including going to the parks. For example, if you have family in town and want to go to the parks with them, but you have to work, you'd call personal, not call sick, so you can still join them in the parks.

Good to know...I was actually wondering about that since my family is planning on coming down about halfway through the program to visit.

kb57678

I had two roommates call in personal on a holiday and then go to the parks. One was terminated the very next day but the other one slipped through the cracks. So I would avoid doing that also!

Pixiedust1393

Original Poster
With all the Cpers and all the people in WDW, I'm amazed how they find out stuff! Especially about the people finding out if they went into the parks. Do they find out because they use their I.D. to get in the parks?

In all honesty I'm not trying to do anything bad. I'm not trying to see what all I can get away with, I just don't want to do something that can cause me to get terminated since I plan on doing a Professional Internship later on. I'm only 17 (turn 18 in Aug!), I wouldn't drink and they upped the age limit to 21 for PI so I couldn't get in*, but what about clubs outside Disney property? Do they care if you go to a club to dance or w/e? Do they keep track of you outside Disney property?

*To get into PI you can be 18 right? You just can't get into the actual clubs?

sum41914

Its free no matter what age to get into PI. Going into clubs is 21+ (as of January), the only clubs you can get into now (18+) are Comedy Warehouse and the Adventurers Club.

-Sum

figmentmom

With all the Cpers and all the people in WDW, I'm amazed how they find out stuff! Especially about the people finding out if they went into the parks. Do they find out because they use their I.D. to get in the parks?

In all honesty I'm not trying to do anything bad. I'm not trying to see what all I can get away with, I just don't want to do something that can cause me to get terminated since I plan on doing a Professional Internship later on. I'm only 17 (turn 18 in Aug!), I wouldn't drink and they upped the age limit to 21 for PI so I couldn't get in*, but what about clubs outside Disney property? Do they care if you go to a club to dance or w/e? Do they keep track of you outside Disney property?

*To get into PI you can be 18 right? You just can't get into the actual clubs?

I didn't think you were! :animwink: It's just that breaking the rules and potentially getting caught is simply NOT worth it. And, as Joanna already posted, you can request days off in advance. :wave:

pluto77

I had two roommates call in personal on a holiday and then go to the parks. One was terminated the very next day but the other one slipped through the cracks. So I would avoid doing that also!
Well if it was a holiday maybe he got in trouble because there's some holidays and events when cast members aren't supposed be in there for free. :shrug: I called in personal once to go to the parks with my family and didn't get in any kind of trouble.

pluto77

Don't buy a sword in one of the parks (or anywhere else for that matter) and have it shipped to your apartment. (That really happened, and he got termed)

If you work food & beverage don't admit to eating/stealing any food when a manager asks. Even if you admit that you may have eated one thing you will probably be out.

Don't try to sneak anyone in who doesn't live in your apartment complex after the time they're not supposed to be in there.

If someone in your apartment does get caught drinking underage (or doing something else illegal) or gets told on then you will probably be questioned. Just tell them truth, you should have nothing to worry about if you did nothing wrong, but if you lie for you room mates that's a bad thing. I got questioned when two of my room mates got terminated (which the first security officer that questioned me was a jerk!) but since I didn't have anything to do with it, I was fine.

Figment82

Don't show up to work with tequila on your breath (we lost 2 people that way, but they did a couple other things to that led to their removal).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom