Teppanyaki Refurb going slow, not going to reopen until October

blappin

Thank goodness for this board. My wife and I will down there Spet 22 - 29 and had ADR for Sept 22 at 8:45pm. I called about 1 week ago about this and the CM told me that everything was still on schedule. Today I called just to make sure and the CM told me that it was not going to be open until Oct 14th. Thank goodness I was able to get ADR for Rose & Crown for 7:40pm. Everyone with vacations until Oct 14th and have ADR's for Teppanyaki need to call and change them NOW!!!

Disneyfalcon

We decided to make a back up plan for September 24 and we made ressies at Morrocco also. We seem to be in the minority, but I heard it's wonderful, lol! I guess we're definately eating there now!

I had thought we were safe for our reservations at first since ours were in October, but after reading JP's post, I called Dining and they put me through to someone that was handling these reservations and they were able to get me reservations for Le Cellier instead :) and special seating for Illuminations :) I'm so excited about that because we've never seen it. They were really nice and took their time with me to make sure we had replacement dining that we wanted, not just having to take whatever was available. We'll just try Japan next trip.

italyct23

I just experienced the same outcome as Ms. Tinkerbell and I am ecstatic!! When I called to book my ADR's 5 months ago, I couldn't get into Le Cellier so I booked Teppanyaki at 8:15pm which wasn't a great time for me due to Illuminations. When I found out about Teppanyaki being closed during my ADR, I called my travel agent and she looked into it. She confirmed the closure and said Disney would call me within 24-48 hours. I never received a call so she called them again. This time she got put through to a special line and got us booked at Le Cellier for 7pm with a special voucher to go to the reserved viewing area at the entrance to World Showcase at 8:30pm for the 9pm Illuminations show! I was so excited. She said that Disney apologized for the inconvenience and this was there way of making it up to us.

I have no idea how we could get booked at Le Cellier with such short notice but I will take it.

Another example of Disney turning something unfortunate into something magical.

If you are curious, the viewing area is the one between Canada and Mexico near Mouse Gear that looks like a sunken courtyard. Seems like a great viewing location.

-Mike

dhcalva

I just experienced the same outcome as Ms. Tinkerbell and I am ecstatic!!

Me too. They got us into France though (never eaten there before). As well as reserved viewing for Illuminations.

If you are curios, the viewing area is the one between Canada and Mexico near Mouse Gear that looks like a sunken courtyard. Seems like a great viewing location.

Wouldn't ANY viewing location be between Canda and Mexico though?

Disneyfalcon

Well I changed my ressies to Morrocco and asked about the preferred seating but the guy I spoke with said he hadn't heard about anything like that. :(

That's okay we're excited about trying Morrocco!

Figment82

If you are curios, the viewing area is the one between Canada and Mexico near Mouse Gear that looks like a sunken courtyard. Seems like a great viewing location.

That's nowhere close to Mouse Gear - you're thinking of the two Towers/Port of Entry shops (the small brown buildings). It's a great spot - one of my favorites.

Have a great time! :)

WEDisney

Our reservation was for Tuesday September 18, 2007. For that night we couldn't get another dinner in Epcot other than MARRAKESH RESTAURANT. Unable to get Le Cellier on any night during our trip.

I'll be there from August 20th - 28th and again from Sept 5th-25th and still no luck on Le Cellier. I usually book at 180 days out but didn't this time. My own fault :(

SallyShine

When I realized Mitsukoshi wasn't going to be open for our 10/2 adr, I called WDW Dining. I explained the situation and they transfered me to someone that was handling the rescheduling for people with reservations at Mitsukoshi. He explained that they had access to adr's that he didn't. To make a long story short, I was able to get Le Cellier on 10/2 at 6:00. I had been trying to get Le Cellier for weeks but settled for Mitsukoshi. To say I was excited was an understatement. The cherry on top was when he asked if we would like to view Illuminations from the VIP area that evening. This was a "we're sorry for the inconvenience" gift to us. I love WDW!

Jimmy Thick

Disney called me as well, as I had 4 ADRs for Teppanyaki. Disney was great about the set back, and offered me ADR's pretty much anywhere I wanted, along with a free room upgrade and VIP viewing for Illuminations and Wishes.

While not eating at Japan will suck, I think I'll live.:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom