Teppanyaki Refurb going slow, not going to reopen until October

WDWEric

I never realized the type of dining teppanyaki was. I love Mongolian Barbeque and this sounds pretty similar. Do they put on a great show there. I will def. be getting an ADR when we are there in Dec. 08 (hopefully they are finished by then)

summergirl32

In my opinion, Morroco has one of the best restaurants in World Showcase. Before I tried it, I thought I wouldn't like it either but trust me, it is great. Now I have to go there everytime I visit. If you are hesitant about it, give it a shot. If you don't like, just don't go back.

jmuboy

The detail, theme, entertainment and decor at the Restaurant Marakesh in morocco is GREAT. I just dont prefer the type if food they serve. I'm a little too picky.

cymbaldiva

Disney called me as well, as I had 4 ADRs for Teppanyaki. Disney was great about the set back, and offered me ADR's pretty much anywhere I wanted, along with a free room upgrade and VIP viewing for Illuminations and Wishes.

While not eating at Japan will suck, I think I'll live.:ROFLOL:

Wow - that's the first I've heard of any getting a free room upgrade because of this

Disney called me as well, as I had 4 ADRs for Teppanyaki. Disney was great about the set back, and offered me ADR's pretty much anywhere I wanted, along with a free room upgrade and VIP viewing for Illuminations and Wishes.

After reading this I thought to myself, "I doubt Disney will end up calling me...." but sure enough they did just a little while ago! They apologized to me that Teppanyaki would not be open in time for my reservation so they found me a dinner reservation at Le Cellier (yay!!) and got me priority seating for Illuminations on a night of my choice. Ok, I forgive them. :lol:

kennyj29

My girl at small world travel called me immediately about the closure and we got the Coral Reef reservations with the Illuminations special seating. Thank goodness for Small World.......they are the best!!!!

rcapolete

Was caught completely by suprise at what was happening. I wasn't even looking for anything, realisticly i was thinking of cancelling this reservation anyway because i don't think my kids would have sat through this one. But hey anything for free is good. Also i already have a perferred room at the Pop so not much they could have done there.

Douglas Bray

Original Poster
On the weekend I finally got my call from Disney to say that there was no way that we would get to eat at Teppanyaki on September 18. They were able to get us a reservation for LeCellier for 5:40 plus admission to the viewing area for the fireworks at Epcot that night as well. I thought that was a neat trick as I have been calling daily to try and get a reservation for dinner at LeCellier with no luck.

If anybody else is interested this morning I cancelled our Lunch at LeCellier for three on Friday September 21 @ 2:10pm.

With any luck on our next trip down we will get to eat in Japan and Italy again.

blappin

I changed my ADR about a week ago to the Rose & Crown, then today a CM called me and said that they were sorry about me having to make the change that they would have a VIP packet waiting for me at the Rose & Crown for VIP seating for Illuminations. That was great of them and very shocking since I had already changed the ADR.

jmvd20

I never realized the type of dining teppanyaki was. I love Mongolian Barbeque and this sounds pretty similar. Do they put on a great show there. I will def. be getting an ADR when we are there in Dec. 08 (hopefully they are finished by then)

The Teppanyaki is one of our favorite places to eat at WDW and is on our must do list each year. I highly recommend trying it out, especially if you like the way the food will be cooked and served. I would say that most of the chefs there are great at keeping the table entertained but as is the case in anything else, some are better than others.

The food is very good and they have items for anyones taste. Overall out of the 10-15 times we have been there we have never had a bad experience. I hope your experience is the same as ours have been should you try it out!

Capt. Jack

Ok, no offence, i'm not calling you a "liar" or whatever, but they gave you a Room Upgrade? That's a bit retarded or MUCH for a restaraunt going through a refurb. I could understand them giving you the VIP viewing for Illuminations however, but Wishes aswell? That's in Magic Kingdom, having nothing to even do with restaraunts or whatever in Epcot.

Ok, no offence, i'm not calling you a "liar" or whatever, but they gave you a Room Upgrade? That's a bit retarded or MUCH for a restaraunt going through a refurb. I could understand them giving you the VIP viewing for Illuminations however, but Wishes aswell? That's in Magic Kingdom, having nothing to even do with restaraunts or whatever in Epcot.

Must admit I thought the same thing. Glad someone's asking :lol:

Disney call today about our adr for Sept.22. We are now in for LeCellier at 6:30 and they offered us the Illuminations viewing as well. I wonder how far into September they are cancelling?

SANDKRUSER

They called me on Monday-8/20 for my reservations set for 9/21. I knew it was probably coming but acted disappointed:animwink: Anyways, the nice young man asked me where I would want to eat and I said, if we couldn't eat at Teppanyaki, we've always wanted to eat at Coral Reef - he said no problem and got us in! That's interesting as I had been trying for weeks to get into the Coral Reef at any evening service and was told "no openings" anytime during the 2 weeks we were there. I guess they must block some just for instances like this. We got VIP seating for Illuminations too. So, if we can't eat at Teppanyaki - we're happy about being able to go to the Coral Reef.

3 weeks left!!!:sohappy: :sohappy:

donaldfan

Does anywhere know where the VIP IllumiNations viewing area is. I read over on MousePlanet that it would be World Showcase plaza. I really hope not -- that's my favorite place to watch my favorite show. :cry:

Is anyone going in mid-October, who was affected by this who does not want their VIP passes? I'll treat you to a few F&W marketplace items :kiss:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom