Teppanyaki Refurb going slow, not going to reopen until October

romiti

Wow -- thanks for the heads up -- looks like we'll have to try to find something else. Hopefully there will still be availability at some of the other TS restaurants during our trip (8/26-9/2). Anyone know if any other TS restaurants will be closed during the Free Dining Promotion?

Unplugged

I also recommend looking into dining at Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Swan or Dolphin. Lots of options between those 5 hotels and all have some really great places to eat.

For any newbies...these are all in the EPCOT resort area. Thus, you can walk out the back entrence to EPCOT (between France and UK), walk or boat to the resort, then come back for fireworks. We got stuffed by all those "free dining plan'ers" last year in September and ended up eating at resorts every night. No complaints as we do that often anyway to get better and quieter meals. We typically book most meals but took our 1 year old and wanted to play it by ear for his sake not knowing about the free plans that hosed up the system. Nothing against folks taking advantage of it, it was the over selling of it that Disney did that messed things up.

Point being, good recommendation on the EPCOT resort locals. Be warned though...they are more expensive in many cases and will require "plan'ers" to use 2 meals for some places.

MythBuster

I just called Disney and they said that a delay until October has not been confirmed yet. They said Teppanyaki is scheduled to open Sept. 15th. Of course, that could still change but that's the word I got as of 10 min. ago.

They better start working a lot of overtime then, because it doesn't even look half finished. They even finished the addition yet, I mean building it, just still a lot of concrete block

Disneyfalcon

We have ressies for 16 on September 24th so this makes me worried! It's not like we can just walk in anywhere and get seating for 16.

kybred72

I have a backup ressie for Chefs de France but would prefer to eat Japanese on Sept 22. When I called dining today, was told they had a reopen date of Sept 16 and that they are not taking new ressies at this time and recommended that I try again closer to the reopen date.

What was wrong with Teppanyaki anyway? Is it just for structural refurb? Or is a complete overhaul, menu, ownership (if it's not Disney owned), etc?

kverdon

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! for posting this! We (wife and I)had an ADR at Tepanyaki for Sept 6th at 8pm with the intention of watching Illuminations. We called this eve and the first person we talked to said the only avail Rest was 9 Dragons :brick: YUCK!!! I got to talk to a supervisor and she eventually agreed to give us a reservation for 3 for the Rose and Crown at 8pm. My wife was in the background playing "bad cop" while I was on the phone playing "good cop". We did say we'd try to find a 3rd for the reservation :rolleyes: . (So if anyone needs a single ressie for Sept 6th let us know....:) ) I would STRONLY advise anyone with resies for Japan in Sept to get on the phone NOW or you'll not have much, if any, choice for a table service meal. You may have to "invent" a few more members of your party to get a table now as parties of 2 are pretty much a no-go. Good Luck and Good Eats!

Kevin and Mona

Just called again this morning and Disney is still sticking to the Sept. 15th re-open date. However, I'm not gonna sit back and wait. I'll have other reservations somewhere else in case Disney pushes it back to October. Get this - I asked Disney what they would do if hypothetically the re-open date was indeed pushed back to October. I was told that since there are so many reservations that would be affected that we would not be notified individually and that they "would do what they could" to get us reservations someplace else. Translation - "If we (Disney) messed up and mislead our guests with the re-opening date, we won't contact you directly and you'll just have to book somewhere else. Gee, sorry."

crassmonkey

I don't get it. When I called them last week, they confirmed the original post that the refurb would be going until Oct., the CM even said it had been made official the day before. I wonder why they are saying that it will be open on time.
Oh well, I canceled my res. and moved it to another place, so just to be safe, I'm sticking to that!

JPVonDrake

Officially...

The restaurant is currently scheduled to re-open Sept 15, 2007. However new reservations are not being accepted until 10/31/07. Read in to that as you will.

cymbaldiva

Officially...

The restaurant is currently scheduled to re-open Sept 15, 2007. However new reservations are not being accepted until 10/31/07. Read in to that as you will.

Now that's funny :ROFLOL:

Our original reservations were scheduled for September 13th. Thank goodness for the boards - we'd have been in dining trouble without the 411.

Thanks ya'll! :wave:

All my pre planning and reservation making months ago and I found out about this today. I hope I can find something else. It is too bad we were really looking forwrd to eating at Japan.:brick:

Well instead of eating at Japan we booked ourselves at Germany. We got a very late time 8:30 PM. They were really pushing Morroco. Anyone eat at Germany before? Do kids like it??

mousefan1972

Slightly off topic... does anyone know if when Teppanyaki (Teppan Edo??) re-opens, will it be part of the dining plan? Thanks much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom