Temporary Huggles

Nemo14

Thanks! We've been talking about it for a while. DD wants to try to drink around the world, so DH will definitely accompany her on that! :lol: I'm hoping that they'll do StarWars weekends for DS since he's a big fan, but otherwise he and I will find something else to do I'm sure.

Good luck with the shopping and cards (buy me something good!):animwink:

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
Hi Dot!
I'm having a great morning. DD came home from college last night :sohappy:, my shopping is done, presents are wrapped, and (ready for this), I just booked a May weekend for the 4 of us to escape to WDW! I'm so excited. We'll be celebrating DD turning 21, DS being done with AP tests, and just being together on a vacation (a rare occurance lately). I'm so happy!!!!

You certainly are having a great morning!
Congratulations on booking the trip! I'm so happy for you! :sohappy:

Dh and I were just discussing how nice it would be for the 4 of us to go to WDW together again. Since the girls are so busy with their own lives (the nerve of them) we don't know when and if that will happen. :(

Anyway, back to you! :lol: Where will you be staying?

Nemo14

Uponastar said:

Dh and I were just discussing how nice it would be for the 4 of us to go to WDW together again. Since the girls are so busy with their own lives (the nerve of them) we don't know when and if that will happen. :(

Our favorite resort is POR, but given the age of the kids (16 and 21), we'll need 2 rooms really, so I booked the Pop Century. DH and I stayed there once before, and it was OK, just not as nice as POR.
Like you, we've found that it's almost impossible to get away with the kids anymore, so I did some planning ahead of time and presented it all to them last night. This gives them plenty of time to adjust their schedules, and both of them are really anxious to go.

speck76

robynchic said:
I'm a perfect example. I'm a cast member, I'm seasonal, AND I started out as a CP...and I'm frustrated...and I have promised myself that I will NOT relieve my frustration while in Orlando (Sorry, boys!)

Why not?

tigsmom

Uponastar said:

I'm actually looking forward to a "hubby & me" trip. :lookaroun

Nemo14

tigsmom said:
We've done a few of those too, and we love them!
I know your kids are a little younger than mine, but, believe me, in a few years, you'll be going through the same thing. It's tough letting go.

Uponastar

tigsmom said:

Oh don't get me wrong, I adore our "hubby & me" trips.
As a matter of fact, I absolutely love the whole "hubby & me" lifestyle. :lol:

But, when the kids are on their own, the time you spend with them becomes more precious. I miss the "just the four of us" times. They don't happen that often.

But, such is life! I love my kids and I adore my husband and I feel blessed for any time I get to spend with any of them, so I'll stop complaining now! :lol:

Anyway, huggles Mad! :wave:
How are you? Christmas getting the best of you, or are you one of those disgustingly organized people who has it all under control? :xmas:

figmentmom

Huggles, all!

Nemo, sounds like your holiday is off to a great start! :sohappy:

It IS hard, letting go of the kids when they get a little older. Sara just got married this past April - to a young man we LOVE - and it's still odd to think of her as a married woman with a life of her own! Jim is still in college, so we're not quite there with him yet, but that time will come.

Nemo14

I'm so psyched about this - we never seem to get time together - just the 4 of us. Then I just found out that due to her outstanding academic record, my daughter's college bill for this semester is $0.00!!!!!(She'll still have her loan payment, but that really isn't very much.).So..... I'm looking into upgrading us to either moderate (POR) or deluxe rooms that weekend!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom