Tell Me Something Good

DaddyDisneyMan

I mean, I agree, and I think it's a situation where there's a really fine line, because I've been told to "go search" the forums, but then on the other side of the coin, nobody likes a five year old thread being bumped for a minor comment. There are usually enough threads rotating within the first few pages that if you actually look, people can find what they're looking for. And there are so many "WHAT IF DISNEY DID X" threads, I can't even.
This is a nice debate we are having b/c we both agree with what each other is saying but we still have our own different views. :) I feel like such an adult. I will call our debate a draw. :p

DfromATX

I understand. But my gripe is, if someone keeps seeing the same thread over and over again just don't respond to it. Long time contributors here have to realize that this forum gains new people everyday and they have the same questions and concerns as the people that posted here weeks, months, years ago. There are only so many topics that can be brought up.

Although I don't think the snarkiness is too bad here, it's the same on other discussion boards. I guess the internet is a cruel world, lol. Before I went on my first cruise, I spent a lot of time on the Carnival boards. People were downright rude there and some of the regulars were such know-it-alls, very condascending to new people. They said the same things and griped at newbies for asking "dumb" questions. New people aren't likely to dig through pages and pages of old posts to find their answers. Besides, some of us just love Disney and enjoy talking about it. I feel like I am learning new things all the time thanks to this website and its regular posters. I'm on here just about every day! I agree though that if people get tired of seeing the same old questions, just move on to the next post. Just my 2 cents...

openendedsky

Although I don't think the snarkiness is too bad here, it's the same on other discussion boards. I guess the internet is a cruel world, lol. Before I went on my first cruise, I spent a lot of time on the Carnival boards. People were downright rude there and some of the regulars were such know-it-alls, very condascending to new people. They said the same things and griped at newbies for asking "dumb" questions. New people aren't likely to dig through pages and pages of old posts to find their answers. Besides, some of us just love Disney and enjoy talking about it. I feel like I am learning new things all the time thanks to this website and its regular posters. I'm on here just about every day! I agree though that if people get tired of seeing the same old questions, just move on to the next post. Just my 2 cents...
I mean, I clearly don't mind if people talk about Disney. It is a Disney board after all. I just really think there should be a new subforum or somewhere else for people to put threads that are in the vein of "FAVORITE RIDE" "LEAST FAVORITE RIDE" "MOST OVERRATED RIDE" etc. Because these pop up on a regular basis and they're fairly predictable.

jlsHouston

It's cool to read everyone's opinions about different "happenings" @ WDW. For the most part, everyone is quite nice!:D

I agree even the disagreeable ones are so predictable... they make me smile or at least smirk. For me and my travel group Disney IS magic. We enjoy the resorts, the dining, the pools, the shopping and of course the parks! We have become disney addicts even though we are late comers to the world and this forum is where I can gather info and ideas, share the same, and live vicariously through the eyes of others who love the disney magic too!

3WaltFans

Every time I come in here, I'm amazed at the proactive negativity. I've never been one to have people curtail their opinion, but does everything have to be so bleak? If so, why do you come here or go there? For just one thread, tell me something good. And not in some smart way of 'it would be good if they would finally...". What gives you that feeling? What is it that makes you wish and dream? Not to be an old curmudgeon, but for me it's still The Land. For some reason, it makes me want to be a better steward of this planet, and be a better caretaker for my family. So, what is it for you?

WE LOVE WDW. What makes us happy is seeing the smiles and laughing on our kid's faces. It is money well spent and we have created great memories and hopefully many more to come. My wife & I cannot wait to go back each year, as it brings the kid out in us, and we can forget about everyday problems, work, health, money, etc.
images

meklein

For me, it is uninterrupted time with my two beautiful girls. Something about Disney - when we went last time oldest DD was 10 and beginning to feel "too old and too cool for princesses" but it was DD3s first trip and she was completely enamored with them. I took DD10 aside and said "when you were her age, your first trip, this is what you loved. We are here together today. I am not at work. You are not at school. We are very lucky people. Enjoy this place, get into the spirit. Watch your sister totally feeling the magic and really thinking "that is the real Princess Aurora I watch in the movie" and realize how magical this must be for her."

I don't know, that really took hold for her and then all of a sudden she seemed to get lost in the magic too - holding her sister's hand, pointing out things, asking if we could wait in line for a random M&G we happened upon, and then at the end - WANTED TO GET HER PICTURE MADE WITH BELLE, who had always been her favorite princess. I look at the picture of them and it just melts my heart. You can see it in her eyes - she had gotten lost in the magic! She was no longer a cool pre-teen! It was incredible. And our next trip in December, she is almost more excited than her sister! She told me last night, in fact, that we absolutely had to eat at CP because she still loves Pooh. I LOVE it!!!

littleroo

For me, it is uninterrupted time with my two beautiful girls. Something about Disney - when we went last time oldest DD was 10 and beginning to feel "too old and too cool for princesses" but it was DD3s first trip and she was completely enamored with them. I took DD10 aside and said "when you were her age, your first trip, this is what you loved. We are here together today. I am not at work. You are not at school. We are very lucky people. Enjoy this place, get into the spirit. Watch your sister totally feeling the magic and really thinking "that is the real Princess Aurora I watch in the movie" and realize how magical this must be for her."

I don't know, that really took hold for her and then all of a sudden she seemed to get lost in the magic too - holding her sister's hand, pointing out things, asking if we could wait in line for a random M&G we happened upon, and then at the end - WANTED TO GET HER PICTURE MADE WITH BELLE, who had always been her favorite princess. I look at the picture of them and it just melts my heart. You can see it in her eyes - she had gotten lost in the magic! She was no longer a cool pre-teen! It was incredible. And our next trip in December, she is almost more excited than her sister! She told me last night, in fact, that we absolutely had to eat at CP because she still loves Pooh. I LOVE it!!!

Wonderful story!! Brought tears to my eyes:) Cheers Disney magic!!

WED Purist

Original Poster
The Progress City model in the Peoplemover.
There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow.
One Man's Dream.
A song in some background music that you just can't place...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom