Tell Me Something Good

PhotoDave219

Every time I come in here, I'm amazed at the proactive negativity. I've never been one to have people curtail their opinion, but does everything have to be so bleak? If so, why do you come here or go there? For just one thread, tell me something good. And not in some smart way of 'it would be good if they would finally...". What gives you that feeling? What is it that makes you wish and dream? Not to be an old curmudgeon, but for me it's still The Land. For some reason, it makes me want to be a better steward of this planet, and be a better caretaker for my family. So, what is it for you?

The popcorn. Fresh popped, Orville Reddenbacher Popcorn. Eaten on MSUSA, sitting on the curb, watching the people go by.

erstwo

Everything about New Fantasyland. I couldn't stop saying 'Wow.'
Belle's Enchanted Tales impressing the most jaded anti-Disney friend I have and also engaging our friend's - three boys aged 9,7, and 5 so well that they talked about it all night - a princess isn't usually their 'thing' due to their ages.
LeFou's Brew - may have almost surpassed a Dole Whip for me
Dole Whips - still amazing and still have the ability to receive 50 "I am soooo jealous' posts from friends when I post a picture of one. :D
Awesome bathrooms (and not just the new ones)
Happy CM's everywhere I turn
Amazing new queues - Pooh, HM, and BTMRR
Buzz Lightyear is still the best way to show my husband that while I can't beat him in math, I dominate the galaxy
MILF - makes me laugh every time, sometimes just because of the acronym :D
Still nothing like KS in AK
The lobby at AKL
The lobby at WL
The lobby at GF - only made better by a live band and/ or piano player in the evenings
Really - any lobby. :D
Sitting in the Castle in CRT at a window table looking out over Fantasyland
Sitting on any bench anywhere in WDW and being happy to be alive
Butterflies in my stomach during the RRC countdown every. single. ride. The adrenaline rush once I survive 'take off'
Sitting in Sunshine Seasons at the end of a long day. Sitting in Sunshine Seasons any time of day.
The International Gateway - still amazing.
Light parades - I mean, for real? Who thought that up?
Fantasmic - again, for real?
Illuminations - Are you kidding? Let's float out a giant world shaped ball, and light it up then project a video onto it, then open it up like a flower, then shoot fireworks from inside and then at the end.....just for kicks....let's have it shoot fire out of the middle. MmmmmmKaaay. How do they come up with this stuff? If that's not good, I don't know what is! 5 years later, I'm still impressed.
Watching my daughter hug the characters.
The characters - both face and fluffy. :D
The lifeguards picking a child to 'wake up the flowers' every morning at the Hippity Dippity Pool at Pop Century.
Watching the family that gets to 'feed the fish' at the Seas.
Turtle Talk with Crush
Nemo the Musical
Festival of the Lion King
The families that get to ride in the parade
The kids that are there on field trips and you can tell this might be their one and only day inside the gates of a WDW park - and the chaperones that go with them and probably helped them fundraise every step of the way, bless them.
Every country in the World Showcase staffed by natives of that country.
Fireworks - all of them - viewed from anywhere on property
People clapping at the end of Soarin. Once, the woman next to me cried - she was that amazed.
I could go on.........:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom