Tell me About The Boardwalk Area!

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Hi folks :wave:

This upcoming trip we will be visiting the Boardwalk area for the first time, we have never had time to head over there so we are looking forward to popping over a few times :sohappy:

We will be dining at The Yachtsman one night and plan to visit Beaches & Cream aswel!:slurp:

Is there any other spots we should be looking to visit and see??:wave::wave:

mickeysshoes

Hi folks :wave:

This upcoming trip we will be visiting the Boardwalk area for the first time, we have never had time to head over there so we are looking forward to popping over a few times :sohappy:

We will be dining at The Yachtsman one night and plan to visit Beaches & Cream aswel!:slurp:

Is there any other spots we should be looking to visit and see??:wave::wave:

We have done the very same thing...Yachtsman then B&C....boy what a mistake to all in the same night. Could not really enjoy B&C being so full from dinner. I would suggest take a stroll around the boardwalk after dinner to check everything out and then maybe you might be ready for some ice cream. :slurp:

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
We have done the very same thing...Yachtsman then B&C....boy what a mistake to all in the same night. Could not really enjoy B&C being so full from dinner. I would suggest take a stroll around the boardwalk after dinner to check everything out and then maybe you might be ready for some ice cream. :slurp:

Oh no we are def not doing both in one day :ROFLOL:

We will have dinner at Yachtsman one nigh and plan to head to Beaches & Cream for lunch another day, probably 2pm or later to try and miss the crowds :lookaroun

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Very Nice.

We went a stroll on our last visit,nice shops,Big River Grill,etc.The hotels look awesome,it's a strange feeling like being transported to a different era.

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
We went a stroll on our last visit,nice shops,Big River Grill,etc.The hotels look awesome,it's a strange feeling like being transported to a different era.

Yeah i def want to stayon The Boardwalk in the future! The proximity to Epcot is amazing :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Coach81

Burgers look GOOD :slurp:

And i think the Kitchen Sink may have to be ordered :ROFLOL:

We stayed at BCV for Christmas a few years back, and when we saw the sink, we knew we had to conquer it... so the following summer we DESTROYED IT!!!

Probably going to re-visit it again this coming summer :p

Upvote 0

gabroccoli

Personally it is our favorite resort area. Being able to walk to 2 parks is Awesome. As well as there being so much to do in that area. I suggest going at night. There is alot going on at the Boardwalk at night.

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
We stayed at BCV for Christmas a few years back, and when we saw the sink, we knew we had to conquer it... so the following summer we DESTROYED IT!!!

Probably going to re-visit it again this coming summer :p

:ROFLOL: Brilliant stuff :wave:

Any pics of it?

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
At night there are street performers, music, etc. I highly suggest renting one of the surrey bikes- just watch out for the hill near the Dance Hall. :lol:

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
At night there are street performers, music, etc. I highly suggest renting one of the surrey bikes- just watch out for the hill near the Dance Hall. :lol:

Sounds like a great time can be had! Seems a whole lot better that ShutTown Disney!!

Upvote 0
The Board walk is fun, especially in the evening when it is usually buzzing! There`s a variety of eating places according to tastes and $. It is so handy to be able to walk to Epcot or the Studios. If you stay there , the gym is good too!!

Upvote 0

C.FERNIE

The surrey bikes are amazing, but that hill, ohhh that hill, had to get out and push with my bro once when we had one of the bigger ones!lol and B & C is amazing, we were so full sadly after dinner one evening that we could not possible get the kitchen sink but ive seen family members trying it and failing to finish lol :wave:

Upvote 0

PeterMarcus

If you happen to enjoy adult beverages after 5pm, there's this little place called the Bellevue Lounge in the main building of the Boardwalk -- if you walk in the front door from the parking lot, take the hallway to the right, past the restrooms, then the lounge is on the left and the elevators on the right.

It's a cool little place that plays old 30s radio music in the background and sometimes radio shows like Jack Benny. There are some comfy sofas and it's a nice place to enjoy a cocktail before or after dinner.

Upvote 0
Sorry for jumping on someone elses post.
We will also be visiting the Boardwalk and Beaches and Cream for the first time on our next trip.

So do you just walk out of Epcot and turn left?
What about from HS?
Is there signposts on how to get there?
How far is it to walk? Is there any other means to get there, ie a boat?

Upvote 0

fredtom

If you happen to enjoy adult beverages after 5pm, there's this little place called the Bellevue Lounge in the main building of the Boardwalk -- if you walk in the front door from the parking lot, take the hallway to the right, past the restrooms, then the lounge is on the left and the elevators on the right.

It's a cool little place that plays old 30s radio music in the background and sometimes radio shows like Jack Benny. There are some comfy sofas and it's a nice place to enjoy a cocktail before or after dinner.

Be sure to look for Allen, bartender at Belle Vue... We've been visiting him every year since 2001.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Upvote 0

DrummerAlly

Jelly Rolls!

No trip to the boardwalk is complete without a trip to Jelly Rolls. This is easily one of the more relaxing and fun ways to spend a night.

Upvote 0

PeterMarcus

Sorry for jumping on someone elses post.
We will also be visiting the Boardwalk and Beaches and Cream for the first time on our next trip.

So do you just walk out of Epcot and turn left?
What about from HS?
Is there signposts on how to get there?
How far is it to walk? Is there any other means to get there, ie a boat?

There's an exit from Epcot between France and England. There's a boat from there to boardwalk, beach club, swan and dolphin, and Hollywood studios. In my experience, it's almost quicker to walk to boardwalk or swan/dolphin, but your feet may vary.

If you walk, it's straight up the hill to beach club and boardwalk is over another bridge to the left, but you can't miss it. Up the slight hill, you get a panorama of the whole area.

Hollywood is a bit more of a walk (to and from Epcot or boardwalk). You just basically skirt the lake and the turn is right where the end of boardwalk hits the walkway to swan/dolphin. It's a nice pleasant walk in good weather, faster than the bus, but maybe the boat beats walking. There are signs, but cast members will give you the two-finger pointer to the right direction, too.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom