Teen denied entry to AK for outfit....

captainkidd

I guess complaining about the broken AAs and lightbulbs needed a little break. Then it's also funny how some want to criticize the young girl for crying and being upset as if she has bigger problems in her head, yet most here spend a majority of their time on a WDW message board complaining about the place while still booking trips. Seems like everyone is in the same boat.

Yeah, because typing on a message board where no one knows anybody is the same thing as calling the media and plastering yourself on TV.

Good analogy.

Magenta Panther

Wow this topic still going on strong!? It's funny how some of yall criticize the newspaper for writing about such a 'trivial' story yet this discussion keeps going on itself. I guess complaining about the broken AAs and lightbulbs needed a little break. Then it's also funny how some want to criticize the young girl for crying and being upset as if she has bigger problems in her head, yet most here spend a majority of their time on a WDW message board complaining about the place while still booking trips. Seems like everyone is in the same boat.

There are those who complain, and then there are those who complain about the complainers. In the same boat, indeed. :lol:

But hey, if you like riding on a broken ride (Everest), more power to ya.

The Empress Lilly

I want to complain about people complaining about complainers, but it is too complicated and I can't figure out who is in which boat so I can't figure out who to complain about. :cry:

hrcollectibles

Eighth, can someone please confirm the pic shown is really of Hollywood Studios? I've been there literally hundreds of times and I can't recall anything looking like that. If this was such a big deal to her and she really did get into DHS dressed like that, wouldn't they have pics of her in front of park icons (like the sorcerer's hat or Tower of Terror)?

If you are referring to the picture at about the 34 second mark, that is past the Tower of Terror entrance on Sunset blvd. across from the area where they have all of the quick service locations. They are where the restrooms are located.

G00fyDad

Sorry if this thought has been posted already by someone else but has anyone else thought that maybe she did this on purpose? You would have to be pretty stupid to think that you, as an adult (I know she is a juvenile but she is clearly not a little girl), could go into Disney World dressed as a character and not get stopped and be asked to leave or change. Yes, she got through Hollywood Studios. I will chalk that up to inattentive CMs. But I think she did this purposely hoping to get stopped so she could call the news and make a big fuss about it. This is the same stupidity that a man exhibited when he attended the Passion of the Christ premiere dressed like the devil then got his a** whooped. He wanted to be on television for his 15 minutes of fame as well. Of course he wasn't expecting a Holy Beatdown to occur, but that's what you get.

DisneySaint

Sorry if this thought has been posted already by someone else but has anyone else thought that maybe she did this on purpose? You would have to be pretty stupid to think that you, as an adult (I know she is a juvenile but she is clearly not a little girl), could go into Disney World dressed as a character and not get stopped and be asked to leave or change. Yes, she got through Hollywood Studios. I will chalk that up to inattentive CMs. But I think she did this purposely hoping to get stopped so she could call the news and make a big fuss about it. This is the same stupidity that a man exhibited when he attended the Passion of the Christ premiere dressed like the devil then got his a** whooped. He wanted to be on television for his 15 minutes of fame as well. Of course he wasn't expecting a Holy Beatdown to occur, but that's what you get.

Uh, she's 15 years old and has all her business hanging out. I'm fairly certain it's a logical conclusion she was fishing for attention, yes.

G00fyDad

Uh, she's 15 years old and has all her business hanging out. I'm fairly certain it's a logical conclusion she was fishing for attention, yes.

Sorry. If that is what you consider having "your business hanging out" you need to check out what people are wearing these days. She was not showing off her "business". LOL Oh lock her up, she showed cleavage! Have you seen what kids are wearing to school these days?? That makes this girl look like Laura Engalls.

the-reason14

Yeah, because typing on a message board where no one knows anybody is the same thing as calling the media and plastering yourself on TV.

Good analogy.

Thanks!! :D And complaining about the story gets you where? Same place it does when you complain about the quality of WDW, nowhere really. :D

Captain Chaos

A friend of mine claims he read where the family has now hired a lawyer and is planning on suing. I haven't had the time to look it up myself, but, I wouldn't doubt it. This was the plan from the minute she was stopped. I guess the new way to gain employment in the U.S. is not to apply for jobs, nail the interview, and work hard. Nope. Now it is to become a whining little twit who deserves her shins kicked by metal toe boots, then break rules, cry like a little , then sue. The American dream.. alive and well in the court system.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
A friend of mine claims he read where the family has now hired a lawyer and is planning on suing. I haven't had the time to look it up myself, but, I wouldn't doubt it. This was the plan from the minute she was stopped. I guess the new way to gain employment in the U.S. is not to apply for jobs, nail the interview, and work hard. Nope. Now it is to become a whining little twit who deserves her shins kicked by metal toe boots, then break rules, cry like a little , then sue. The American dream.. alive and well in the court system.

I hope she does, it will cost her family for attempting to battle something that is clear policy. I wonder if they are more upset about being denied entry or their little scheme making their daughter a laughing stock of the country.

Captain Chaos

I hope she does, it will cost her family for attempting to battle something that is clear policy. I wonder if they are more upset about being denied entry or their little scheme making their daughter a laughing stock of the country.

Well, she is at least the laughing stock of the entire Disney online fan community. There is no fan website that is giving this girl any breaks.

mousehockey37

You're right. The NEW American Dream is to pass the buck to the people that inconvience you and make them pay for your poor planning.

For this girls family to go and try and possibly sue Disney over established rules (which this particular one has made headlines before) is ridiculous. The family was given fastpasses while the girl went back and changed (more than what Disney should have done).

This thread is in line with the one about the people who complained about when they overslept, hence being on a monorail that got stuck for a small amount of time, and they then went and complained. The family was given fastpasses and ice cream (once again, more than Disney should have done).

I'd like to know how that family made out if they sent their letter in (if they did or not) and what the response was. Now, as for this girl, she was given something for her trouble (fastpasses) and the family is out to possibly sue Disney for more. People need to learn to quit while they are ahead. This girl was met by the rules, and denied entry until she complied. Her family is setting her up to possibly get banned for life from any Disney parks (I believe that should be a consequence should she lose her case).

I'm just finding it sad how many people there are like this in the world. It's not just happening at WDW, it's everywhere, from Burger King all the way up to the biggest, most successful businesses in the world... People just don't understand anymore that things can't be perfect. As long as people are in business, there will be mistakes. As technology advances, things will still need maintained and hence, can break down.

Just remember, for the inconvience you may experience, there are thousands of people that would still love to be in your place because you were in Disney World when it happened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom