Teen denied entry to AK for outfit....

Ignohippo

I just read another article on tbo.com about this:
http://www2.tbo.com/entertainment/entertainment/2012/jun/05/7/disney-raises-stink-over-teens-tink-outfit-ar-412231/

and it amazes me how many loopholes there are in this story.

First, this report says she was with her family. If she was with her family, why was she needing to save for a year for the trip?

Second, notice how none of the reports mention where she's from. I'll bet she's from someplace semi-local (like Tampa or Jacksonville).

Third, in some stories she said she made the outfit; in others it said she bought it online.

Fourth, there's no way it took her nearly that long to get ready.

Fifth, in some reports, she was stopped at the park entrance, at others she was at a ride.

Sixth, she was detained for 3 hours. So how much of that time was taken by her and her boyfriend shopping for clothes? How long did she and her family argue with Disney employees?

Seventh, if she was with her family, obviously one of her parents called the news. Sounds like a way to get little bratty some FaceTime on tv.

Eighth, can someone please confirm the pic shown is really of Hollywood Studios? I've been there literally hundreds of times and I can't recall anything looking like that. If this was such a big deal to her and she really did get into DHS dressed like that, wouldn't they have pics of her in front of park icons (like the sorcerer's hat or Tower of Terror)?

powlessfamily4

I don't think there is anything wrong with the policy or the way it was handled. The fact that it made the newspapers has me wondering if that was the intent from the start.

riverscu0m0

she looks older than 15

That's what I was thinking!
I feel as though management handled this so much better then was needed. They gave her free clothes to change into, and didn't make her just go back home and change. I don't know, I agree though that it's a little old to be going dressed up unless it's a special event such as MNSSHP or a convention.

I agree though, that this has been blown way out of proportion and really now was it all just a publicity stunt?
I have to say though, she does look a lot like Tink.

Magenta Panther

Well, that girl is certainly milking this situation for all it's worth. :rolleyes: Yeesh, crying and all. Oh brother. What is she, 8?

Disney's completely in the right here. What's all the controversy about?

the-reason14

Wow this topic still going on strong!? It's funny how some of yall criticize the newspaper for writing about such a 'trivial' story yet this discussion keeps going on itself. I guess complaining about the broken AAs and lightbulbs needed a little break. Then it's also funny how some want to criticize the young girl for crying and being upset as if she has bigger problems in her head, yet most here spend a majority of their time on a WDW message board complaining about the place while still booking trips. Seems like everyone is in the same boat.

Captain Chaos

I just read another article on tbo.com about this:
http://www2.tbo.com/entertainment/entertainment/2012/jun/05/7/disney-raises-stink-over-teens-tink-outfit-ar-412231/

and it amazes me how many loopholes there are in this story.

First, this report says she was with her family. If she was with her family, why was she needing to save for a year for the trip?

Second, notice how none of the reports mention where she's from. I'll bet she's from someplace semi-local (like Tampa or Jacksonville).

Third, in some stories she said she made the outfit; in others it said she bought it online.

Fourth, there's no way it took her nearly that long to get ready.

Fifth, in some reports, she was stopped at the park entrance, at others she was at a ride.

Sixth, she was detained for 3 hours. So how much of that time was taken by her and her boyfriend shopping for clothes? How long did she and her family argue with Disney employees?

Seventh, if she was with her family, obviously one of her parents called the news. Sounds like a way to get little bratty some FaceTime on tv.

Eighth, can someone please confirm the pic shown is really of Hollywood Studios? I've been there literally hundreds of times and I can't recall anything looking like that. If this was such a big deal to her and she really did get into DHS dressed like that, wouldn't they have pics of her in front of park icons (like the sorcerer's hat or Tower of Terror)?

That news report calls them a Tampa family.. So she is local...

Ignohippo

That news report calls them a Tampa family.. So she is local...

I didn't even notice that! I love how much they're blowing this out of proportion. They make it sound like she had to save for a year to be able to afford the trip cross country to visit WDW. What a joke.

captainkidd

I didn't even notice that! I love how much they're blowing this out of proportion. They make it sound like she had to save for a year to be able to afford the trip cross country to visit WDW. What a joke.

If she had to save a year for a 1 day park hopper and $20 for gas, then she should be thanking her lucky stars that she got a free outfit out of the ordeal.

Damian31

Wow this topic still going on strong!? It's funny how some of yall criticize the newspaper for writing about such a 'trivial' story yet this discussion keeps going on itself. I guess complaining about the broken AAs and lightbulbs needed a little break. Then it's also funny how some want to criticize the young girl for crying and being upset as if she has bigger problems in her head, yet most here spend a majority of their time on a WDW message board complaining about the place while still booking trips. Seems like everyone is in the same boat.

love it! that made me smile :)

draybook

Then it's also funny how some want to criticize the young girl for crying and being upset as if she has bigger problems in her head, yet most here spend a majority of their time on a WDW message board complaining about the place while still booking trips. Seems like everyone is in the same boat.

Bazinga.jpg

MrsWhiffo

Tattooed Disney Geekster
It always starts this way. Young girl, full of life, big dreams of floating from ride to ride dressed as her favorite character, full of youthful vibrance and joy. But the years pass and the pixie dust high turns dark, glitter covered skin turns to a leatherly protective layer, cute sparky green dress turns to a jewel encrusted mini skirt and tube top and soon we have another once full-of-life young woman now reduced to working the Streets of America, parading herself out there corner to corner, just so she can afford one last silver balloon, one last glowing wand that won't last til the end of some horrible parade, one more sodium induced binge through Adventureland.

Disney did this girl a favor and she may not know it now, but they may have just saved her life. Bravo, Disney, bravo.

You sir are a genius.....Best.Reply.Ever

Like this story, can we please kill this thread? Like the 'Age of enlightenment', welcome to the 'Age of ENTITLEMENT'. Not meant to be funny..
Unfortunately i can't even add my usual :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom