TEAM TIME BRAINSTORMING THREAD

Outbound

I don't know if it's too early to ask this, but for our pavilion are we thinking of ride + post show exhibits (Spaceship Earth, Universe of Energy, etc.) or something more similar to the Land and Wonders of Life (multiple attractions, a few shops, maybe a restaurant) in scale?
I suggest the Land / Wonders of Life approach. There’s more for us to break down as a team.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Taking into account the untouchable Horizons, I believe the expansion pads that we can work with are:
  • Future World West/World Nature
    • Plot W1: The Living Seas/The Seas with Nemo and Friends plot
    • Plot W2: Current plot between The Land and The Seas - only remaining expansion plot in Future World today!
    • Plot W3: Between The Land and Imagination! (where the Soarin' theaters are today)
  • Future World East/World Discovery
    • Plot E1: The Wonders of Life/Play! plot
epcotmap1982.jpg

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Taking into account the untouchable Horizons, I believe the expansion pads that we can work with are:
  • Future World West/World Nature
    • Plot W1: The Living Seas/The Seas with Nemo and Friends plot
    • Plot W2: Current plot between The Land and The Seas - only remaining expansion plot in Future World today!
    • Plot W3: Between The Land and Imagination! (where the Soarin' theaters are today)
  • Future World East/World Discovery
    • Plot E1: The Wonders of Life/Play! plot
epcotmap1982.jpg
Easiest spot would be where the Seas are today I think

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Easiest spot would be where the Seas are today I think
And also leaves us room for future expansion...

But, ultimately, I think it would depend on what theme we'll agree to work on since that would affect its placement within Future World. We also have to keep in mind that it will be split into three neighborhoods in the future, and we wouldn't want, say, the Computer Pavilion taking up the spot of The Living Seas and end up in World Nature.

spacemt354

Chili's
And also leaves us room for future expansion...

But, ultimately, I think it would depend on what theme we'll agree to work on since that would affect its placement within Future World. We also have to keep in mind that it will be split into three neighborhoods in the future, and we wouldn't want, say, the Computer Pavilion taking up the spot of The Living Seas and end up in World Nature.
For sure - if we go Computers I'd go for the WoL spot, if we go mind or space, I'd put it in the Seas spot as there was an original plan for a 'century 3 pavilion in that slot anyway

2utxsvvvuuv11.jpg

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Who would be the original sponsor in the 80’s? I don’t think NASA would have the kind of budget
As with most EPCOT Center pavilions at the time, it would have to be a private corporation. After doing a cursory Google search, Space Services, Inc. of America (SSIA) could be a potential pavilion sponsor. The company did launch the first privately-funded spacecraft into space in 1981, so I'd imagine they'll try to ride on that success and use the EPCOT Center Space Pavilion as a promotional tool of sorts.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
So we should probably decide soon on which one we are doing. If we are going Computers, we should probably try to tie it in with The Computer Song and Communicore as there is an exhibit there currently
@DashHaber already sent in his votes earlier, so I guess we can start sending ours in if there are no last-minute proposals? For the voting, we can use the 3-2-1 points system like last time (1st = 3 points, 2nd = 2 points, 3rd = 1 point).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom