TEAM SPACE BRAINSTORMING THREAD

tcool123

Do we mention project gemini, the 2006 idea to make the park more thrilling like the time racers coaster replacing spaceship earth
Who could sponsors be
I think we should definitely figure out a pavilion theme before we keep going too much, but these are excellent points!

We could bring in a thrill ride during the 2000's and justify it saying it saved Horizons from becoming Mission: Space somehow.

And we definely would need a sponsor for our pavilion at least for the 80's portion of the project given how every Epcot pavilion had one at the time of their opening.

Disney Dad 3000

To build up on the Weather Pavilion idea here some possible attraction ideas:
  • Hurricane Simulator: Special effects based show putting guests in the middle of a hurricane
  • Water Cycle Ride: An aerial dark ride that flies guests over and into the phases of the water cycle
  • Educational film on weather around the world

Oooo I love that too!

The Inner Earth Pavilion? Inner World?

Sounds really fun and unique to me

Inner Earth Pavilion is a cool name.
Maybe an early omnimover iteration of Journey into the Center of the Earth that is updated 30 years later.
Some sort of film on pangaea or a 360 experience of the earth's crust changing around guests over 100's and thousands of years

TheSquirrel

I think we should definitely figure out a pavilion theme before we keep going too much, but these are excellent points!

We could bring in a thrill ride during the 2000's and justify it saying it saved Horizons from becoming Mission: Space somehow.

And we definely would need a sponsor for our pavilion at least for the 80's portion of the project given how every Epcot pavilion had one at the time of their opening.
But Horizons was basically falling down

tcool123

Maybe an early omnimover iteration of Journey into the Center of the Earth that is updated 30 years later.
Some sort of film on pangaea or a 360 experience of the earth's crust changing around guests over 100's and thousands of years
I think a Journey to the Center of the Earth ride that's later updated would be really cool

Along with a 360 Circlevision experience both are awesome concepts.

Whoever our sponsor is should probably also get some sort of theater to promote their services while tieing it back into the pavilion.

But Horizons was basically falling down
News to me :oops:
We could just say they rebuilt or whatver, not very important given it would be an issue for later and isnt our pavilion 😅

Disney Dad 3000

Boo Team Space

If by Boo Team Space, you mean BTS, then yes, we will be producing hits for decades with this prompt

BTS.jpg

Chaos Cat

I remember being in a Michael Eisner Quest on Sufficient Velocity where we decided to work on an Inner Earth Pavilion at the same time as the Living Seas. Only we didn't call it the Inner Earth Pavilion. We called it the "Earth ROCKS!" pavilion.

You have my permission to groan.

(The quest is way better than that pun suggests it is. It's just that the topic reminded me of that pun and I felt you all needed to suffer from it as well.)

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Okay, what about The Skies? It could combine stuff about weather and air and climate.

Maybe we could reconstruct the Tower of the Four Winds for a weather pavilion!

Disney Dad 3000

I'm going to give you guys one quick hint since you've all mentioned it and dismissed it:

All of the opening day EPCOT pavilions are present and open (or opening in the case of Horizons and Imagination.). In terms of plots, don't forget that The Living Seas didn't open until 1986.

That's the last I'll stick my head into your brainstorming. I'm super excited to see what you guys come up with.

From the main thread:
Ok, so guess we are going with the assumption we are not necessarily leaving slots for pavilions unopened on opening day.

I guess it's up to us if we still want to allow those to open in the coming years or take their plots and Thanos them. That does change placement options if we choose.

Disney Dad 3000

I'm trying to avoid looking at the other teams brainstorming threads as I'm not crazy about seeing their activity, but feel sure the ideas of weather, air, geology are all probably getting brought up in some form.

Is there something off the wall that we aren't thinking of that would be completely unique? We did the Microverse a couple of years ago which turned out pretty well. Maybe it's not even science, maybe it's something like history or architecture as a random example (though not too exciting a ride I imagine).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom