• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

TEAM SPACE BRAINSTORMING THREAD

PerGron

Original Poster
1616257328550.jpeg

1616257407938.jpeg

Epcot Pavilions change throughout time...sometimes for better and sometimes for worse. All debatably of course.

For this challenge, the teams will create a Future World Pavilion as seen at three points in Epcot’s history: the classic Epcot Center of the 1980s; the hip and modern Epcot of the 1990s and 2000s; and finally, the more timeless, more relevant, more Disney EPCOT of 2020.

Tips
- This pavilion may change as much or as little as you wish through the years
- Keep in mind what Future World already holds and the available space, as well as how the pavilions have changed through the years.
- In keeping with the spirit of So, You Want To Be An Imagineer, your brainstorming threads this round will be publicly viewable threads, not PMs.

Project Managers
Space - @MickeyWaffleCo.

This project is due on Friday, March 26, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST

Time Zones
Orlando Time - 11:59 PM
Anaheim Time - 8:59 PM
Tokyo Time - 1:59 PM
Hong Kong Time - 12:59 PM
Paris Time - 5:59 AM

Special SYWTBAI Guest Reviewers
Reality - @TheOriginalTiki
Space - @MANEATINGWREATH
Time - @monkey92514

Any specific questions feel free to ask in your brainstorming threads or below.
Thank you, best of luck everyone, and enjoy The Sorcerer’s Apprentice Season 7: FANTASMIC JOURNEYS!​

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Alright, it seems I’m PM for this round! Glad to be leading such a fantastic team!

I’m not too knowledgeable on opening day EPCOT, though I know more than I did for Universal or UAE. This will be an awesome Stanza, and I can’t wait to get started! So, any ideas jumping out at you?

tcool123

I think we should avoid anything that already exists in Epcot in the 80s.

So now Seas, Land/Nature, Imagination, Communication, Motion, whatever Horizons was, Health/Medicine, and Energy.

Uh what does that leave?

Theres Space, Arts and Music, Computers/Digital Worlds, Weather

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
I think we should avoid anything that already exists in Epcot in the 80s.

So now Seas, Land/Nature, Imagination, Communication, Motion, whatever Horizons was, Health/Medicine, and Energy.

Uh what does that leave?

Theres Space, Arts and Music, Computers/Digital Worlds, Weather
I think Space might be a bit similar to Tomorrowland. Art would be interesting if we made it different enough from the Imagination pavilion. Computers could be cool, but keep in mind EPCOT had a computer attraction when it opened, but it was quickly outdated with the advent of the personal computer through the Macintosh and Windows. Weather would be interesting, and I think it has some potential.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom