TEAM SPACE BRAINSTORMING THREAD

tcool123

I think Space might be a bit similar to Tomorrowland. Art would be interesting if we made it different enough from the Imagination pavilion. Computers could be cool, but keep in mind EPCOT had a computer attraction when it opened, but it was quickly outdated with the advent of the personal computer through the Macintosh and Windows. Weather would be interesting, and I think it has some potential.
I believe Communicore had something for every pavilion so I don't think we'd get points off for having overlap there.

I think we should use the fact it gets outdated as we need to continuously keep our pavilion updated with three versions. One in the 80's one for the 90's/00's and then one for the 2020's. A computer/digital world pavilion could help with that while a weather pavilion would be able to age better like the Land

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
tenor.gif

tcool123

We could have a up ride in the modern version.
I still don't think an adventure pavilion would be a wise move as I feel like it's too much like World Showcase and other pavilions given how broad a theme adventure is.

How about a science pavilion with Ludwig Von drake as a main character
I actually think that's what Communicore was? I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure it was all worlds of science.

I definitely think so far Weather Pavilion is the best pitch as it's the most timeless.

Hmmm... I think we should shy away from Intellectual Properties as much as possible.
Agreed 1980's Epcot was IPless. We saw lazy IPs thrown in the 90's/00's and now in the 2020's there's an attempt to make them fit regardless if they do or not. I think we should take that into account.

Disney Dad 3000

Based on the prompt, I think we have to assume all of the lands from the 80's are in existence as I don't think it mentioned specifically opening day lineup? Only that our pavilion should exist and change in each of these timelines.

Future World East is pretty jam packed in that regard, leaving the area between the seas and land as a logical point to balance out the 2 "futures". That should play into our thinking as well I think when deciding a direction. The original design of EPCOT was unbelievably planned out with sightlines, design, etc. taken into account so you only see what you are supposed to of the structures.

tcool123

Based on the prompt, I think we have to assume all of the lands from the 80's are in existence as I don't think it mentioned specifically opening day lineup? Only that our pavilion should exist and change in each of these timelines.

Future World East is pretty jam packed in that regard, leaving the area between the seas and land as a logical point to balance out the 2 "futures". That should play into our thinking as well I think when deciding a direction. The original design of EPCOT was unbelievably planned out with sightlines, design, etc. taken into account so you only see what you are supposed to of the structures.
I agree that seems like the logical placement for our pavilion, and the whole nature theme is prevalent with the Land and Sea so I would be delighted for a Weather based pavilion to balance out the nature based corner of the future.

Disney Dad 3000

I agree that seems like the logical placement for our pavilion, and the whole nature theme is prevalent with the Land and Sea so I would be delighted for a Weather based pavilion to balance out the nature based corner of the future.

Or in keeping with the science of land and sea, what if it was a different take on the land and looks at all that lies beneath the earth's surface? A geology based pavilion studying the earth's crust, core, platelets, how activity beneath the land shaped the continents over time, etc.

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Or in keeping with the science of land and sea, what if it was a different take on the land and looks at all that lies beneath the earth's surface? A geology based pavilion studying the earth's crust, core, platelets, how activity beneath the land shaped the continents over time, etc.
That sounds awesome!

tcool123

I definitely think so far Weather Pavilion is the best pitch as it's the most timeless.
To build up on the Weather Pavilion idea here some possible attraction ideas:
  • Hurricane Simulator: Special effects based show putting guests in the middle of a hurricane
  • Water Cycle Ride: An aerial dark ride that flies guests over and into the phases of the water cycle
  • Educational film on weather around the world
Oooo I love that too!

The Inner Earth Pavilion? Inner World?

Sounds really fun and unique to me

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom