TEAM REALITY BRAINSTORMING THREAD

pix

@TwilightZone the 90s are orange!

What are you thinking about for the thrill ride added?

I was thinking maybe a Top Spin?
View attachment 541660

We could be joining a scientist trying to simulate the wild nature of fire, but then he loses control because of Fire's wild and unpredictable nature. Gives it a simple story, but one that teaches respect for the dangers of fires. But it could be inside with some interesting lighting and visuals and maybe a screen so it starts by showcasing it's beauty.

Of course, you can never go wrong with a coaster of some sort.

Or if we wanted to stick with the underground theme a drop tower of some sort is an obvious choice.
DROP TOWER LIFTED WITH THE RISE AND FALL OF LAVA

TwilightZone

@TwilightZone the 90s are orange!

What are you thinking about for the thrill ride added?

I was thinking maybe a Top Spin?
View attachment 541660

We could be joining a scientist trying to simulate the wild nature of fire, but then he loses control because of Fire's wild and unpredictable nature. Gives it a simple story, but one that teaches respect for the dangers of fires. But it could be inside with some interesting lighting and visuals and maybe a screen so it starts by showcasing it's beauty.

Of course, you can never go wrong with a coaster of some sort.

Or if we wanted to stick with the underground theme a drop tower of some sort is an obvious choice.
Drop tower would be done with twilight zone and personally I like my name sake to be around even in an alternate universe haha
You could beat GotG to being first coaster at Epcot!
OOO fancy! I was thinking smallish indoor coaster as well. Maybe going around different natural disasters. Lightning causes the trees to fall down which then get hit by a powerline causing a fire......something like that

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Drop tower would be done with twilight zone and personally I like my name sake to be around even in an alternate universe haha

OOO fancy! I was thinking smallish indoor coaster as well. Maybe going around different natural disasters. Lightning causes the trees to fall down which then get hit by a powerline causing a fire......something like that
Smallish indoor coasters are rad! (And better for Epcot sight lines).

You could also consider doing one ride for each of the four elements.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Top spin or drop tower feels too basic for Disney. ( feels more like a six flags choice) ( There is no ride on disney property that I will refuse to go on. I went on a top spin like thing and was screaming to get off the entire time. I feel like top spin is too intense for disney.) Coaster seems like a good choice, or a sim ride
I should clarify that I was picturing it indoors with added effects. Not just a simple flat ride. But I do get what you are saying.
Disney has used similar ride systems before, so I don't think we would need to cut ToT, but I definitely do get that concern.

A natural disaster theme, I like it! Simple, easy to implement in a coaster setting, able to add a lot of added effects. I can dig it!

TwilightZone

Think you quoted me when you meant to quote someone else

oops yeah my bad, meant to quote
Random thought: have you guys considered exactly what year you want to start your portion of the project? There was a lot of activity in FW throughout the 1990s. I’d recommend 1997-1998, prior to Imagination closing for its untimely death, and after Test Track had opened on the other side.
My quoting game is off today

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
B6124F92-4D95-4807-B1E7-BCE721F6DF6B.jpeg

This is my new favorite thing.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Alright @TwilightZone

The 80s team gave us a pretty good foundation yesterday. Today we should work on getting a good foundation for the modern team.

So, with that in mind, we need to figure out a few things.

• What is our plan for the thrill ride? A mid-scale indoor coaster themed around natural disasters seems like a good starting point.
  • How does the exhibit space evolve as we expand the pavilion and change the theme to more of a general "Elements" theme?
  • What changes (if any) are we making to Tegan's ride? Adding a celebrity narrator and maybe a pun or two seems like a good way to bring in some of the good parts of 90s Epcot without losing what made the 80s good. But did we want to do more? Or less? What celeb?
Also, it would be good to divide up our individual tasks. What are you interested in handling? I figure one person doing the new ride and one person handling the changes to rest of the pavilion is probably a good division of labor.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Don't forget to mine a large sheet of rock near the Earth's core to inscribe your project on!
200.gif
If you were following our brainstorming you'd know that was already our plan for the presentation style!

As we speak, @Homemade Imagineering is already roughly 328 miles below the earth's surface and digging deeper! We go the extra mile here on Team Reality.

D Hulk

@Tegan pilots a chicken on my cake, Hulk have questions for theater show.

We have both Rocky the Gopher and a Sherman Brothers style song from @Homemade Imagineering (possibly) to use in our pavilion. What would you say to dividing those between the film and the ride? I'm considering using Rocky to make "the history of earth's geological formation" a bit more audience friendly. Any objection to that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom