TEAM REALITY BRAINSTORMING THREAD

pix

I like it, my only concern is having two attractions with “Earth” in the title. Mysterious Planet? Mysterious Mantle? Mysterious?

If we’re ultra creative it would be cool to be able to come up with a single word title, to go along with Horizons and Communicore.
Mysterious mantle is good. We could also go with Inside our planet.
& so marketable, imagine the pins! Imagine the plushes! Imagine the... pillow pets?
TSUM TSUMS! TSUM TSUMS! TSUM TSUMS!!!

Orange Cat

I will design a “hip” Rocky if needed
A277124A-76CA-4D2A-A312-833C2533ADCE.png

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
@TwilightZone is Team 90s.
Most everyone else seemed most comfortable in the modern era. Though I feel TZone could use another set of hands. Granted I’ll be available as well, but it couldn’t hurt.
Alright, @TwilightZone! Me and you will be team 90s!

It's interesting thinking of ideas for how this will advance in the 90s
  • Celebs like ellen
  • Thrill ride conversion like test track
  • Same but expanded like space ship earth
  • Whatever happened during journey into your imagination
So many options!
My main line of thinking is thrill ride for some reason. Maybe because of test track, time racers, and a rumor I once read about imagination becoming a thrill ride being thrown around during the 90s. Disney really had a thing (and still do I suppose) about more thrills in epcot during that period.
I thing expand the pavilion with a thrill ride and then add a celebrity narrator to Tegan's ride as our main work (Drew Carrey? Keep the ride the same, but he mixes puns into the narration! Another option, William Daniels. He was Mr. Feeny in Boy Meets World and would be a good pick for something more dignified while still having a fun element to it).

Plus, some updates to the post show for the expanded pavilion.
Which USED to have a thrill ride in Body Wars.
Wonder if the sims will be used again. Epcot is quickly become “the thrill ride” park for sure. I hope this new neighborhoods deal really allows them to diversify the attraction lineup in a nice way.
I heard the sims were scavenged for parts for Star Tours over the years. But who knows if that is just a rumor lol

Yay!!
....Though I am now also imagining a version of this where he wears sunglasses and has a backwards cap. Because that's cool apparently according to 90s disney
It is cool according to everyone

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Are we still transitioning to the Elements theme later in the timeline? Or sticking with Rocks?

And if we are transitioning, is that in the 90s or in modern day along with, presumably, IP tie ins?

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Are we still transitioning to the Elements theme later in the timeline? Or sticking with Rocks?

And if we are transitioning, is that in the 90s or in modern day along with, presumably, IP tie ins?
Okay for real though, yeah you can feel free to transition to elements in the 90s, or later. Or not at all. It’s up to you guys! You can keep the 1982 ride system and post show area or you can gut the entire building!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
“BENEATH THE SURFACE” POST-RIDE, 1982
images to be done later

THE ROCK WORKS

Following the ride, pathways lead guests into the pavilion’s central Rock Works exhibition space. A vast, stupendous mining base sprawls out within the hollow cone of a dormant volcano. Clean metal panels – a fusion of modernist and futuristic aesthetics – sheathe the vast majority of lava rocks…although some exposed rockwork does occasionally poke through. A circular floor plan radiates around the central light shaft. Natural light filters through a slanted glass window mounted in the caldera. Beneath, lights refract off of a gigantic rotating amethyst geode.

The volcano’s outer rims house an assortment of activities which support the pavilion’s central scientific thesis. Here, guests will find in-depth and altogether fun interactive exhibits exploring earth science topics. They will also find, mixed in throughout those exhibits, additional details of Rock Works’ mining operation. That extends from the obvious – the big, central geode – to displayed, genuine mining equipment like drills, carts and jackhammers. Once guests finally exhaust everything there is to see and do in the Rock Works, their return to the surface world is through a monumental lava tube – a cave formed by extinct lava vents.

HOW OUR WORLD FORMED
Short film
@Shannoninthemagic ? (The thing I'm least impassioned about, so it's yours if you'd like it. Name can be a placeholder.)

THE BIG DIG
Play area

Children of all ages will love this educational playground exploring a replica mining site. A delightful tangle of tunnels lets youngsters play to their hearts’ content, while parents can rest and observe. Children can climb on and around mining-themed play structures. Scamper up rope ladders, brave ropes and netting, crawl through lava tubes, glide down shovel slides, and race through a chaotic field of steam vents. Children can play geologist in our “sandpit”…actually a ball pit with gemstone-colored plastic balls. The Big Dig is wheelchair accessible. Cast members are on hand here – as throughout the Rock Works – to answer all guests’ questions about geology and earth science.

QUAKE ‘N’ SHAKE
Earthquake simulator

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to experience an earthquake! The Rocks Works is the only place in Florida where you can.

Quake ‘n’ Shake is a scientifically accurate earthquake simulation chamber. The centerpiece experience is a room-scaled “shake table” which uses hidden hydraulics to mimic seismic forces. Cast members can program our simulator to all manner of magnitudes, from a barely perceptible 3.0 all the way up to the Great San Francisco Earthquake’s tremendous 7.9! Padded guard rails keep guests safe from stumbles. Surrounding exhibit space provide more information on the seismic sciences, covering topics like earthquake safety and tectonic plates.

INTERACTIVE EXHIBITS

The Rock Works’ exhibits reflect the best of interactive museum design, with a Disney touch. Hands-on educational displays make learning about our world fun for all ages.

Layer Fair provides a cross section of earth’s geological layers. At the push of a button, the selected layer of Earth will light up while a recorded description plays out.

Quarry Gallery is an expansive display of precious metals, gemstones and rare rocks. As with Layer Fair, automated messages provide guests with a surplus of knowledge: Where said stone comes from, how it is mined, what uses it serves in human art & industry.

The Volcano Model is familiar from any middle school science fair. An ornately-detailed miniature volcano cone awaits guests’ attention. They can trigger volcanic activity, and view as neon molten magma travels through cutaway cross sections before the spectacular final eruption.

Rocky’s Gopher Game is rather more purely fun, being simply a variation on classic whack-a-mole featuring the pavilion’s very own mascot.

RETAIL – ALL THAT GLITTERS (Presented by DeBeers)
Jewelry store

Think all this time in the dirt underground isn’t glamorous? Then come to All That Glitters, a jewelry store presented by our pavilion sponsor DeBeers. The shop is set within a jewel-encrusted alcove, and brightened by a naturally-forming diamond chandelier, of all things, growing from the stalactites overhead. Case after case glistens with an assortment of fine stone jewelry so lovely, you’ll forget you’re in a theme park. Higher-end diamond jewelry serves to showcase the best of the DeBeers brand, while more playful Disney character pieces serve an affordable alternative.

RETAIL – ROCKY GOPHER GIFT SHOP
@Honey Bee

RETAIL – PAN FOR GEMS
Interactive retail

Live the mining experience for yourself by sifting through raw stone searching for precious gems. Pan for Gems provides an educational activity much like panning for gold in Frontierland. First guests purchase a satchel containing unprocessed earth. Then guests can wash their “salted” soil at a row of water troughs, until they rinse away the outer particulates to reveal hidden multicolored gems. These gems are guests’ souvenirs to take home.

Come back to collect them all: Diamond, sapphire, garnet, peridot, amethyst, opal, citrine, turquoise, emerald, ruby, topaz, and zircon!

DINING – EARTH’S CRUST
Quick service pizza

“Earth’s Crust.” “Home of Tectonic Plates.” “Rock Solid Eats!” Even when you’re miles underground, good simple food can still be found. At Earth’s Crust, guests will enjoy the best in theme park pizza available by-the-slice. Boiling steam vents and red hot lava rocks help to heat our pizza ovens…or at least that is the visual theming guests will enjoy while making their orders. Pizza toppings cover all the classics – pepperoni, pineapple, olives, garlic – though Earth’s Crust specializes in mushrooms, “the food of the underground.”

As for snacks, nothing beats rock candy! It’s like eating a priceless diamond!
Hulk this is AMAZING!!!!
I’ll start piecing these into the map!
And pizza by the slice?!! Sign me up!!!

TwilightZone

Alright, @TwilightZone! Me and you will be team 90s!

I thing expand the pavilion with a thrill ride and then add a celebrity narrator to Tegan's ride as our main work (Drew Carrey? Keep the ride the same, but he mixes puns into the narration! Another option, William Daniels. He was Mr. Feeny in Boy Meets World and would be a good pick for something more dignified while still having a fun element to it).

Plus, some updates to the post show for the expanded pavilion.

I heard the sims were scavenged for parts for Star Tours over the years. But who knows if that is just a rumor lol

Yay!!

It is cool according to everyone

T.I.L. drew carrey's been around since the 80s and idk how to feel about that

D Hulk

View attachment 541657
Post show map so far!
@D Hulk for the sake of simplicity on the map I compartmentalized the interactive exhibits into one entry here. But if you would rather I list each of them individually I will! No problem either way.

Also,...I can’t get the EPCOT font onto my phone 😩😩😩
I tried but I can’t.
Looks perfect! No need to show the individual exhibits.

Hulk giving up for the day. Going to watch stupid things for a while. Maybe tomorrow work on theater.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
@TwilightZone the 90s are orange!

What are you thinking about for the thrill ride added?

I was thinking maybe a Top Spin?
1616470771984.png

We could be joining a scientist trying to simulate the wild nature of fire, but then he loses control because of Fire's wild and unpredictable nature. Gives it a simple story, but one that teaches respect for the dangers of fires. But it could be inside with some interesting lighting and visuals and maybe a screen so it starts by showcasing it's beauty.

Of course, you can never go wrong with a coaster of some sort.

Or if we wanted to stick with the underground theme a drop tower of some sort is an obvious choice.

Shannoninthemagic

@TwilightZone the 90s are orange!

What are you thinking about for the thrill ride added?

I was thinking maybe a Top Spin?
View attachment 541660

We could be joining a scientist trying to simulate the wild nature of fire, but then he loses control because of Fire's wild and unpredictable nature. Gives it a simple story, but one that teaches respect for the dangers of fires. But it could be inside with some interesting lighting and visuals and maybe a screen so it starts by showcasing it's beauty.

Of course, you can never go wrong with a coaster of some sort.

Or if we wanted to stick with the underground theme a drop tower of some sort is an obvious choice.
Top spin or drop tower feels too basic for Disney. ( feels more like a six flags choice) ( There is no ride on disney property that I will refuse to go on. I went on a top spin like thing and was screaming to get off the entire time. I feel like top spin is too intense for disney.) Coaster seems like a good choice, or a sim ride

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom