TEAM REALITY BRAINSTORMING THREAD

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Hi. I hate public brainstorming threads

Hi my plumbing is f*cked up and we have a leak and now all the water is turned off until the plumber gets here what happened what are we voting on
Oh no!

We're making an EPCOT Pavilion for opening day. And then doing big updates for 90s Epcot and modern epcot.

Our frontrunners are (if I'm not missing any)

• Geology
  • Weather
  • Fire
  • Water (More focused on water itself than fish like Living seas)
  • Elements (blending parts of fire, water, geology, and weather)
  • Space
  • Games/The Science of Fun (Board Games and sports originally, video games added later)
  • Art/Literature
  • Dreams
  • Emotions
Not too late to share a different idea if you have one!

pix

Oh no!

We're making an EPCOT Pavilion for opening day. And then doing big updates for 90s Epcot and modern epcot.

• Geology
  • Weather
  • Fire
  • Space
  • Games/The Science of Fun (Board Games and sports originally, video games added later)
  • Art/Literature
  • Dreams
  • Emotions
My pyromaniac heart says fire with my second being elements and third... Weather

Shannoninthemagic

Oh no!

• Geology
  • Weather
  • Fire
  • Space
  • Art/Literature
  • Dreams
  • Emotions
I'm into all of these, but fire and wate ( only because I think it's too small of a topic)
If we have to rank
1. Emotions/ Brain , Dreams , Games
2. Elements,weather, space, art/literature
3. Geology

Shannoninthemagic

Well, weā€™re gonna have to rank single concepts, not like, three things in one spot lol.
I'll try to narrow it down, but just use me as a tiebreaker or something, because I'm up for almost anything
1. Emotions/brain OR dreams ( I feel that if we do Emotions/brain we can work a dream thing into the pavilion)
2. Elements or Weather ( I feel like they are simlar kinda two sides of the same coin)
3.Games

D Hulk

Iā€™m generally in favor of further developing idea outlines before we settle on one. Lets us know we have something that works.

Like the Mind / Emotions Pavilion has plenty to work with. Overall brain-shaped architecture - iconic structures are central to FW. 1980s ride is...the dream ride maybe? Weā€™d need to substantially distinguish it from Imagination with a unique ride system and visuals. Thatā€™s a risk. Needs more thought. Five senses post ride exhibit perhaps. Not sure what the 2000s brings. The 2020s see Inside Out folded in, perhaps added to existing stuff, perhaps with a C-ticket addition.

Or the geology idea, the Inner Earth Pavilion. Designed like a conical manmade volcano, surrounded by more naturalistic rock work and lush volcanic soil landscaping. Entered via underground lava tube. (Volcano also = fire! @pix) Main 1980s ride is a typical EPCOT long slow dark ride, themed to probing the increasing depths of the earthā€™s layers. Maybe an original mascot to go with it? Maybe preceded by a ā€œterravatorā€ pre-show, which is very ā€œLiving Seasā€ and also used on DisneySeaā€™s JTTCOTE.

Post-ride exhibit, The Rock Works, on unique rock types, plus interactive excavation pits (playground a-la Boneyard?). And an overall pavilion common space like a geology HQ miles underground.

Into the 2000s, thereā€™d be a short-lived Atlantis overlay perhaps, since thatā€™s precisely the era when Imagineering hoped that movie would hit big. Maybe more...the 2000s are the hardest for me to grasp.

Come the 2020s the OG ideas are restored and modified for FWā€™s new ā€œnatureā€ are that I havenā€™t researched, with perhaps a thrill ride added into an expansion pad - maybe a variant on the Geyser Mountain ā€œspaceshotā€ concept of riders being launched vertically from the volcano. Maybe a small C-ticket with IP, like e.g. Rock Talk with Korg (& Miek) - Disney cannot use Avengers in Orlando, but these guys I think are OK.

And the main ride gets a new narrator in each era, going from a Tom Brokaw / Dan Rather type (Cronkite is used already, right?) and ending today with, naturally, The Rock. We can never use him enough!

volcano1-537x394.jpg

62738135ebb9a650f62f5aa2b0a37dc1.jpg

Pavilion interior inspired by You Only Live Twice

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Iā€™m generally in favor of further developing idea outlines before we settle on one. Lets us know we have something that works.

Like the Mind / Emotions Pavilion has plenty to work with. Overall brain-shaped architecture - iconic structures are central to FW. 1980s ride is...the dream ride maybe? Weā€™d need to substantially distinguish it from Imagination with a unique ride system and visuals. Thatā€™s a risk. Needs more thought. Five senses post ride exhibit perhaps. Not sure what the 2000s brings. The 2020s see Inside Out folded in, perhaps added to existing stuff, perhaps with a C-ticket addition.

Or the geology idea, the Inner Earth Pavilion. Designed like a conical manmade volcano, surrounded by more naturalistic rock work and lush volcanic soil landscaping. Entered via underground lava tube. (Volcano also = fire! @pix) Main 1980s ride is a typical EPCOT long slow dark ride, themed to probing the increasing depths of the earthā€™s layers. Maybe an original mascot to go with it? Maybe preceded by a ā€œterravatorā€ pre-show, which is very ā€œLiving Seasā€ and also used on DisneySeaā€™s JTTCOTE.

Post-ride exhibit, The Rock Works, on unique rock types, plus interactive excavation pits (playground a-la Boneyard?). And an overall pavilion common space like a geology HQ miles underground.

Into the 2000s, thereā€™d be a short-lived Atlantis overlay perhaps, since thatā€™s precisely the era when Imagineering hoped that movie would hit big. Maybe more...the 2000s are the hardest for me to grasp.

Come the 2020s the OG ideas are restored and modified for FWā€™s new ā€œnatureā€ are that I havenā€™t researched, with perhaps a thrill ride added into an expansion pad - maybe a variant on the Geyser Mountain ā€œspaceshotā€ concept of riders being launched vertically from the volcano. Maybe a small C-ticket with IP, like e.g. Rock Talk with Korg (& Miek) - Disney cannot use Avengers in Orlando, but these guys I think are OK.

And the main ride gets a new narrator in each era, going from a Tom Brokaw / Dan Rather type (Cronkite is used already, right?) and ending today with, naturally, The Rock. We can never use him enough!

volcano1-537x394.jpg

62738135ebb9a650f62f5aa2b0a37dc1.jpg

Pavilion interior inspired by You Only Live Twice
Love these! Really help some pitches come to life!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom