TEAM REALITY BRAINSTORMING THREAD

Shannoninthemagic

For the Elements, The palivion would be divided in four different areas, each having a different look, Earth could take a page from the geo concept above ( basically, we just want to stay away from stuff that's covered in Living with the land.) and would look more rocky and green then the other areas. Fire could maybe be either a volanco themed attraction or cover firefighting. Water could have an attraction with the water cycle. Air could be either something to do with wind or something to do with flight. In the 2000's we could work in ips and maybe update some of the rides to be more thrilling. 2021, more ips and maybe a refresh.

D Hulk

Four Elements might be over ambitious for this prompt. We’d need to create four sub-areas with four attractions just for 1982, to say nothing of the two later eras. Plus the four classical Elements, while a great organizing concept, are rather unscientific for Future World, except perhaps as the first part of a ride about modern chemical elements or something.

Any one element (like weather, geology, waters) provides plenty of material for this challenge however.

Shannoninthemagic

Four Elements might be over ambitious for this prompt. We’d need to create four sub-areas with four attractions just for 1982, to say nothing of the two later eras. Plus the four classical Elements, while a great organizing concept, are rather unscientific for Future World, except perhaps as the first part of a ride about modern chemical elements or something.

Any one element (like weather, geology, waters) provides plenty of material for this challenge however.
I disagree, I feel like one element is too narrow- especially for the size of the pavilions. Maybe in 1982, we start with two elements ( Maybe fire and water since those aren't present in the land), then in 2000's we add the other two along with adjusting the og elements. With 2020 being a refresh of all of them, bringing them to modern disney. We use the classical elements as an organizing concept and delve into the sciencetfic areas linked to each element. Water be a ride on the water cycle, fire be on a volanco.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

It would depend on how we handled "elements" as a theme. I wasn't picturing attractions for each or even divisions. In my mind I saw a fire E-Ticket, a water C-Ticket, and an exhibit space with displays on the other elements. Which would put this pavilion at the same size/scale as Imagination, Land, and Wonders of Life.

For the display space, I was picturing stuff like those storm simulator booth that malls used to have where they blast you with wind. Or plasma balls to show a visual representation of lightning. Or maybe an "elevator" into the earth's core which is just a room with a screen and the floor shaking a bit. Small things.

Although I do agree that a single element would give us more focus. And in general "more focus" is my preference.

I really don't think we can go wrong with anything we've discussed. There's some that might be slightly too limited or come with added challenges to make them feel unique, but nothin we couldn't handle. I really am game for anything and confident we could make something really special with whatever we choose!

D Hulk

I really don't think we can go wrong with anything we've discussed. There's some that might be slightly too limited or come with added challenges to make them feel unique, but nothin we couldn't handle. I really am game for anything and confident we could make something really special with whatever we choose!
I agree with this assessment. Also, what Pi and @Shannoninthemagic have said in defense of the Elements has largely assuaged my concerns about it.

If 2-4 of us are extremely passionate about a specific concept (like @Tegan pilots a chicken & I were about F&F last round), best to go with their interest since they’d be the ones developing the specifics in-depth.

TwilightZone

Yeah my top three are still the same. I’m not feeling elements. It’s a little abstract. I would like it in modern Epcot. I don’t like it for EPCOT Center.
Could still work
80s - dark ride/movie about the elements with an interactive area of some sort
90s - thrill ride based on one of the elements added in
00s - some sort of ip infusion? maybe pixar shorts?

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Yeah my top three are still the same. I’m not feeling elements. It’s a little abstract. I would like it in modern Epcot. I don’t like it for EPCOT Center.
tenor.gif

Yes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom