Team Cap: Season 14, Project One brainstorming thread

Suchomimus

Pokemon's a cartoon right?

Hey team -- maybe we can have an interactive game where you have to use your smartphone to catch all the pokemon in the land
will-you-snag-a-pikachu-in-the-wild.jpg

Oh...nvrmind.

spacemt354

Chili's
Bad Toontown (could potentially be indoors, so climate would never be a problem as well as always being night)
E-ticket-Headliner: Coaster/Slot-Car (only one in entire land as to appeal to every age group)
D-ticket: Forgotten Mansion
D-ticket: Boat ride going under bridges and through the world of weezels. (or could be in Good Toontown)
B-ticket: A new unique of flat ride

Good Toontown
E-Ticket: Escape... (LPS ride system combining screens and
C-ticket: Classic dark ride maybe based around Mickey Mouse
Hollywood (Could use Sunset Boulevard? Also would be a nice lead-in to the many attractions as it would be laid-back and have many restaraunts)
E/D-Ticket Show: Soarin' Style?
C-ticket Show:
B-Ticket Show:
B-Ticket: Trolley

Up to all of you guys if you want to do this plan, and although this is ambitious... the plan is supposed to be Blue Sky, so the best stuff remains.
We might have too many E-tickets here. I'm seeing three? I think one would be good and the rest be D-tickets on down, but this is good!

Daveeeeed

Toontown To-Do List

Bad Toontown (It could potentially be indoors, so climate would never be a problem as well as it always being night)

E-ticket-Headliner: Coaster/Slot-Car (only one in entire land as to appeal to every age group)
D-ticket: Shanghai POTC style indoor/outdoor Boat ride going under bridges and through the world of weezels. (Transportation to Good Toontown)
C-ticket: Winnie The Pooh Style
B-ticket: A new unique flat ride
M&G Weezels | What else?
Restaurants
Shops

Good Toontown (Idea for a name?)

D-ticket: Shanghai POTC style indoor/outdoor Boat ride showcasing the good in toons (Transportation to Bad Toontown)
C-Ticket: Classic dark ride. (Possibly based around Mickey Mouse)
C-Ticket Show:
B-ticket Flatride ex. style of Dumbo
M&G Minnie & Donald possibly | What else?
Restaurants
Shops

Hollywood (Could it be called Sunset Boulevard? Also, it would be a nice lead-in to the many attractions as it would be laid-back and have many restaurants)

D/C-Ticket Show: Soarin' Style?
C-Ticket Show: One Man's Dream (similar to Lincoln at Disneyland)
B-Ticket Show:
B-Ticket Trolley
B-Ticket Disneyland Railroad
M&G Mickey Mouse | Popular movie release character (ex. Olaf)
Restaurants
Shops

Tally of Rides Disneyland
E-Tickets 2 | 1
D-Tickets 3/4 | 2
C-Tickets 4 | 5 (6 or 7 including Storybook & Casey Jr.)
B-Tickets 5 | 4 (3 without Storybook)
M&G 4+ | 3+

Schedule
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday

Notes
  • Would a toonified CinéMagique be a good idea to have? I feel like it could be a fun parody and act as a great diversion.
  • How could we do a D-ticket screen show? Soarin' style?
  • Are two E-tickets a good balance? Coaster and Non-Coaster? Tokyo is about to have 3+ (HM, Pooh, B&TB)
  • Forbidden Mansion could be a D-ticket. We could also change the theme from a Mansion to something else possibly.
  • Names for the sub-lands, and for the whole land.
  • Rides in Hollywood or no?
  • Can we use movie ips or just tv shows?
  • Thoughts about a "spoiler" final project format

Anything can be changed. About half of this probably has to be dropped.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Toontown To-Do List

Bad Toontown (It could potentially be indoors, so climate would never be a problem as well as it always being night)

D-ticket: Shanghai POTC style indoor/outdoor Boat ride going under bridges and through the world of weezels. (Transportation to Good Toontown)
C-ticket: Winnie The Pooh Style
B-ticket: A new unique flat ride
M&G Weezels | What else?
Restaurants
Shops

Good Toontown (Idea for a name?)

D-ticket: Shanghai POTC style indoor/outdoor Boat ride showcasing the good in toons (Transportation to Bad Toontown)
C-Ticket: Classic dark ride. (Possibly based around Mickey Mouse)
C-Ticket Show:
B-ticket Flatride ex. style of Dumbo
M&G Minnie & Donald possibly | What else?
Restaurants
Shops

Hollywood (Could it be called Sunset Boulevard? Also, it would be a nice lead-in to the many attractions as it would be laid-back and have many restaurants)

D/C-Ticket Show: Soarin' Style?
C-Ticket Show: One Man's Dream (similar to Lincoln at Disneyland)
B-Ticket Show:
B-Ticket Trolley
B-Ticket Disneyland Railroad
M&G Mickey Mouse | Popular movie release character (ex. Olaf)
Restaurants
Shops

Tally of Rides Disneyland
E-Tickets 2 Max 1
D-Tickets 3/4 2
C-Tickets 4 5 (6 or 7 including Storybook & Casey Jr.)
B-Tickets 5 4 (3 without Storybook)
M&G 4+ 3+

Schedule
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday

Notes
  • Would a toonified CinéMagique be a good idea to have? I feel like it could be a fun parody and act as a great diversion.
  • How could we do a D-ticket screen show? Soarin' style?
  • Are two E-tickets a good balance? Coaster and Non-Coaster? Tokyo is about to have 3+ (HM, Pooh, B&TB)
  • Forbidden Mansion could be a D-ticket. We could also change the theme from a Mansion to something else possibly.
  • Names for the sub-lands, and for the whole land.
  • Rides in Hollywood or no?
  • Can we use movie ips or just tv shows?

Anything can be changed.
I love the enthusiasm...but I think we need to scale down a bit on the D-E tickets. Not only because Disneyland has less, but because we need people to write them up.

E/Ds require more detail and sometimes less quantity is more quality -- in the respect that you can focus all of your attention on 1 main attraction rather than spreading yourself thin doing multiple Es which as a result would make the detail in each E less -- if that makes sense. :bookworm:

Daveeeeed

I love the enthusiasm...but I think we need to scale down a bit on the D-E tickets. Not only because Disneyland has less, but because we need people to write them up.

E/Ds require more detail and sometimes less quantity is more quality -- in the respect that you can focus all of your attention on 1 main attraction rather than spreading yourself thin doing multiple Es which as a result would make the detail in each E less -- if that makes sense. :bookworm:
Sounds good! I realize that this is very unrealistic to do, so I was thinking like we pick the best of stuff. :D

spacemt354

Chili's
Sounds good! I realize that this is very unrealistic to do, so I was thinking like we pick the best of stuff. :D
Lol but it's a really good list

Let's focus on what IPs we want to include -- and then go from there. I'll start it off:

With thousands of cartoons to choose from, I do want to go a bit out of the box with some of the choices, as I think that'll notch us some creativity points. That said -- some cartoons I'm familiar with that I don't have to do research for - Space Jam, Rocket Power, Spongebob, Adventure Time, Bob's Burgers, Courage the Cowardly Dog.

spacemt354

Chili's
some cartoons I'm familiar with that I don't have to do research for - Space Jam, Rocket Power, Spongebob, Adventure Time, Bob's Burgers, Courage the Cowardly Dog.
I say this because -- cartoons that you know, the concept for the attraction/ride/show/etc will come much easier. Especially with such an interactive land and 9 days...real life work can pile up quick, and the familiarity with the IP can save you a lot of time.

And this project is blue sky and expansive enough, where we don't all have to agree or be familiar with every IP in the land. We can divide up the work based on who is familiar with what, and then blend them in after.

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm not concerned too much above cohesiveness....because Fantasyland is not too cohesive -- it's a bunch of IPs thrown together with a vague theme of courtyard, forest, and storybook circus, and no ToonTown would ever be completely seamless when involving different animation techniques and studios.

So once we have the IPs down...we can then focus on their placement and how to create the transitions throughout the land.

spacemt354

Chili's
I'll just throw it out there -- an interactive, usable, Space Jam basketball gym in ToonTown...could be amazing and unique in a theme park.

I'd be more than happy to take that

And anything Bob's Burgers -- because that could make a restaurant/quick service. The show is full of puns which I can come up with :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom