Team Cap: Season 14, Project One brainstorming thread

MonorailRed

Applebees
d39a720eb1a4825c8071f9e09063387c.jpg

kmbmw777

Idea for Ride
The Forgotten Mansion -
When a toon becomes forgotten, they move out of the glorious penthouses and suburbs of ToonTowns, into is this overcrowded mansion, where spend the rest of their lives as shells of their former selfs. These angry toons lure visitors in so they can trap them forever, and its up to the guests and soon helpful toons to restore them to their former glory.

spacemt354

Chili's
My suggestion since we haven't heard from Cranium.

If you take Fantasyland in the Magic Kingdom as the "example" of a fully-formed anchor land, which this challenge requests, then you're looking at a makeup such as this:

E-Ticket/D-Ticket "Main Attraction" (Mine Train)
D-Ticket Dark Ride (Little Mermaid)
D-Ticket Dark Ride (Peter Pan)
D-Ticket Boat Ride (it's a small world)
C-Ticket Dark Ride (Winnie the Pooh)
C-Ticket Show (Philarmagic)
B-Ticket Family Coaster (Great Goofini)
B-Ticket Show (Enchanted Tales with Belle)
B-Ticket Spinner (Dumbo)
B-Ticket Flat (Carousel)
B-Ticket Flat (Tea Cups)
Assorted water play areas, meet&greets, interactive areas, D-Zone, 3-4 shops, and 3-4 dining areas.

---------------------------------------

From the E-C variety, there are 6 attraction possibilities going off of the Fantasyland format. The way I think it should go is if kmb wants the Forgotten Mansion, then he takes it, and writes it up. If Cranium wants Scooby-Doo, then he writes it up, and so on.

Having everyone agree on every attraction before we begin is just going to delay us, and with so many options, it's highly unlikely everyone will agree with every inclusion.

I've also gotten criticized in the past in this game for doing "too much" so I'm just going to do my part, and call it a day. With about 9 days and 7 people on the team, if we use this format and divide it evenly, everyone will be responsible for 2 "attractions" (including the water play areas and M&Gs) and 1 dining/shopping area. Which for 9 days is not a lot of work.

The Excavator

@Angels and Disney's and @David2319 do you guys have any suggestions for IPs to use? Some point today we'll compile the ideas we have so far, but want to make sure your ideas are included. I know Red will be here sometime tonight.

With the theme of this project allowing any and all IPs...it seems like a good opportunity to go in a completely different direction than what has been done in the past for these imagineering projects. Many times I've seen ToonTown projects with Mickey, the Fab Five, DuckTales, etc. I can go get those for research purposes, but I think with an entire library of unused IPs (Looney Tunes, Adult Cartoons, Cartoon Network, etc) this is the one time to do something unique. :bookworm:
Hey sorry. I'll be willing to do anything. I'm more comfortable with shows from 2000 and on though. Gravity Falls mostly.

CraniumCommand89

My suggestion since we haven't heard from Cranium.

If you take Fantasyland in the Magic Kingdom as the "example" of a fully-formed anchor land, which this challenge requests, then you're looking at a makeup such as this:

E-Ticket/D-Ticket "Main Attraction" (Mine Train)
D-Ticket Dark Ride (Little Mermaid)
D-Ticket Dark Ride (Peter Pan)
D-Ticket Boat Ride (it's a small world)
C-Ticket Show (Philarmagic)
B-Ticket Family Coaster (Great Goofini)
B-Ticket Show (Enchanted Tales with Belle)
B-Ticket Spinner (Dumbo)
B-Ticket Flat (Carousel)
B-Ticket Flat (Tea Cups)
Assorted water play areas, meet&greets, interactive areas, D-Zone, 3-4 shops, and 3-4 dining areas.

---------------------------------------

From the E-C variety, there are 6 attraction possibilities going off of the Fantasyland format. The way I think it should go is if kmb wants the Forgotten Mansion, then he takes it, and writes it up. If Cranium wants Scooby-Doo, then he writes it up, and so on.

Having everyone agree on every attraction before we begin is just going to delay us, and with so many options, it's highly unlikely everyone will agree with every inclusion.

I've also gotten criticized in the past in this game for doing "too much" so I'm just going to do my part, and call it a day. With about 9 days and 7 people on the team, if we use this format and divide it evenly, everyone will be responsible for 2 "attractions" (including the water play areas and M&Gs) and 1 dining/shopping area. Which for 9 days is not a lot of work.
I can do B-Tickets. There was talk of a Scooby Doo mystery game, that sounds like fun. I could do that too.

Daveeeeed

I believe that is the plan yes...however instead of those 3 areas...it would be a ToonTown Urban, Suburban, and Rural areas
What about a sort of New York City/ L.A. with Toontown style plaza area, and then a dark, and perhaps a 2D world (although 2D may look tacky like Marvel Superhero Island at IOA).

latest

DSC_3663.jpg

Inspiration!!!

(notice the curvy architecture and how the narrowing streets gives it a larger than life presence)
DSC_0697-Edit_8-Edit_9-Edit_fused1-9.jpg

WWoHP-Diagon-Alley.jpg

PHOTO12_.jpg

tokyo_disneysea6.jpg

avatar_Full_25026.jpg;width=630;height=422;mode=crop;quality=60;encoder=freeimage;progressive=true

spacemt354

Chili's
What about a sort of New York City/ L.A. with Toontown style plaza area, and then a dark, and perhaps a 2D world (although 2D may look tacky like Marvel Superhero Island at IOA).

latest

DSC_3663.jpg

Inspiration!!!

(notice the curvy architecture and how the narrowing streets gives it a larger than life presence)
DSC_0697-Edit_8-Edit_9-Edit_fused1-9.jpg

WWoHP-Diagon-Alley.jpg

PHOTO12_.jpg

tokyo_disneysea6.jpg

avatar_Full_25026.jpg;width=630;height=422;mode=crop;quality=60;encoder=freeimage;progressive=true
We could branch it out like starting out you are in L.A. and then one side becomes a gangster overrun part of toontown while the other side is Toontown.
Sounds cool! Thoughts everyone?

Daveeeeed

-yay-meme-12420.jpg

Now -- going off of that -- let's just compile a list of IPs that we want to use. Just throw out anything...then from the list we can confirm which ones will fit the best and which ones we want to delve into.
For it to fit architecturally and since it is based on Toontown I'm thinking if we divide it up into sections that will help.

Personally, as much as I want to... I don't want to do the Tower of Terror because ours will be compared to that one while The Haunted Mansion as they said had untapped potential could work better, and to make it unique a D-ticket might be best.

B-Ticket Spinner (Dumbo)
B-Ticket Flat (Tea Cups)
Bad Toontown (could potentially be indoors, so climate would never be a problem as well as always being night)
E-ticket-Headliner: Coaster/Slot-Car (only one in entire land as to appeal to every age group)
D-ticket: Forgotten Mansion
D-ticket: Boat ride going under bridges and through the world of weezels. (or could be in Good Toontown)
B-ticket: A new unique of flat ride

Good Toontown
E-Ticket: Escape... (LPS ride system combining screens and
C-ticket: Classic dark ride maybe based around Mickey Mouse
Hollywood (Could use Sunset Boulevard? Also would be a nice lead-in to the many attractions as it would be laid-back and have many restaraunts)
E/D-Ticket Show: Soarin' Style?
C-ticket Show:
B-Ticket Show:
B-Ticket: Trolley

Up to all of you guys if you want to do this plan, and although this is ambitious... the plan is supposed to be Blue Sky, so the best stuff remains.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom