Team Brava/Castle - Magic Mountain Brainstorming Workshop

D Hulk

Original Poster
Magic Mountain presentation deliverables:
Simply a rough outline of what we need for the presentation and who might be creating it. Will be filled out as tasks are accomplished.

Park and project intro: D Hindley (2 paragraphs)
Budget breakdown

Phase 1
Intro to DC retheme of west side lands
: kmbmw777 (1-2 paragraphs)
Gotham Pier: kmbmw777 (1 paragraph)
- Batman the Ride VR redo: kmbmw777 (1 sentence)
- Green Lantern to Joker redo: kmbmw777 (1 sentence)
- Flat rides redo: kmbmw777 (1 sentence each)
Metropolis Plaza: kmbmw777 (1 paragraph)
- Riddler to Green Lantern redo: kmbmw777 (1 sentence)
- Gold Rusher redo (to Green Arrow?): kmbmw777 (1 sentence)
Olympic Realms: kmbmw777 (1 paragraph)
- Apocalypse to Wonder Woman redo: kmbmw777 (1 sentence)
- Jet Stream to Aquaman redo: kmbmw777 (1 sentence)
- Extra (go-carts and catapult): kmbmw777 (1 sentence)

Phase 2
Escape from Krypton
: D Hindley (whole write-up)
Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom redo: D Hindley (1 sentence)
Superman Summit land: D Hindley (1 paragraph)
- Tatsu to Superman redo: D Hindley (1 sentence)
- Ninja to Zod redo: D Hindley (1 sentence)
- Funicular to the land: D Hindley (1 sentence)

Phase 3
Flashpoint
: TBD (whole write-up)
Central City entry area: TBD (1-2 paragraphs)
Anything else (e.g. buses to DLR): TBD (1 sentence each)

Other stuff
Art
: D Hindley
Map: D Hindley
RCT type video: TBD (possibly Voxel)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Calling RCT/PC fans! @Voxel, @Pionmycake, @mickeyfan5534!

We have a Flash themed coaster which could use an optional 3D rendering. If anyone has the time and the interest, of course. :D
I can see what I can do with the Magic Mountain map in RCT 2. Get it to be more grounded in the setting. But it would be a rather simple version of the layout.

I might be able to knock soemthing out Friday evening sat mornign. I’m gonna go kinda MIA over the next two days (though I might get board in lines) I’m gonna be at Universal Studios and Disney

Don't underestimate the power of boredom in lines lol. I did an entire project one time in like for Seven Dwarf Mine Train back when I lived in Orlando haha

Voxel

President of Progress City
I can see what I can do with the Magic Mountain map in RCT 2. Get it to be more grounded in the setting. But it would be a rather simple version of the layout.

Don't underestimate the power of boredom in lines lol. I did an entire project one time in like for Seven Dwarf Mine Train back when I lived in Orlando haha
Haha exactly though I’m hoping to have little to no lines tomorrow

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Haha exactly though I’m hoping to have little to no lines tomorrow
A thursday in early may before even most colleges are out? Unless you're doing flight of passage, it should be desserted lol

And bad news for RCT 2. The Magic Mountain map in it is incredibly outdated. More than I realized. The entire DC corner of the park is just trees. So, I could still build it in RCT2, but the benefit of using that was the Magic Mountain map and that doesn't work really. So, if someone else can do it, that would probably be better

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
@Pionmycake, something as simple as just the ride's layout without any surrounding visuals would be enough. Especially if making the other stuff is time consuming. Thanks! :)

So, my recording software did a weird thing with the window size. But it still shows the ride from multiple angles. Screenshots should be able to be easily taken from the video. The different coaster types and the ability to ride first person of future games might lead to a better coaster/video. But this way you guys have something at least.

D Hulk

Original Poster

So, my recording software did a weird thing with the window size. But it still shows the ride from multiple angles. Screenshots should be able to be easily taken from the video. The different coaster types and the ability to ride first person of future games might lead to a better coaster/video. But this way you guys have something at least.

Wow that was fast! Way to emulate The Flash. ;) It's different from the coaster I'd pictured in a few distinctive ways (scale, launch style, station location), which might partly be a software limitation. For screenshots and such this is still great, especially so soon. Thanks!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Wow that was fast! Way to emulate The Flash. ;) It's different from the coaster I'd pictured in a few distinctive ways (scale, launch style, station location), which might partly be a software limitation. For screenshots and such this is still great, especially so soon. Thanks!
Oh, whoops. I can move the station around if you want. I misread your map.

The launch style and scale were just to best I could do and still make a fast enough ride in RCT2. Like I said, if Vox or someone has the time, a better coaster mor accurate to what you guys were picturing would probably be possible in another system.

And yeah, RCT2 doesn't take me long lol. It took longer for the upload to youtube than it did to make the video haha

D Hulk

Original Poster
A question for my teammates: The Scream floorless coaster needs to move for our new entrance. Do you prefer we keep Scream and relocate it to the former entrance location? Or do you prefer (as @TheOriginalTiki does) that we remove it from the park entirely? (In that case we'll give it to, say, Six Flags La Ronde.)

D Hulk

Original Poster
Here's a draft for the project's intro, summarizing everything we're doing. Whattaya all think?

DISNEY'S MAGIC MOUNTAIN
Magic Mountain is the thrill capitol of the world, home to a record 19 roller coasters. The park’s identity is centered around the latest and the most extreme. In a region which includes Disneyland, Universal Studios and Legoland, this is an important niche. One cannot change that!

Disney embraces Magic Mountain’s intense legacy. Astounding skeptical fans, Disney’s $1 billion revamp will maintain Magic Mountain’s core identity while adding place-making and theming park-wide. In this new direction, Disney’s Magic Mountain becomes the premier theme park destination for DC superheroes. Imagine it, worlds for Batman and Superman on a par with Galaxy’s Edge!

The park’s entire west side is revamped with immersive comic book lands like Gotham Pier, Metropolis Plaza and Olympic Realms. Disney-quality placemaking compliments exciting superhero themes already present. Every west side roller coaster is plussed. Queues and loading stations tell immersive backstories. While on-ride coaster experiences remain largely unchanged (for reasons of budget and practicality), surrounding aesthetic improvements proves that theme and thrill can live together!

Flow is improved. Magic Mountain’s current entrance is poorly-located, a quarter mile uphill from guest parking. Disney will be creating an all-new entrance conveniently located near the parking lot, replacing the mediocre Scream floorless coaster. Themed to DC’s Central City, an atompunk city of the future, and with new coasters rushing overhead, this will be an enticing new entry sequence, a perfect start to a pulse-pounding day of excitement.

Last and best of all, Disney is adding two new signature E-ticket attractions boasting jaw-dropping world records. The new Escape from Krypton strata coaster becomes the world’s tallest, at 440 feet! Flashpoint is the world’s fastest, at 160 mph! These additions are better still for being fully-themed, with immersive storytelling at every twist and turn. It’s the best of Disney and the best of Six Flags!

Come to Disney’s Magic Mountain, where magic meets thrills!

kmbmw777

A question for my teammates: The Scream floorless coaster needs to move for our new entrance. Do you prefer we keep Scream and relocate it to the former entrance location? Or do you prefer (as @TheOriginalTiki does) that we remove it from the park entirely? (In that case we'll give it to, say, Six Flags La Ronde.)
I am a proponent of removing it (and regifting it to another Sic Flags)

kmbmw777

Here's a draft for the project's intro, summarizing everything we're doing. Whattaya all think?

DISNEY'S MAGIC MOUNTAIN
Magic Mountain is the thrill capitol of the world, home to a record 19 roller coasters. The park’s identity is centered around the latest and the most extreme. In a region which includes Disneyland, Universal Studios and Legoland, this is an important niche. One cannot change that!

Disney embraces Magic Mountain’s intense legacy. Astounding skeptical fans, Disney’s $1 billion revamp will maintain Magic Mountain’s core identity while adding place-making and theming park-wide. In this new direction, Disney’s Magic Mountain becomes the premier theme park destination for DC superheroes. Imagine it, worlds for Batman and Superman on a par with Galaxy’s Edge!

The park’s entire west side is revamped with immersive comic book lands like Gotham Pier, Metropolis Plaza and Olympic Realms. Disney-quality placemaking compliments exciting superhero themes already present. Every west side roller coaster is plussed. Queues and loading stations tell immersive backstories. While on-ride coaster experiences remain largely unchanged (for reasons of budget and practicality), surrounding aesthetic improvements proves that theme and thrill can live together!

Flow is improved. Magic Mountain’s current entrance is poorly-located, a quarter mile uphill from guest parking. Disney will be creating an all-new entrance conveniently located near the parking lot, replacing the mediocre Scream floorless coaster. Themed to DC’s Central City, an atompunk city of the future, and with new coasters rushing overhead, this will be an enticing new entry sequence, a perfect start to a pulse-pounding day of excitement.

Last and best of all, Disney is adding two new signature E-ticket attractions boasting jaw-dropping world records. The new Escape from Krypton strata coaster becomes the world’s tallest, at 440 feet! Flashpoint is the world’s fastest, at 160 mph! These additions are better still for being fully-themed, with immersive storytelling at every twist and turn. It’s the best of Disney and the best of Six Flags!

Come to Disney’s Magic Mountain, where magic meets thrills!
I love this! It perfectly fits with what everything we’ve talked about, and is beautifully written! :)

kmbmw777

That's you and Tiki both then, and I'm inclined the same way. Let's mention that in the Central City entrance write-up.
Sounds like a plan! I can handle the Central City área write up.

Should we mention retheming of the restaurants. Gotham currently has a Teen Titans quick service, which could be easily given an overlay to Mr. Freeze’s lab or something?

D Hulk

Original Poster
Sounds like a plan! I can handle the Central City área write up.

Should we mention retheming of the restaurants. Gotham currently has a Teen Titans quick service, which could be easily given an overlay to Mr. Freeze’s lab or something?
I think a sentence blurb for unique restaurant rethemes is appropriate.

You don't mind doing the write-ups for the Phase 1 land/coaster rethemes, do you? I'll be dropping a quick draft of Superman Summit (sans E-ticket write-up or pics) as a reference point.

kmbmw777

I think a sentence blurb for unique restaurant rethemes is appropriate.

You don't mind doing the write-ups for the Phase 1 land/coaster rethemes, do you? I'll be dropping a quick draft of Superman Summit (sans E-ticket write-up or pics) as a reference point.
I can definately handle that! I’ll get that done tonight! :)

D Hulk

Original Poster
Draft of Superman Summit. @kmbmw777, I incorporated elements of your backstory into it (phrases and ideas).

PHASE 2
SUPERMAN SUMMIT
Magic Mountain is built upon an actual mountain. At its top is Samurai Summit, which in our DC park revamp becomes Superman Summit. Picture it, a snowy mountaintop of ice where the Man of Steel retreats to meditate and consider his mission on Earth.

Superman welcomes visitors to his arctic abode for the first time. He invites them to enter the Fortress of Solitude and access dying holographic memory chips, a gift from Kal-El. These chips have the power to immerse guests in Krypton’s history and the planet’s final moments, in our signature "world's tallest" strata coaster Escape from Krypton. Exploring the Summit’s remaining icy expanses, filled with frozen alien formations and rainbow lights and cooling arctic winds, guests will discover more lost Kryptonian technology. From interactive holograms of Kal-El’s memories to hidden tunnels of Kryptonite, there’s more to be found here than just roller coasters.

ESCAPE FROM KRYPTONcomplete write-up coming soonish

LEX LUTHOR: DROP OF DOOM – While technically located down-slope in Metropolis Plaza, the revamped Drop of Doom shares the Escape from Krypton tower structure. In this new version of the fan favorite drop tower, guests explore LexCorp’s R&D department as Luthor’s guests. They ascend to the skyscraper’s penthouse when their glass elevator suddenly plummets, all a ploy by Luthor to draw Superman into a battle.

SUPERMAN’S FIRST FLIGHT – Tatsu, arguably the greatest B&M flying coaster in the world, is rethemed to Superman, the world’s greatest flying superhuman! The queue relocates to the Summit, where guests pass through a crashed Kryptonian ship. They board Jor-El’s hover-tech, then fly over the trees like Superman with rousing onboard music from Warner Brothers’ Man of Steel.

WRATH OF ZOD – Queueing within his World Engine, guests join General Zod in his struggle against Superman. The classic 1988 Ninja suspended coaster gains a new name and theming, while retaining all its time-tested thrills!

SUMMIT EXPRESS – Climbing to Magic Mountain’s summit is no simple task, and the Summit Express funicular ride can help with that, complimenting the Helpful Honda Express on the eastern slope.

kmbmw777

PHASE 1
GOTHAM PIER
frwVNJJtiEyOy-WbztjPrwsVFcfDHUn6u5MXENaS6BTbMVZyEYSwWCQlebhAjG0YjtSoz8iD7qbdbalqpDHr7f3_WTx5u9tpAaIkXIcckfHHAfi410YnK2TK7lEj4oOeCHNCgNZr
Batman is the hero of Gotham - the mysterious vigilante who took down organized crime and bureaucratic corruption with the entire city against him. Now, the only people who stand against him are the lunatics who commit "crime for crime's sake." The Joker is the latest madman to wage war against Gotham's well-being. He has recruited an army of Gotham’s worst criminals/madmen to do this. But in order to accomplish his goal, he struck Gotham where it would hurt the most - the pier. Gotham Pier is a major tourist attraction, with fun rides for families. Lately, it has been going under extensive renovations for new rides, courtesy of Mr. Jay Kerz. But - Mr. Jay Kerz is actually the Joker in disguise, and his carnival rides are revealed to be death traps, designed for human suffering. Will Batman defeat the Joker, find out in this land

THE JOKER – Previously Green Lantern: First Flight, this "Free Spin Coaster" receives minor upgrades in order to make a smoother track and update the color scheme to match the light green and purple that define Batman's nemesis. This ride is given small queue refurbishments so that guests go through the Joker's fun house before boarding.

CATWOMAN'S ESCAPE - Previously known as Flash: Speed Force, this "music express" ride (where guests ride in cars and spin around in a circle) is themed to Batman's sometimes lover, and always rival. As you spin around, police sirens and other noises are added to make guests feel the fear of getting caught.

SCARECROW: VERTIGO - Previously Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth, this "round up" ride spins guest really fast in a circle, while centripetal force holds them against the wall. As guests spin, smoke appears (which symbolizes Scarecrow's weapon of choice - fear gas).

MR FREEZE'S LAB- Themed to Batman's ice-themed villain, this restaurant is replacing Teen Titans: Pizzeria and will be set in a futuristic laboratory. Pizza will still be served.

BATMAN: WAR FOR GOTHAM - Join Commissioner Gordon's task force to aid Batman in the reconquering of Gotham Pier in Six Flag's newest Virtual Reality upgrade to Magic Mountain's classic Batman: The Ride inverted B&M coaster. In the ride zoom through the Gotham pier while you watch Batman fight his worst enemies like the Joker, Two-Face, Mr. Freeze, and Bane. The queue is also remodeled to resemble the Gotham police headquarters, while the exit line now resembles the Batcave.

Last edited:

kmbmw777

PHASE 1
METROPOLIS PLAZA
RlQEbNjuHO461mdtVQ8BiOHCxtxKe5PfEykDMWBXOqPcmNdVCWALVIm8ogVOAlWZPFQTUlAb8CmiMeVjJqUIXIO2UGLixX4bzC52j-izT5dcc5SROzm9SFEqUlXciZQElSAGUTe2
The Justice League of America spends all of their time saving the world from threats. From Darkseid, the alien conqueror, to Vandal Savage, the immortal warlord, they have faced off against all types of villains. It is time that they get a rest too… Right? In order to honor the superheros, the Metropolis government has set up the “Festival of Heroes,” just outside of the Hall of Justice - the Justice League headquarters, which is located in Metropolis as opposed to its comic/television show counterpart of Washington D.C. With fun rides and meet and greets, everyone can join in on the fun of the “Festival of Heroes,” as all superheroes will be hosting fun games.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS - No change, still battle against Lex Luthor and the Joker's team up in order to save Metropolis.

GREEN LANTERN: THE FURY OF ATROCOTIS - The Red Lantern Corps, led by Atrocitus, are invading Earth! Save the day alongside Hal Jordan, the Green Lantern of Sector 2187, in this retheme of The Riddler's Revenge B&M standing coaster. Elements from Green Lantern: First Flight's queue are moved here, and several other set-pieces are added to queue. Ride the attraction at night to see the skylights in green and red for a better experience.

GREEN ARROW: FROM LIAN YU - Before he was everyone's favorite archer (Yeah, you heard me, Hawkeye!), Oliver Queen was stranded on the deserted island of Lian Yu for five years where he learned the skills that he needed to survive. Zoom around this natural wonderland in this family-friendly coaster, which is a renovated version of Gold Rusher.

PLASTIC MAN'S SPINNER replaces Scrambler, and is now themed around everyone's favorite elastic hero. Minor upgrades in recoloring the ride.

JUSTICE LEAGUE CARTS - Bumper cars are repainted to match the Justice League.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom