Team Brava/Castle - Magic Mountain Brainstorming Workshop

D Hulk

Original Poster
I liked kmb's idea of using reverse flash as the villain.
You could also call the ride Flashpoint in reference to the period when the flash ran fast enough to time travel and tie-in with reverse flash.
I like that. Was considering doing a Flashpoint overlay during Fright Fest, since it involves a super dark DC timeline. It's a great name nonetheless and it ties in with Reverse Flash. Could be the general name/theme.

D Hulk

Original Poster
enhance

Here's Formula Rossa, the world's fastest roller coaster (149 mph), laid over Magic Mountain. The layout is mirrored. Green on the red track (near "Batman") is where the launch begins, and yellow is where it hits max speed.

(The long green is Kingda Ka placed over Superman: The Escape, and it fits like a glove!)

So obviously a world's fastest Flash coaster (aiming for 160 mph) would go into the parking lot. This is realistic. Knowing the park, I'd say it is entirely doable with a few intelligent layout changes. Those are wanted anyway, since Formula Rossa's post-launch track is supposed to be fairly underwhelming. I think this is viable, and I'll be working on a fresh layout soon.

D Hulk

Original Poster
enhance

First draft of a Flash layout.

A is the queue and loading station. There now is the rotting carcass of Tidal Wave. All this is next door to Riddler and the Justice League dark ride and would be a part of the Metropolis Plaza land.

Pre-launch allows for a little slower dark ride stuff actually, since we need to get around the Green Lantern: First Flight structure for our straightaway. B is the "flashpoint" - AKA the launch.

This straightaway passes over portions of Gotham Pier (including directly over the existing Flash flat ride). Everything past that is backstage. C is where we hit max speed, 160 mph.

This layout keeps the hill + turn + drop elements from Formula Rossa, since those work well. Later elements are more varied. As the train starts slowing to a "mere" 80 mph it can do Maverick-style maneuvers like S-turns and heartline rolls and such.

D is where the ride spans the entrance and turns back. I'm thinking of a Twisted Horseshoe Roll element here.

Then a final series of over-banked S-turns (E) and a return to the station (F) along a series of ejector airtime hills.

In addition to the world record for fastest, this might be the world's longest roller coaster, a tad over 1.5 miles!

kmbmw777

enhance

A is the queue and loading station. There now is the rotting carcass of Tidal Wave. All this is next door to Riddler and the Justice League dark ride and would be a part of the Metropolis Plaza land.

Pre-launch allows for a little slower dark ride stuff actually, since we need to get around the Green Lantern: First Flight structure for our straightaway. B is the "flashpoint" - AKA the launch.

This straightaway passes over portions of Gotham Pier (including directly over the existing Flash flat ride). Everything past that is backstage. C is where we hit max speed, 160 mph.

This layout keeps the hill + turn + drop elements from Formula Rossa, since those work well. Later elements are more varied. As the train starts slowing to a "mere" 80 mph it can do Maverick-style maneuvers like S-turns and heartline rolls and such.

D is where the ride spans the entrance and turns back. I'm thinking of a Twisted Horseshoe Roll element here.

Then a final series of over-banked S-turns (E) and a return to the station (F) along a series of ejector airtime hills.

In addition to the world record for fastest, this might be the world's longest roller coaster, a tad over 1.5 miles!
Holy Flash! This is an ambitious design! Me likey! Would we be essentially constructing a warped (because of speed) city for us to zoom through in the C,D,E area? Also, how much of the park would be themed to the atompunk Central City?

D Hulk

Original Poster
Holy Flash! This is an ambitious design! Me likey! Would we be essentially constructing a warped (because of speed) city for us to zoom through in the C,D,E area? Also, how much of the park would be themed to the atompunk Central City?
Warped city, exactly! And perhaps at night there could be a lighting package of yellow Speed Force lightning too. In places like C, D and E, the track rushes through a U-shaped city-themed trench. That immerses riders with minimum area needed for themed decor. When crossing over walkways, the tracks can resemble El Train tracks or such.

enhance

The blue area (presently Screamscape District) is the planned Central City atompunk entry area. This can extend further into the parking lot as needed. With the Flash coaster racing over the entry gates, and perhaps a Justice League fountain before it and the themed coaster towers behind, could make for a great brand new park entrance!

Purple - Gotham. Yellow - Metropolis (extended north awkwardly because of the Lex Luthor drop tower). Green - Olympic Realms (good name). Red - Land of Steel / Superman Summit (not including the 3 coaster footprints).

D Hulk

Original Poster
Backstory's looking great. Looking forward to what you create for Land of Steel / Superman Summit. Not sure on which name is better yet.

Afterwards I might modify the ride description sections for the sake of presentation and brevity. Beyond our two main rides (Flashpoint and Escape from Krypton), we should have no more than a brief blurb or paragraph for every additional element. With 3 other projects, don't want another long Google Doc situation.

D Hulk

Original Poster
Carowinds is doing a phased opening. We (and the other teams) should too. @DisneyFan18

Phase 1 (2020): DC retheme of park's west side and coasters
Phase 2 (2022): Escape from Krypton and new Superman Summit land
Phase 3 (2023): Flashpoint coaster and new Central City entrance

Last edited:

kmbmw777

Land of Steel / Superman Summit. Not sure on which name is better yet.
I think I have a preference towards Superman Summit! :D
extended north awkwardly because of the Lex Luthor drop tower
Did this attraction need any refurbs? I was under the impression that it was being demolished alltogether, but I think having a LexCorp building could be cool!
Afterwards I might modify the ride description sections for the sake of presentation and brevity. Beyond our two main rides (Flashpoint and Escape from Krypton), we should have no more than a brief blurb or paragraph for every additional element. With 3 other projects, don't want another long Google Doc situation.
I agree. For some reason, when I was writing, I completely forgot that we were doing a powerpoint! I can definitely make some modifications to focus solely on the backstory (unless we wanted land overview (like attractions) in this section).

D Hulk

Original Poster
Did this attraction need any refurbs? I was under the impression that it was being demolished alltogether, but I think having a LexCorp building could be cool!
The current Drop of Doom shares its tower with the current Escape from Krypton. Since we're redoing the latter (with a 400'+ tall tower themed to LexCorp) I figure we'll be redoing the former as well. Was gonna write just one paragraph on it, a drop tower with more physical set pieces on the way up and with a complete queue experience.
I agree. For some reason, when I was writing, I completely forgot that we were doing a powerpoint! I can definitely make some modifications to focus solely on the backstory (unless we wanted land overview (like attractions) in this section).
You're passionate while writing, that's a wonderful thing. Modify however you're inspired. Write the land mods if you're inclined.

kmbmw777

The current Drop of Doom shares its tower with the current Escape from Krypton. Since we're redoing the latter (with a 400'+ tall tower themed to LexCorp) I figure we'll be redoing the former as well. Was gonna write just one paragraph on it, a drop tower with more physical set pieces on the way up and with a complete queue experience.
Sounds cool!
You're passionate while writing, that's a wonderful thing. Modify however you're inspired. Write the land mods if you're inclined.
Alright, I shall. Version 2.0, here I come! :D

D Hulk

Original Poster
enhance

@Poe Dameron didn’t you say that RFT2 has Magic Mountain resources on it? Would you be able to create some version of this Flashpoint ride (pure layout, theming not needed)?

Disney Dad 3000

Backstory's looking great. Looking forward to what you create for Land of Steel / Superman Summit. Not sure on which name is better yet.

I think this is a good note for all 4 projects. While the overhauls and retheming are great, 4 normal sentences should cover most of those topics ,if that , since there are going to be 8 detailed rides to read through.

Poe Dameron

Ok lots of things happened since yesterday. As I said I'm not home so brainstorming might be difficult, the best that can probably happen is leave me a writing part, whatever needs to be done, and I'll do it the best I can. Sorry I can't be much more help than that this project.

D Hulk

Original Poster
Ok lots of things happened since yesterday. As I said I'm not home so brainstorming might be difficult, the best that can probably happen is leave me a writing part, whatever needs to be done, and I'll do it the best I can. Sorry I can't be much more help than that this project.
Thanks for the heads up, and good luck with things.

If you have the time to write something, would you be comfortable writing a new entrance for Magic Mountain? We're relocating the entrance to be more accessible from the parking lot, to replace the current location of Scream. It will be themed to Central City from DC's Flash comics, and the entry gates will have the Flashpoint coaster rushing over them to get the thrilling stage.

We'd only need a couple of paragraphs at most. If you can't, that's totally understandable.

D Hulk

Original Poster
Calling RCT/PC fans! @Voxel, @Pionmycake, @mickeyfan5534!

We have a Flash themed coaster which could use an optional 3D rendering. If anyone has the time and the interest, of course. :D
enhance

Voxel

President of Progress City
Calling RCT/PC fans! @Voxel, @Pionmycake, @mickeyfan5534!

We have a Flash themed coaster which could use an optional 3D rendering. If anyone has the time and the interest, of course. :D
I might be able to knock soemthing out Friday evening sat mornign. I’m gonna go kinda MIA over the next two days (though I might get board in lines) I’m gonna be at Universal Studios and Disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom