TEA Attendance Report Now due June 3rd

lazyboy97o

Bingo. I believe OLC publishes attendance in their financials based on first click. Add in hopping and the 46 days of parties and MK beats TDL which makes no sense if you've ever been to TDL on a very busy day
But most people visiting the Tokyo Disney Resort are not park hopping due to the high number of day visitors and park hopping being limited.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
How many years can they go with "Frozen Summer Fun"? The only reason for any increase at DHS was the Frozen add-ons.

Looking at Frozen.... That totally caused an attendance boost.

Second half 14 was up 13% in the above average (6+) crowds over the same time period in 2013. Attendance shifted upwards as the off-peak crowds dropped 13% Peak crowds up 9% over 2014.

But when the first half was such a nightmare.... First half, above average crowds were down 17%. Peak crowds down 13%. Anything considered a 3/4/5 grew by 25%.

I need an intern to make charts. Sheesh.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
TheFrozenEffect.jpg

So this is the year as a Whole at DHS looked at by Crowd Levels for 2014, split by the Six Months with and Without Frozen as an addition to the Park. (Obviously Everything 1-5 is Average & Below Crowd, 6+ is Above Average Crowd.) This is the number of days the crowd was observed to be at that level.

The crowd completely shifted to the right and got larger with Frozen's addition. More above average crowds and more peak crowds after Frozen than before.

So what does this show us? That while Frozen boosted the second half of 2014, there was a lot to make up for in that the first half of 2014 was awful.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Even with F&W and F&G and upcharge Illuminations events and.....

The data doesnt cover the F&W/F&G crowd. As pointed out by others, its based off wait times and unfortunately those cant be measured. So thats a flaw in the system, but I'm just trying to paint a picture.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
DHS2013v14.jpg

Okay, This is the last I'm picking on the Studios for tonight. 2013 vs 2014 crowd distribution.

(Sorry Studios CMs and Fans. You deserve better.)

Even though the previous chart says DHS had a kickass second half as compared to the first, We're showing little-to-darn-little growth. The off-peak crowds shifted to merely average crowds. Doesn't have any growth on the number of above average crowds that occurred.

So if there is any growth, its darn small.

ThemeParkJunkee

We will need to compare the TEA numbers (annual) with your numbers (daily) and try to learn more. It is always good to get validation of our intuitions. The unknown factor is the issue of pent up demand in the vacation sector. A WDW vacation for many is NOT annual. With improved means, additional discounts and offerings, attendance is going up. While I don't consider any actual numbers as accurate, I consider year to year comparisons to be telling.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
WDW13v14.jpg

The Walt Disney World Crowd Distribution for the entire resort.

Fewer off/peak crowds (left side) and much more average-to-above average crowd levels. Shows a bit of growth and a little bit of crowd balancing. (Tho crowd balancing isn't holding true for Jan-Mar 15)

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
MKAvg13v14.jpg

So this is essentially the most basic comparison I can think of to show growth and visualized. Average & Below days vs Above Average Days. You show growth there, you're going to have an increase.

What Magic Kingdom is showing us is that the below & above average crowds switched basically. Was MK busy last year? You betcha. There's significant growth at MK, IMO and its pretty evident.

hopemax

View attachment 95491

Okay, This is the last I'm picking on the Studios for tonight. 2013 vs 2014 crowd distribution.

(Sorry Studios CMs and Fans. You deserve better.)

Even though the previous chart says DHS had a kickass second half as compared to the first, We're showing little-to-darn-little growth. The off-peak crowds shifted to merely average crowds. Doesn't have any growth on the number of above average crowds that occurred.

So if there is any growth, its darn small.

Oh yay, fun charts! So for more fun lets add some pretend numbers

So assume 1/2 represents a 18,000 day, 3 23,000, 4/5 28,000, 6/7, 33,000 and 8+ 41,000.

So sum of: # of days * # of people

107*18,000 + 40*23000 + 77*28,000 +85*33,000 + 56*41,000 = 10,103,000. Reported attendance was 10,110,000, so in the ballpark, but may not be accurate.

Then same thing for 2014

74*18,000 + 50*23,000 +108*28,000 + 85*33,000 + 48*41000 = 10,279,000

So 1.74% increase (between my numbers, not using the TEA one). Would love to know what the park actually pulls on a 1/2 day vs a 8+ and how I should adjust those attendance numbers. Between the data you have and that, we could get really good at this prediction thing.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
WDWDeadSeason.jpg

Last Chart for the night.

Here's the Dead Season. We're looking at WDW as a whole and MK's crowd level from Mid August until Mid October.

I included MK on this to illustrate when the Hard Ticket events are. Those random spikes straight up? Day following a HTE.

Edit: @ThemeParkJunkee, there's your dead season.

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Oh yay, fun charts! So for more fun lets add some pretend numbers

So assume 1/2 represents a 18,000 day, 3 23,000, 4/5 28,000, 6/7, 33,000 and 8+ 41,000.

So sum of: # of days * # of people

107*18,000 + 40*23000 + 77*28,000 +85*33,000 + 56*41,000 = 10,103,000. Reported attendance was 10,110,000, so in the ballpark, but may not be accurate.

Then same thing for 2014

74*18,000 + 50*23,000 +108*28,000 + 85*33,000 + 48*41000 = 10,279,000

So 1.74% increase (between my numbers, not using the TEA one). Would love to know what the park actually pulls on a 1/2 day vs a 8+ and how I should adjust those attendance numbers. Between the data you have and that, we could get really good at this prediction thing.

Yes and No....

I'm looking at the growth of above average crowds as an indicator of whether a park grew as a whole. Simplistic, I know, but its the best indicator I can come up with simply.

So if the above average crowds for DAK is 7% more for 2014 vs 2013, I'm suggesting DAK grew around that and then multiplying the growth vs 2013.

Extrapolate the way you want, I'm not ready to go out on a limb and say what a crowd level means beyond a 5. Using that estimate, a 5 would be 27,698 for the Studios., so right around what you're suggesting.

Pretty much in line with what I'm suggesting. Absolutely Flat at DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom