TDL keeping Captain Eo

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Lol. Since this site is dedicated to WDW I overlooked that you wrote about DL and I thought-
you were at Hollywood Studios a little while before you got to Epcot as you were watching EO to kill time before using a FP for Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom.
You would have needed to time travel.

I think he meant Mission: Space at EPCOT.

bluelobster

Officially, the division is known as "Team Disney", with the management team responsible for Walt Disney World Resort known as "Team Disney Orlando" to differentiate themselves from the other Disney management teams (Anaheim, Hong Kong, Burbank, et al.).

The name "Team Disney" goes back *years*, and easily pre-dates things like Twilight, the Leno/Conan drama, etc.

SMRT-1

Nope. It was 1/3rd full when I went back in October. And unless nervous chuckle is the new applause no one clapped at the end.

Then again, both of us are just anecdotal.

let me rephrase... it's always full when i am there as well as applause at the end. sorry for the confusion.

nerdboyrockstar

All the resorts should keep Captain EO until they've got a solid new attraction to announce and put in its place. It's seeing plenty more traffic than HISTA and selling a lot more merchandise (especially compared to HISTA which sold 0).

But it shouldn't be there forever. 3D movies are being dropped into theaters weekly. It can't be that difficult.

NewfieFan

However, I think it could play to completely empty theatres at WDW and still stay open another ten years.

Noooooooooooooo!

Nope. It was 1/3rd full when I went back in October. And unless nervous chuckle is the new applause no one clapped at the end.

Then again, both of us are just anecdotal.

Yeah, it was the same way last Sept. (granted Sept. is a really slow time crowd wise). This theatre only had a handful of people in it and when the show ended it was nervous laughter, coughing and clearing of throats, and people looking at each other with that look... you know, the "I can't believe we just watched that" look.

I'll admit it... I hate Captain EO! There I said it! Hate is a strong word but I really do not like the show! It's old, outdated, cheesy, and was only brought back because of Michael's death! Some old attractions are classic, can stand the test of time, become nostalgic but this is not case for EO.

Keep it around if it means the theatre will sit empty (I'm sure it eats up some crowds) but please replace it sooner rather than later! Actually a whole redo of the pavilion would be great while we're wishing on stars here!

Biff215

I think he meant Mission: Space at EPCOT.

No, they said they were at Disneyland so Muppets, EO, and Space Mountain are all possible within a short amount of time.

I'm all for EO over HISTA, as at least most people are familiar with MJ which can't be said for the old Rick Moranis movies. At the same time, I hope WDW doesn't milk it too long like they did HISTA. As others have said, maybe it's time for Disney to move on from 3-D since it's in every theater and starting to come into homes as well.

Imagineer6

No, they said they were at Disneyland so Muppets, EO, and Space Mountain are all possible within a short amount of time.

I'm all for EO over HISTA, as at least most people are familiar with MJ which can't be said for the old Rick Moranis movies. At the same time, I hope WDW doesn't milk it too long like they did HISTA. As others have said, maybe it's time for Disney to move on from 3-D since it's in every theater and starting to come into homes as well.

I agree, 3-D shows are getting old, so possibly a JIYI expansion. Or it could be leveled and made into a new attraction. They could do that, but make a new building, closer to World Showcase, and house Soarin Over the World. ThAt would mean having the 2 Soarin' attractions close to each other, but who cares?

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
All the resorts should keep Captain EO until they've got a solid new attraction to announce and put in its place. It's seeing plenty more traffic than HISTA and selling a lot more merchandise (especially compared to HISTA which sold 0).

But it shouldn't be there forever. 3D movies are being dropped into theaters weekly. It can't be that difficult.

Hey, I've bought the pins! :lol: :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom