TDA Changes Affecting WDW?

Boomerbilia

It's also a shame that so many people dislike Lutz so much that even when he has information that is accurate, they refuse to believe it and ridicule those that do.
I'm not here to defend him (I don't know him and could care less), but I don't mind confirming when he is giving accurate info, as he is in his latest article.
Also, in what way is he "incompetent"?

I don't know exactly what 'accurate information' you are referring to with Lutz. All rumors sound good until they happen.

I was working for the Magical Express and I believe he did a large piece on it. Most of his info was grossly wrong and time proved it out.

If his photos are legit, then he should credit the photographer. He should also credit Disney when ever he 'steals' a photo or image so we the reader will know what belongs to him and what he stole from Disney.

It would be interesting for Mr. Lutz to tell us what he does for a living, so we can find out exactly where his bias against Disney comes from.

Boomerbilia

mmmhmmm...and when he's right and DCA is a sparkling park by 2012...you know what, I won't even laugh at people like you, cuz I'll be having too much fun in the park. I do not blindly believe Al Lutz any more than I blindly believe our best sources here. Sounds like you are just jealous that Al is still popular after all these years and seems to have bona fide sources.

If Lutz has '' fide sourses, I think he could mention them. I get bona fide info all the time just by talking to Cast Members in the parks.

I could spew forth so much that's going on at WDW...and then probably get fired! We, the fans, can only guess and surmise what is going to happen, but when it comes down to big things, Disney Leaders can keep a secret better than any politician.

I see board members flaming other members who know more of what's going on. Flaming should NOT be part of this board. Constructive input and responses will make this a major location for info if we don't knock off people because we think they are wrong!

Boomerbilia

Does Al Lutz hate Disney? I don't know.
Does he hate WDW? I don't know.
I do not know how anybody feels unless they come out and say those words. Even in DL oriented message boards, there are many who think he is out to get Disney and will defend every decision that TDA makes no matter what.

I have learned that there are always going to be 2 extremes in the situation, but I happen to find Lutz's track record enough to at least keep me reading.

As I have just posted, I worked for the Magical Express and read what he wrote about it...and he was totally off base.

ToTBellHop

lol...bona fide info from CMs? That's funny. And as we already stated, Lutz recognizes his photographer, darkbeer, in EVERY update (you'll find him mentioned on page 4 of the latest update). Anything direct from Disney has Disney's copyright on the picture.

And what exactly was he off on regarding DME? I didn't even know he said anything about it...doesn't usually go into too much detail on the WDW side of things.

Lee

Adventurer
I don't know exactly what 'accurate information' you are referring to with Lutz. All rumors sound good until they happen.
I was referring to the information about the board meeting about DCA's future and the outcome of that meeting. Also, he is pretty accurate about what they plan to do the park, what the first steps will have to be, what Tony B. is looking at at Disneyland, etc. All of that is accurate.
Yes, technically it is all still rumor until it's announced....but it's true none the less.

We, the fans, can only guess and surmise what is going to happen, but when it comes down to big things, Disney Leaders can keep a secret better than any politician.
Ummm...true to a point about the guessing for most fans. Doesn't apply to all, though. Certainly not the ones who eagerly check their email every day for updates and information from...not frontline CMs...but actual designers and decision makers.
Sure the leaders can keep secrets (Except for Eisner and Everest)...but the company as a whole is extremely leaky...thank god.

TP2000

As I have just posted, I worked for the Magical Express and read what he wrote about it...and he was totally off base.

Al Lutz said something about Magical Express? Are you sure? He is a native Californian who only made his first visit out to WDW last year. And as far as I remember, that has been his only visit to WDW thus far.

Why would he care about Magical Express? Maybe he had some feedback or comments about the bus service that you, as an employee of said service, didn't like?

darthjohnny

lol...bona fide info from CMs? That's funny. And as we already stated, Lutz recognizes his photographer, darkbeer, in EVERY update (you'll find him mentioned on page 4 of the latest update). Anything direct from Disney has Disney's copyright on the picture.

I find it odd how, even on copyrighted Disney photos, the MiceAge logo is slapped onto every picture.

Boomerbilia

proper use of Disney Photos

And what exactly was he off on regarding DME? I didn't even know he said anything about it...doesn't usually go into too much detail on the WDW side of things.

Hey, you can put a copyright on anything. Doesn't mean you have a letter of permission to use the photo.

As for the DME, its been 3 years. I don't remember what he wrote, but he was off on some of the facts.

Doesn't matter. Lets keep up with what he currently does.

Boomerbilia

Upcoming Disney Projects

Well, according to one of the most accurate sources I know of - Al has some of the details right, but pretty much made up the reasoning as to why/how things happened.

Lasseter had nothing to do with it, WDW is not getting neglected or fewer projects then usual, and everything is far less dramatic and interesting then Al made it out to be. Oh, and the budget approved it actually higher then Al stated, like around 1.2billion, about 0.3 billion was cut and management is leaving it up to Imagineering to figure out what gets the axe and what stays from the original plans.

All you have to do is read Eyes & Ears and Press Releases. Everyone knew about the DVC at Animal Kingdom. Where are the mentions of the Contempory Villas? And the rumor of a 'Flying Bridge' to the 4th floor of the Contempory Hotel? 5th park rumor? Now totally off the books and not in consideration. And I guess we are all up to date on the 5 new attractions for WDW?

Since I am new here, I guess Lutz has already written about these things? I still want to know WHY he does his ever-so-polite bashing of Disney.

Mr Lutz, come out of the closet. Is your real name Michael Eisner? Take off the mask. :)

T0TFan

I do not think Lutz really ventures into WDW topics often. The only reason he has brought them up much recently is that he visited recently and was disappointed by certain things he saw and compared it to DL back before the 50th.

I live in SoCal and am a DL passholder so I find most of his updates very entertaining. I also am a DVC member and am not going to stop visiting WDW because he did not like a couple of aspects of his trip.

I do not depend on his point of view, but like I have said before, he is entertaining enough, and has had enough accurate information, to keep me reading.:shrug:

Boomerbilia

lutz using disney photos

I find it odd how, even on copyrighted Disney photos, the MiceAge logo is slapped onto every picture.

Thats exactly what I mean. He is ripping off Disney without their permission. Slapping his logo on them is totally wrong and, I believe, illegal! It's my own opinion. I'd like some legal person to chip in thoughts.

Disneyfanman

It never ceases to amaze me as to the amt. of bashing that Al generates. He is an editorial columnist with a strong opinion and a very reliable (imho) source list. Since I have been reading him, for 6 or 7 years at least, he has consistently been correct about future projects, and very consistent in his opinions. But boy oh boy does he take his hits on the web. Often I have seen "insiders" dispute his facts.........but I think that they are more often embarrassed that he knows more then they do. He also writes in a very direct, emotional manner. He probably delights (as most editorial columnists do), in pushing peoples buttons and eliciting an emotional response. I think he has affected positive change in the Disney organization. I think that they read his stuff and regularly hunt for the heads that gave him the information. I bet that really makes Disney crazy.

In my opinions, a great editorial columist does all of these things. Love him or hate him (not many seem to be in between), Al Lutz writes great stuff for the Disney nut in all of us. Even if you can't stand him, you can't stop reading him. I think he is very talented, and I hope that he continues to infuriate the masses for many years to come.

tirian

I think that they read his stuff and regularly hunt for the heads that gave him the information. I bet that really makes Disney crazy.

Yes, they do read it and yes, it does create a frenzy...

...because his sources are correct 99% of the time.

Just the same, he complains too much for my personal taste, and his WDW bashing borders on insanity (even though he is correct about Phil and Meg).

Boomerbilia

Leaky Disney? But you know what?

I was referring to the information about the board meeting about DCA's future and the outcome of that meeting. Also, he is pretty accurate about what they plan to do the park, what the first steps will have to be, what Tony B. is looking at at Disneyland, etc. All of that is accurate.
Yes, technically it is all still rumor until it's announced....but it's true none the less.

Ummm...true to a point about the guessing for most fans. Doesn't apply to all, though. Certainly not the ones who eagerly check their email every day for updates and information from...not frontline CMs...but actual designers and decision makers.
Sure the leaders can keep secrets (Except for Eisner and Everest)...but the company as a whole is extremely leaky...thank god.

:ROFLOL: But, it's real funny... I was talking to a 'knowledgeable' CM just today. She gave me some info on upcoming 'events'. But, she ended her conversation with one comment: "But, you know, this is Disney and the key word with Disney is "CHANGE". Anything at any time can change, making a liar out of any of us."

And that is the bottom line. At one point, Disney gave the approval for 5 new ships. The 5th park at WDW WAS on the map and was full steam ahead. There was even an inside dream (we can all dream, can't we?) that maybe, just maybe, Disney would be on the moon by 2020.

Hey, these weren't 'rumors'. These were real. But, what happened to them? 9/11 did.

Have you (any of you) ever seen the unfinished buildings at POP CENTURY? Absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately, because of MOLD, they have to be knocked down.

When LUTZ or anyone else has the ability to spend HOURS creating a piece that gently knocks Disney, I still have to ask WHY. Who does he work for and WHY is he doing this? What is his financial reason for spending so much time on this? I am curious and I want to know.:wave:

KevinPage

When LUTZ or anyone else has the ability to spend HOURS creating a piece that gently knocks Disney, I still have to ask WHY. Who does he work for and WHY is he doing this? What is his financial reason for spending so much time on this? I am curious and I want to know.:wave:

It's the same rationale behind anyone in the media: DIRT generates readers, playing nice and talking about how great things are doesn't get people to click the payboxes below or generate hits on a website. Since DL is no longer his personal whipping boy due to all the changes, his latest enemy is WDW. You always need a villian some people feel.

Would be be talking about Mr. Putz if he was all nice and fluffy? No, we talk because it stirs up emotions, then people who know nothing about him think "I gotta see what all the hubbub is about".

Then again, he could just have an elitist attitude and like to hear himself talk.

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom